Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So where do people think we'll make the 40/50m in profit on player sales we still need before end of June? 

Cash, Kamara, Buendia all seem to be ones we can make the profit on. We'll get our cash from player swaps too, Bogarde to Forest etc..

Duran. Few extra million on his fee now.

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So where do people think we'll make the 40/50m in profit on player sales we still need before end of June? 

Cash, Kamara, Buendia all seem to be ones we can make the profit on. We'll get our cash from player swaps too, Bogarde to Forest etc..

I think the club's "plan" will be to just move on those they couldn't this year, and see if we can finish Top 4 again. PSR ends next year to align with SCR I think, so hopefully that'll give us some room too.

If we don't qualify for CL then we'll sell a big hitter. I'd be amazed if it wasn't Emi 

• Cash - will be pure cash next summer as it'll be his 5th year at the club. We could maybe get £20-25m for him as he's still only 27 and in his prime.
  • Duran - If he stays this summer, I can't imagine we get a further year out of Duran. That'll be £40m.
  • Carlos - for £10m if he stays this summer
  • I do agree with you though, I can't imagine all our currently severely injured players stay. Atleast one of Mings and Buendia will go.
  • Swapsies and loans for whichever of Enzo, Iling-Jnr, Kosta and Bogarde don't kick on this year
Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

Potential signings. Who is being replaced in yesterday’s 11 + 9?

Martinez, Cash, Carlos, Pau, Digne, Youri, Onana, McGinn, Bailey, Rodgers, Watkins 

Gauci, Carlos, Maatsen, Nedeljkovic, Barkley, Ramsey, Jaden, Buendia, Duran

Of course injuries and suspensions. But with Mings and Kamara returning. No room for Enzo and Illing Jr. Moreno and Dendonker still around. You can see why it is a priority to ship out. We need to see outgoings before incomings. 

if we want an AM/SS/ST could it be prudent to try to sort Buendia a loan? Or Cash in on Duran?

If we want a RB/CB should we ship Carlos out? Offer Matty Cash around?

Or are these musing a folly? Given we have a close to fully fit squad and with a long hard season ahead all will be needed. I do worry a bloated squad is an unhappy squad.

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Youri would generate most of that, and would not start ahead of Onana and Kamara.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think the club's "plan" will be to just move on those they couldn't this year, and see if we can finish Top 4 again. PSR ends next year to align with SCR I think, so hopefully that'll give us some room too.

If we don't qualify for CL then we'll sell a big hitter. I'd be amazed if it wasn't Emi 

• Cash - will be pure cash next summer as it'll be his 5th year at the club. We could maybe get £20-25m for him as he's still only 27 and in his prime.
  • Duran - If he stays this summer, I can't imagine we get a further year out of Duran. That'll be £40m.
  • Carlos - for £10m if he stays this summer
  • I do agree with you though, I can't imagine all our currently severely injured players stay. Atleast one of Mings and Buendia will go.
  • Swapsies and loans for whichever of Enzo, Iling-Jnr, Kosta and Bogarde don't kick on this year

Enzo Barrenechea cost us £6.5m and Iling Junior cost us £12m. So if they develop with us they will have value in the market but hard to see that being next season. Lewis Dobbin too doesn't seem like a 1 season improver and then sell. 

I think it'll be Bogarde, KKH (though he's in a dire mess again on Loan at Preston), Barry should be a decent fee if he scores 25+ goals. Will just turn 22 next summer. 

So feels like Duran, Cash, Buendia and Kamara are on the list still. Kamara because he'll have 2 years left so it's new contract time or sale time and Kamara is a valuable player who would be 100% profit in PSR.

How about 1 year, rolling contracts for Ty and Buendia?

Love the pair of them and have faith that they will have a big part to play, will be contributors imo… both are on a mission, fought their way back.

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Youri would generate most of that, and would not start ahead of Onana and Kamara.

Kamara is not playing instead of Tielemans, as different a player as you can imagine. We have a ball progressing player and a defensive minded player as the two 6 combination. 

The combinations are Tielemans/Barkley + Onana/Kamara. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

How about 1 year, rolling contracts for Ty and Buendia?

Love the pair of them and have faith that they will have a big part to play, will be contributors imo… both are on a mission, fought their way back.

Buendia will want a longer term deal as he'll be 28, he needs another big contract in PL to give him security into his 30s. I'd say he'd need 4 years, or at worst a 3 + 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Buendia will want a longer term deal as he'll be 28, he needs another big contract in PL to give him security into his 30s. I'd say he'd need 4 years, or at worst a 3 + 1

They still have 2 years each? Rolling after that? Makes more sense for Ty if we have any concerns…

I really don’t want to see either of them leave and not sure we’d get attractive offers anyway.

Oh well, we will see. In the meantime, let’s enjoy their contributions this season.

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The combinations are Tielemans/Barkley + Onana/Kamara. 

I bet you ten of the king’s finest pounds that Onana and Kamara will start more games for us this season than Barkley and Kamara.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Selling Womens team to ourselves. That's what Chelsea did. No joke

It's not been confirmed yet..and it's not been shown to be approved yet. That's absolutely where we should be going next if it is allowed.

49 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

They still have 2 years each? Rolling after that? Makes more sense for Ty if we have any concerns…

I really don’t want to see either of them leave and not sure we’d get attractive offers anyway.

Oh well, we will see. In the meantime, let’s enjoy their contributions this season.

Ty is the heart of this club. He should stay if he's able to contribute to the squad. 

Buendia is different, he is still young enough and good enough that there is a market for him to be a top player for other clubs in the top European Leagues. 

I just feel his stature and lack of pace is always against him at Villa and he's into his final 2 years and he's expensive on our squad cost at around £11m per year wages + amort. 

We can use that squad space better if Emery and Monchi go into the market, also Buendia has a sale value of 15m+ at 28 years old surely which books us a profit in PSR accounts. 

51 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's not been confirmed yet..and it's not been shown to be approved yet. That's absolutely where we should be going next if it is allowed.

It has been confirmed, they've done it on 28th June. It's not be confirmed that they are allowed to take that as profit in PSR terms. However for sure they will get away with it because there's nothing in the rules that doesn't allow these sales. 

Chelsea spin off women’s team with BlueCo taking ‘significant control’ - SportsPro (sportspromedia.com)

We need to seriously just copy them on all of this before any rule change. However with PSR ending this type of approach has less value. 

Edited by CVByrne

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ty is the heart of this club. He should stay if he's able to contribute to the squad. 

Buendia is different, he is still young enough and good enough that there is a market for him to be a top player for other clubs in the top European Leagues. 

I just feel his stature and lack of pace is always against him at Villa and he's into his final 2 years and he's expensive on our squad cost at around £11m per year wages + amort. 

We can use that squad space better if Emery and Monchi go into the market, also Buendia has a sale value of 15m+ at 28 years old surely which books us a profit in PSR accounts. 

We’ll see, he has plenty to offer imo. Creativity and a through ball king, we need different types in the squad. Has tenacity and aggression to go with his skill and talent too.

I just feel both players deserve faith and loyalty as they have given us good service, dedicated pros, invested in the club, worked so hard and put all the effort in to get back after horrific injuries.

I look forward to seeing them both involved…

More options is good. Unai has more tools to work with and to affect games and moments in them.

Edited by Jas10

58 minutes ago, Enda said:

I bet you ten of the king’s finest pounds that Onana and Kamara will start more games for us this season than Barkley and Kamara.

It will be special… Kamara has so much elegance and is an excellent ball carrier too. Think it will be a wonderful partnership and allow more freedom and expression for the attacking players. Youri did well as a more attacking player last season...

It’s very early days but… I don’t even see how Barkley fits in other than as a complete back up. Will play in the cups.

I do have high hopes for Enzo though.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

We’ll see, he has plenty to offer imo. Creativity and a through ball king, we need different types in the squad. Has tenacity and aggression to go with his skill and talent too.

I just feel both players deserve faith and loyalty as they have given us good service, dedicated pros, invested in the club, worked so hard and put all the effort in to get back after horrific injuries.

I look forward to seeing them both involved…

More options is good. Unai has more tools to work with and to affect games and moments in them.

We'll see, it's down to Emi if he can get his performances to the level he has to be given a new contract. Look at how Bailey has been. 

It's just Emi costs a lot on our accounts. A new contract on similar wages would reduce his amortisation down a lot however so it's not out of the question. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â