Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Watching Everton.  Ireogbunam is best player on field by a mile.  We might have dropped a clanger letting him go.

Everton fan was telling me today they think he’s the best signing they’ve made in years (based on pre-season, before the game). Doesn’t surprise me - don’t think anyone doubted his potential.

Just now, The_Steve said:

How about that squad depth eh

Insane to look at our bench today and then realize that Mings, Kamara, Barrenechea, & Iling Junior weren't even on it.

• Like 2

I don't think we need anymore players. 

Fine line between having too many and upsetting the squad balance. 

I like the squad we have and on today, we will be up there this season. 

5 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't think we need anymore players. 

Fine line between having too many and upsetting the squad balance. 

I like the squad we have and on today, we will be up there this season. 

We need another attacking player to replace Diaby, Jaden isn’t the answer IMO.

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Insane to look at our bench today and then realize that Mings, Kamara, Barrenechea, & Iling Junior weren't even on it.

And Olson.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s okay. We have Onana. 

Yup.

Onana is 22 (23 next week), 

Iroegbunam is 21.

There's a big gap between them in quality, but not really in age.I'd have loved Iroegbunam to make it here. We may well regret it or want to buy him back in the future. But the truth is, he needs to be at a team in the lower half to get minutes to become that player. We can't give it to him and unfortunately we couldn't afford not to sell him.

We may well regret it, but probably not this year or next. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

12 minutes ago, jim said:

We need another attacking player to replace Diaby, Jaden isn’t the answer IMO.

Decision made after 20mins coming on as a sub a month or so after he joined the club... Lol

• Like 2

Just now, zak said:

Decision made after 20mins coming on as a sub a month or so after he joined the club... Lol

To be fair, we all assumed he'd effectively replace Zaniolo in the squad, with Iling-Jnr improving our depth hopefully.

We've then sold Diaby, We probably do need to bring another in. There was a bit of a question as to whether Jaden was Diaby's replacement, but if that doesn't seem likely, then we do need another.

And not necessarily by writing off Jaden, Zaniolo had ample opportunity to have a bigger impact last season than he did. Jaden will too, but perhaps unfair to expect him to go from Hull for 1 season to playing every game like Diaby did last season

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â