Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

58 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But, what would be the point in another RB? Because surely if Cash is struggling, then we need to turn to Kosta? Get another one in then we suddenly have three, like we did with the LB 

erm sell cash maybe.  

Im not sure where Geertruida/Gomez fit in if Cash isn't leaving.

If he stays that'd leave Cash, Ned and Geertruida/Gomez for RB - I don't think either will displace Konsa as RCB, so most games will be as a right back. I just dont see a scenario where we need 3. Especially when we had plenty of players not in the squad today (Enzo, Illing Jr, Kamara...), so someone else is dropping out if we sign an extra player. Either Cash or Carlos will have to be leaving, and I think Carlos is a difficult one to sell.

7 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Is Gomez the alternative to Geetruida for the RB/CB hybrid. I don't hate it, depending on price

• Like 1

in an ideal world:

Geertruida replaces Cash

Gomez replaces Carlos

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Xela said:

Gomez can cover all defensive positions. Would be a shrewd signing. 

Him and Konsa are very good friends and have known each other for a long time too. Not saying that’s a massive factor, but can sometimes help (see Onana and Tielemans).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Im not sure where Geertruida/Gomez fit in if Cash isn't leaving.

If he stays that'd leave Cash, Ned and Geertruida/Gomez for RB - I don't think either will displace Konsa as RCB, so most games will be as a right back. I just dont see a scenario where we need 3. Especially when we had plenty of players not in the squad today (Enzo, Illing Jr, Kamara...), so someone else is dropping out if we sign an extra player. Either Cash or Carlos will have to be leaving, and I think Carlos is a difficult one to sell.

Geertruida would be the defensive right back and Cash would be the more attacking right back, no difference to how it was last season with Cash/Konsa although Geertruida would probably play more. Nedeljkovic would be 3rd choice, he is only 18 years old so he does not need to be a regular starter this season - we’ll probably sell Cash next summer (he’ll have 2 years on his contract at that point) and then promote Nedeljkovic. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â