Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that's what I'd lean towards too

Circa £25m would sound about right

Chelsea apparently want £30M for Chalobah (who I do rate), so if it was a toss up price wise between him and Gomez I’d take the former.  

Would still be surprised if Monchi couldn’t find better value for money than either of them from abroad. 

3 hours ago, Caddy said:

Pretty sure Cash knows in his heart of hearts that he's punching above his weight at this point, but from his point of view why not let it ride? He'll get plenty of game time even if we bring in Geertruida and this will surely be the only time he has a chance to play an important role in a squad competing in the CL. And who knows? Maybe he'd kick on if he had actual competition instead of knowing the only other real optional at RB is playing our best CB out of position; it did Digne a world of good. As it stands he's still a wonderful 2nd string/rotational option and I don't think he's the type to fuss about being that.

Cash was one of Villa’s best players yesterday.

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAN said:

Kudus had Cash in his pocket all game unfortunately

Kudus was excellent right enough but I thought Cash did ok against him and was very good going forward.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Chelsea apparently want £30M for Chalobah (who I do rate), so if it was a toss up price wise between him and Gomez I’d take the former.  

Would still be surprised if Monchi couldn’t find better value for money than either of them from abroad. 

Based on what they said in last interview.

It seems Sometimes Unai may overrule them and just choose a player he likes 

As he apparently did with Barkley 

Wonder if Rogers was a similar scenario as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'd say Gomez would be an improvement on either Cash or Carlos myself.

Only issue with the Gomez move is I'm not sure that he's enough of an upgrade to justify the price tag (potentially £35-45m) and higher wages. I think there's better out there. Even Chalobah due to the more reasonable wages would be a better buy

20 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'd say Gomez would be an improvement on either Cash or Carlos myself.

He is a debatable upgrade.
WTF do we want a debatable upgrade for what he would cost?

Just buy Gurt he is a far superior player

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on what they said in last interview.

It seems Sometimes Unai may overrule them and just choose a player he likes 

As he apparently did with Barkley 

Wonder if Rogers was a similar scenario as well.

Yep, I read an article on this. Unai personally wanted and liked Rogers so Monchi and Vidagany went all out to get him at the best possible deal. 

Talent ID is crazy 👌 

Which is why Felix would’ve been a great signing 😂😂😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is a debatable upgrade.
WTF do we want a debatable upgrade for what he would cost?

Just buy Gurt he is a far superior player

Easiest way to get ripped of is to pay the English tax… anything over 20-25m for someone like Gomez seems mental but he will be vastly overpriced by the likes of Liverpool… same goes for Chalobah (loan is obv preferable) imo. Wages wouldn’t be low either… and would probably expect guaranteed first team football to move.

If we’re paying decent/big money… the players actually need to make us better rather than add to our numbers or be cover.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Only issue with the Gomez move is I'm not sure that he's enough of an upgrade to justify the price tag (potentially £35-45m) and higher wages. I think there's better out there. Even Chalobah due to the more reasonable wages would be a better buy

Yeah, not talking about the merits of the fee etc, just the quality of player given the opposite had been said about him above. Gomez is a good player but he played a lot of games for Liverpool and is pretty versatile and therefore useful to them, so I can't see how Villa would get it done anywhere approaching what would constitute a smart deal. On a purely on the pitch basis I think he'd be great though.

Edited by Indigo

4 hours ago, meregreen said:

He was our worst. Odd how people see things differently. 

I think people see the last ditch defending and think that’s a positive instead of questioning why he is out of position so often, as this is why he has to do so much of this last ditch stuff. 

He played well in parts v West Ham against a very good player in Kudus but the problem is that he’s always got a penalty or a lazy playing everyone onside moment in him and that’s going to be ruthlessly targeted by every team in the league. I’d happily keep him as a squaddie but his card is obviously marked if we sign another RB and we should be able to get 20/25m for him. 

Hopefully we get the RB upgrade as then that right wing can be just as strong and dangerous as we look on the left. 

9 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m really keen to know how much Gomez is valued at—£45m seems way too much to me.

In a world where we’ve received £15m for Archer and £19m for Kellyman, 45m doesn’t sound too bad. 

Hopefully he’d be within the 30m-40m range. I think he’d be a good player for us.

That said, I prefer the upside of Geertruida, and there’s no way we’re getting both. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Steve Parish explaining on Talksport about how restrictive new rules are. Where you literally cannot buy a player until you sell one because the SCR is annualised you have no room to correct in a later window. 

This is why we have to move players out before we can sign anyone. We need to get the squad cost in line for the 80% rule, then we have 70% rule coming next season

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Weird how there was so much outcry when we were linked to Gomez in the past and now… most seem fine or happy with it.

He'd been injured a lot and terrible against us when we were linked last time. He had a very good season last year.

Form helps, I still wouldn't want him but I can see why others have eased up on him. 

For others, Unai has multitudes of goodwill in the bank compared to Gerrard

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â