Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Weird how there was so much outcry when we were linked to Gomez in the past and now… most seem fine or happy with it.

Maybe “most” are finally realising it’s ok to trust our excellent player recruitment now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have Liverpool signed anyone? If Salah or Alisson get injured they're in big trouble. Is that how it works?

They haven't signed anyone no.

Any club would feel it if a player like those 2 were injured, but if they lost Salah they do have better depth than us for wingers in Jota, Diaz and Gakpo

They would, however, be in very big trouble if McAllister or Szoboslai were injured.

They often play a 3 in midfield and they'd be left with Wataru Endo, Gravenberch and Harvey Elliott. Maybe good players but they'd almost be playing 90 mins every week, with Bajectic and Curtis Jones as cover...

...Maybe Trent could go back into midfield, but if they sell Gomez they also would then only have Connor Bradley at RB.

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

He is a debatable upgrade.
WTF do we want a debatable upgrade for what he would cost?

Just buy Gurt he is a far superior player

I Think that's debatable. I would also prefer Gurt and presume he's better but their have been many many players come to the PL from inferior leagues and failed, Gurt can do that. Gomez wouldn't 

Choosing the mystery box over the boat...

9 minutes ago, zak said:

I Think that's debatable. I would also prefer Gurt and presume he's better but their have been many many players come to the PL from inferior leagues and failed, Gurt can do that. Gomez wouldn't 

Choosing the mystery box over the boat...

Gomez is better but he's more expensive in transfer fee and wages. Plus he's older. 

So it's a trade off

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Steve Parish explaining on Talksport about how restrictive new rules are. Where you literally cannot buy a player until you sell one because the SCR is annualised you have no room to correct in a later window. 

This is why we have to move players out before we can sign anyone. We need to get the squad cost in line for the 80% rule, then we have 70% rule coming next season

I presume this is why Chelsea are bomb squading their high earners.

4 minutes ago, jigen said:

Joe Gomez is a calamity. He can't mark his man in the box and has terrible sense of position. Plus he is injury prone. Incredibile waste of money. 

I'll pass this on to Unai and Monchi--thanks.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

They haven't signed anyone no.

Any club would feel it if a player like those 2 were injured, but if they lost Salah they do have better depth than us for wingers in Jota, Diaz and Gakpo

They would, however, be in very big trouble if McAllister or Szoboslai were injured.

They often play a 3 in midfield and they'd be left with Wataru Endo, Gravenberch and Harvey Elliott. Maybe good players but they'd almost be playing 90 mins every week, with Bajectic and Curtis Jones as cover...

...Maybe Trent could go back into midfield, but if they sell Gomez they also would then only have Connor Bradley at RB.

To be fair Connor Bradley looked the real deal at the tail end of last season. They maybe want to elevate his status to #2 RB in the squad to keep him happy. He's young and potentially has a long future at Liverpool. 

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have Liverpool signed anyone? If Salah or Alisson get injured they're in big trouble. Is that how it works?

Salah and VVD leaving next summer on a free and possibly Arnold too. They gave too much power to Klopp and he's left them in bad shape. If they had a brain they would have sold salah to Saudi last May, and VVD too if they could. They would have given them the money to spend this summer. 

Edited by villa89

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

So there’s nothing in the Joe Gomez rumour? Imagine my shock 

Thank God. Nothing beneficial in signing Gomez at all even if it was for a reduced fee. Chalobah on loan with an option to buy would be a much better signing!

Can’t comment on Geertruida as I haven’t seen him play.

Edited by striker

The more I read about Geertruida, the more he seems to be the perfect fit for us as a player. I can't comment on his ability, but it seems he's a right back that can play as a centre half and doesn't mind inverting. 

He's just what Emery wants for that position. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The more I read about Geertruida, the more he seems to be the perfect fit for us as a player. I can't comment on his ability, but it seems he's a right back that can play as a centre half and doesn't mind inverting. 

He's just what Emery wants for that position. 

Martinez
Geertruida Konsa Pau Torres Maatsen

That's a CL level defence right there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

Been linked with Ernst Muci who I thought was decent for Legia. This is the kind of signing I like. 

The source for Muci link is as rubbish as it gets. Highlights the cottage industry of transfer rumours for clicks

Edited by Kiwivillan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â