Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, CVByrne said:

We'll see, it's down to Emi if he can get his performances to the level he has to be given a new contract. Look at how Bailey has been. 

It's just Emi costs a lot on our accounts. A new contract on similar wages would reduce his amortisation down a lot however so it's not out of the question. 

Unai will sort him.

1 hour ago, Enda said:

I bet you ten of the king’s finest pounds that Onana and Kamara will start more games for us this season than Barkley and Kamara.

depends whether youri stays fit.  onana or kamara will start with youri.  Barkley will play when Youri is rested.  Kamara could start with Onana when Onana has progressed as Emery mentioned yesterday.  He has a lot to learn and until he can add the creativity to his game that Youri or Barkley will give.  Not that I'm convinced by Barkley yet. 

Edited by tezzaleed

7 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

depends whether youri stays fit.  onana or kamara will start with youri.  Barkley will play when Youri is rested.  Kamara could start with Onana when Onana has progressed as Emery mentioned yesterday.  He has a lot to learn and until he can add the creativity to his game that Youri or Barkley will give.  Not that I'm convinced by Barkley yet. 

I didnt get a reply from cvbyrne but I’m serious with the bet.

I think Kamara and Onana start more games than Barkley and Kamara.

(Youri-Onana will probably be the most common pair because Kamara is out for the medium term.)

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

I didnt get a reply from cvbyrne but I’m serious with the bet.

I think Kamara and Onana start more games than Barkley and Kamara.

(Youri-Onana will probably be the most common pair because Kamara is out for the medium term.)

I think it will be our main CM pairing when Bouba is fully fit and ready, no rush. They will be awesome together.

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think it will be our main CM pairing when Bouba is fully fit and ready, no rush. They will be awesome together.

Agreed.

I could see Youri replacing John longer-term.

• Like 1

Just now, Enda said:

Agreed.

I could see Youri replacing John longer-term.

I wonder if Bouba will fill in in defence too…

Don’t necessarily need to replace anyone (but I suppose I get what you mean regarding age and the future, I do still worry whether Youri has the legs and stamina though. Think he will need resting from time to time, gets hit by exhaustion and niggles/strains occasionally. In that respect, I think John is more reliable or durable. Youri does keep improving though) but to have excellent alternatives and rotation options.

Think the idea this summer has been to try and ensure there is not such a huge drop off when we are missing a player or they need a bit of a recharge. We have numbers in midfield now and Enzo and Ross will both get minutes over the course of the season imo.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Ignoring the stating 11 from yesterday’s match

this is our likely squad 

IMG-0915.jpg

where would it likely finish in the Prem?

Hmm… once injury kicks in, I think that’s a bottom half team, not relegation though, just 14th, something like that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

this is our likely squad 

IMG-0915.jpg

I suppose a futher question would be would it beat he villa team that played the first season? or even the second?

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

I suppose a futher question would be would it beat he villa team that played the first season? or even the second?

Good question, I’d think it be close if it’s 11 v 11

2-1/3-1 to the first 11

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

this is our likely squad 

IMG-0915.jpg

2nd. 

It wouldn't beat our First XI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

this is our likely squad 

IMG-0915.jpg

Another question, could this squad have a good league cup run?

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hoping the links are true and we get one or all of Sverre Nypan & Jens Hjertø-Dahl 

When we're we last linked to them? Can't say I've heard of Hjerto-Dahl but I'd love Nypan

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

this is our likely squad 

IMG-0915.jpg

Top 10

1 hour ago, tezzaleed said:

oh and somewhere Buendia fits into that midfield.  I'm not sure how yet but I believe that if he is fully fit Emery can turn him into world class. 

In what world will Buendia ever be world class. Seriously. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

In what world will Buendia ever be world class. Seriously. 

One decent preseason last year and people think he can be world class, it's laughable.

I hope he can make a positive impact, returning from injury, but it won't be easy.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â