Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Geertruida would be the defensive right back and Cash would be the more attacking right back, no difference to how it was last season with Cash/Konsa although Geertruida would probably play more. Nedeljkovic would be 3rd choice, he is only 18 years old so he does not need to be a regular starter this season - we’ll probably sell Cash next summer (he’ll have 2 years on his contract at that point) and then promote Nedeljkovic. 

Kosta's age is irrelevant. Watch the kid play, he's more than capable of being our RB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I'm surprised no one has signed or even been linked with Álex Baena

He was at the Euros then immediately at the Olympics, he's still on his mandated holiday I think. If he goes anywhere it will be in the final week of the window.

7 minutes ago, Wes said:

He was at the Euros then immediately at the Olympics, he's still on his mandated holiday I think. If he goes anywhere it will be in the final week of the window.

Yeah good point, he can't play and won't be available for medical. So it's end of window or he stays. 

If we can get Dendonker out along with Moreno. We should have space for another attacker. I think Rogers is a great talent but we had Diaby there in squad to compete with him. We need to fill that gap. Buendia is talented but lacks pace and physicality and will be loaned out in Jan and sold in June most likely as he has PSR profit.

If Rogers is injured we lack that player in S/S role who can carry the ball and create. 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we can get Dendonker out along with Moreno. We should have space for another attacker. I think Rogers is a great talent but we had Diaby there in squad to compete with him. We need to fill that gap. Buendia is talented but lacks pace and physicality and will be loaned out in Jan and sold in June most likely as he has PSR profit.

If Rogers is injured we lack that player in S/S role who can carry the ball and create. 

Buendia is going to be loaned out in Jan and then sold? That’s news to me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Buendia is talented but lacks pace and physicality and will be loaned out in Jan and sold in June most likely as he has PSR profit.

Buendia is going to be here for a while yet, I'm sure of it. He can also, when fit carry the ball and create.

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah me too. No chance this happens.

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He's entered the final 2 years of his contract so there are 2 options.

1) He's offered a new contract

2) He's sold

He'll be 28 in Dec and if he's sold next summer any sale over 7m is PSR profit. 

I think he has chance this season to earn a new contract but really if we do sign this 10/SS we desperately need then Buendia surely is surplus to requirements

9 hours ago, Tubby said:

Kosta's age is irrelevant. Watch the kid play, he's more than capable of being our RB.

He has the potential for a great future but I don’t get why there is such an obsession to throw him into the deep end straight away when he has so much time to be eased in properly.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's entered the final 2 years of his contract so there are 2 options.

1) He's offered a new contract

2) He's sold

He'll be 28 in Dec and if he's sold next summer any sale over 7m is PSR profit. 

I think he has chance this season to earn a new contract but really if we do sign this 10/SS we desperately need then Buendia surely is surplus to requirements

I think I would be quite disappointed and a bit surprised if he did go, but maybe that’s what the club will do, who knows. 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I would be quite disappointed and a bit surprised if he did go, but maybe that’s what the club will do, who knows. 

Well he'll need a new contract if he is staying and if we are clearly out to sign another 10/SS and given the form and potential of Rogers...

Buendia lacks strength and pace. Something which Emery seems high on. I think Emi is going to be very useful for the low block defence when we need tome guile to get through. 

So where do people think we'll make the 40/50m in profit on player sales we still need before end of June? 

Cash, Kamara, Buendia all seem to be ones we can make the profit on. We'll get our cash from player swaps too, Bogarde to Forest etc..

Buendia is an interesting one as he’s fallen behind Rogers in the pecking order and if we sign another creative player as we’ve been linked all window he’ll be another place down in the squad. Add in Ramsey, Bailey, and Philogene and there’s a lot of competition in the attacking part of the pitch

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So where do people think we'll make the 40/50m in profit on player sales we still need before end of June? 

Cash, Kamara, Buendia all seem to be ones we can make the profit on. We'll get our cash from player swaps too, Bogarde to Forest etc..

Konsa to Chelsea and McGinn to someone oh and Rogers to Plop 

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hard to know really.  As Unai says, anyone is a candidate if the right bid comes in.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Selling the training ground to ourselves. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â