Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’d rather try and get Jarrad Branthwaite than Gomez  

Aren’t Everton wanting £60-70m? Also he’s a left footed LCB.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Quite like the idea of building an English core of players.

Rogers, Ramsey, Philogene, Konsa, Watkins, (Gomez).

This is why I kinda like the idea of Gibbs White

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Forgot he was left footed … in terms of fee we have players like Cash, buendia we could offer as well as say £45mill Gomez would no doubt cost 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Forgot he was left footed … in terms of fee we have players like Cash, buendia we could offer as well as say £45mill Gomez would no doubt cost 

I’m really keen to know how much Gomez is valued at—£45m seems way too much to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If (big if) Duran stays, then imo we just need an RCB to be ready. There's enough creativity through the front line to cover us. RB - Cash, Ned and Konsa gives us plenty. I think Ned (after nervous first appearance) will be first choice by the new year. 

We are so close to being set now. And if Duran stays, I feel he will want to really prove himself to Unai or the shop window. Either way benefits us. 

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m really keen to know how much Gomez is valued at—£45m seems way too much to me.

Scouse tax plus he’s also pretty good, versatile and if Guehi goes for £70mill+  benchmark set 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Geertruida, Gomez, Chalobah or keep Carlos/Cash?

who you having lads? Talk to me, sell it to me!

Geertuida & Gomez for Cash & Carlos would be a very good upgrade! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Think if we're spending above £40m for a CB then we're more likely to get a Diomande type from abroad then pay the prem tax on Branthwaite who'd also bring in competition from United and probably Chelsea.

I know he's left footed but Colwill would be a fantastic pickup if Chelsea start selling off assets

*Also just noticed Disasi was omitted from Chelsea's squad today. If we got him on loan that would be another reasonable RB/RCB cover option

Appreciate we don't want to help Chelsea cook their books but the owners seem to get on so why not exploit their situation and fill the holes (Kenneth.gif) in our squad

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’d rather try and get Jarrad Branthwaite than Gomez  

Yeah and id have loved us to sign either Bukayo Saka or Phil Foden over Philogene

Edit: this came across harsher than I meant. But in terms of cost, Evertons valuation isn't far off top tier players. Much better value out there

Edited by HalfTimePost

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Gomez isn't better than what we have

He's more valuable to us than Carlos, I think he'd surprise a few if you saw he week in week out.

• Like 4

The thing I will always remember with Gomez was how he looked like the most utterly defeated man in the world during the 7-2. I've never seen a pro footballer look so mentally crushed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The only positive about signing Joe Gomez would be his versatility as he can play anywhere across the back four. 

I’ve never rated him, and given the premium Liverpool charge for their players there’s no value appreciation to chase, either.

Under Gerrard, yes, but this doesn’t feel like deal the new Villa regime would do. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’ve never rated him, and given the premium Liverpool charge for their players there’s no value appreciation to chase, either.

Under Gerrard, yes, but this doesn’t feel like deal the new Villa regime would do. 

He’s most definitely a player we are interested in.

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He’s most definitely a player we are interested in.

Hopefully not at the £45m that was touted as part of the Newcastle swap deal, there's no value here, Liverpool would fleece us

He'd be a decent squad option, I like that he can cover the whole back 4 and that he has experience but I'm not overly sure he'd be our starting RB

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Hopefully not at the £45m that was touted as part of the Newcastle swap deal, there's no value here, Liverpool would fleece us

He'd be a decent squad option, I like that he can cover the whole back 4 and that he has experience but I'm not overly sure he'd be our starting RB

For 45M he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Another reason why it doesn’t seem like a logical deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’ve no idea of the price, to be honest. I think the £45m was inflated for the whole PSR swap deal with Gordon though?

Yeah that's what I'd lean towards too

Circa £25m would sound about right

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â