Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Quite like the idea of Joe Gomez the more I've looked into it, he played 50+ games for Liverpool last season across a number of positions and from what I've seen the general consensus of their fans is that they rate him and don't like the idea of him leaving. Only thing is I can't see a way it wouldn't be prohibitively expensive given Villa still have to be careful with spending, Liverpool only sell at a premium and he still has about 3 years left on his contract as is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Quite like the idea of Joe Gomez the more I've looked into it, he played 50+ games for Liverpool last season across a number of positions and from what I've seen the general consensus of their fans is that they rate him and don't like the idea of him leaving. Only thing is I can't see a way it wouldn't be prohibitively expensive given Villa still have to be careful with spending, Liverpool only sell at a premium and he still has about 3 years left on his contract as is.

AKA the redscouse tax

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

One decent preseason last year and people think he can be world class, it's laughable.

45 mins of the first pre-season match he was particularly good. That's it.

Along with big shit Wes, he became better better while injured.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Not only that, but is he leaving Liverpool to come and rotate at Villa? I doubt that. I think Geertruida is a much better choice looking at it from different angles. Gomez could be better though, mainly as a CB. But financially, and needing a RB, I think the other choice is the best.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Chuwuemeka left out of the Chelsea squad, might be available. Anyone know anything about him? Could be a good buy for £5m.  

Where would he play though?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Where would he play though?

Rumours are hes off to Palace, so no need to worry

Edited by Nigel

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Gomez would be superb signing. He'll just be too expensive for the age profile. Think Liverpool valued him at 45m I read

36 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Chuwuemeka left out of the Chelsea squad, might be available. Anyone know anything about him? Could be a good buy for £5m.  

Half their squad are left out of the match day squad because they've a billion players 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

I'm liking Rogers as our support striker. Instead of getting Felix, are there any other players with a similar profile to Rogers out there that we can buy to be his back up?

I actually think Dobbin has a similar style but not the physique.  It's rare to get that combination that Rogers has and so cheap as well.

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So where do people think we'll make the 40/50m in profit on player sales we still need before end of June? 

Cash, Kamara, Buendia all seem to be ones we can make the profit on. We'll get our cash from player swaps too, Bogarde to Forest etc..

Think that £50mil is closer to £20mil and if we can get some of that covered by Moreno and Dendonker leaving then all we need to do is win the league and Champions League and that should cover the rest. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CVByrne said:

So where do people think we'll make the 40/50m in profit on player sales we still need before end of June? 

Everyone keeps forgetting about HAUSE. 

Pure PSR profit!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â