Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Is Gomez better than Carlos?

Not for me. I always hope he starts against us because I think he lacks concentration.

I think at this point we just keep hold of Carlos, unless he desperately wants to leave. If that was to be the case then I’d rather we offered Lenglet a chance to come back, if he’d agree to such a move. 

6 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Is Gomez better than Carlos?

Not for me. I always hope he starts against us because I think he lacks concentration.

I think he's better for Unai's Aston Villa, yeah. Maybe not a Dyche team. 

I think him playing the RB/CB hybrid works. 

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Quite like the idea of building an English core of players.

Rogers, Ramsey, Philogene, Konsa, Watkins, (Gomez).

I agree with you in fairness.

It also keeps some identity in a league now filled with foreign mercenaries.

" taking all our jobs " and all that .. 

Your jobs I mean obviously... Not mine...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Geertruida, Gomez, Chalobah or keep Carlos/Cash?

who would you have? 

I'd sign Geertruida, sell Cash and keep Carlos until January to see if Mings is up and running 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Geertruida, Gomez, Chalobah or keep Carlos/Cash?

who you having lads? Talk to me, sell it to me!

I’ll talk to you, mate.

In a perfect world, given the options above, I’d take Geertruida, Gomez and Chalobah and sell Carlos, Cash and Buendia. 

I think that gives us more options and depth in more key areas. 

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd sign Geertruida, sell Cash and keep Carlos until January to see if Mings is up and running 

You don't get to choose the players you can sell, you have to have someone interested in buying them first. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

You don't get to choose the players you can sell, you have to have someone interested in buying them first. 

I'd have thought that Cash would be easier to sell than Carlos, even if there has been a more public link for Carlos to Fulham.  I may be wrong.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd have thought that Cash would be easier to sell than Carlos, even if there has been a more public link for Carlos to Fulham.  I may be wrong.

Cash would be a great pick up for someone like Ipswich, Southampton or Forest.

Im surprised Forest haven’t come in for him actually. I think he’d jump at the chance to go back there if they paid him a decent salary. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ll talk to you, mate.

In a perfect world, given the options above, I’d take Geertruida, Gomez and Chalobah and sell Carlos, Cash and Buendia. 

I think that gives us more options and depth in more key areas. 

yeah but Cash tries hard and does good sometimes, he is also experienced and knows the Villa, dont forget he tries hard and stuff.

Pretty sure Cash knows in his heart of hearts that he's punching above his weight at this point, but from his point of view why not let it ride? He'll get plenty of game time even if we bring in Geertruida and this will surely be the only time he has a chance to play an important role in a squad competing in the CL. And who knows? Maybe he'd kick on if he had actual competition instead of knowing the only other real optional at RB is playing our best CB out of position; it did Digne a world of good. As it stands he's still a wonderful 2nd string/rotational option and I don't think he's the type to fuss about being that.

Edited by Caddy

I think Gomez would be an excellent signing for us.

Knows the demands of the league, has played a lot of games at the highest level. Still relatively young and his versatility across CB/RB is what we need. 

Whenever I have watched him deputise for Trent at RB I've been surprised at how good on the ball he actually is. He's obviously not Trent level but he can deliver a decent cross, so he'd be a step up from Konsa in that respect. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â