Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Iffy link to Jens Hjertø-Dahl from Tromsö (Norway) Soon to be 19 y.o CM/DCM. He's tall... Can't say I know anything about him.

There’s absolutely norrr way that we are signing him.

Baena would be fantastic and help replace the creativity and ball control we've lost in Luiz, Kamara (and Diaby). A money + Moreno would be nice. Doubt they value Carlos at anything close to what we want.

• Like 1

"I do not agree with the decision to finish the transfer window until August 30, because we will play three matches in that time," Emery said.

"I prefer when we are starting the league that the transfer window ends, but of course, there are a lot of people with the responsibility to decide about it. It is not now because three or four years ago, maybe five, in the Premier League they decided to end it at the beginning of the season.

"But again, they recover the same situation in all of the leagues in Europe and the world. They decided to close it at the end of August.

"It is not just because I am thinking about it, I think that everyone was thinking about it when the league is starting and you are playing one or two or three matches and one of them is leaving and they are playing the same league for different clubs. I think it is not the best but I accept it of course and I am going to try and work in the last two weeks trying to be alert for everything."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Can't say I've ever seen him play but Whoscored has him down as "Very Weak" at passing and concentration, whilst "Weak" at holding onto the ball.

FBRef has him incredibly weak in those areas too, though very strong in the blocks, interceptions, Aerial Duels and tackling department.

For 19 Years old he seems promising, the stats seem to imply as more of an old school defender though, not a ball playing modern CB?

https://fbref.com/en/players/20a65cdf/Yarek-Gasiorowski

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/504417/Show/Yarek-Gasiorowski

I think the sample size for him is too low to read into the numbers too much. It's based on 14 appearances where the total minutes barely accounts for around 8 games, so hard to get a proper gauge. It's a bit like that stat a few pages ago where Lewis Dobbin had extremely high tackles per 90 numbers when it's obviously not the case that he's better at it than Onana.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Iffy link to Jens Hjertø-Dahl from Tromsö (Norway) Soon to be 19 y.o CM/DCM. He's tall... Can't say I know anything about him.

Google has him as a forward but he wears number 6 and doesn't score many goals so hope your position is correct😂

• Like 1

Loans nowadays usually come at some costs to cover amortisation and also expect all his wages to be covered so don’t really care if it’s a loan or permanent as long as we break even 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Is he hinting at someone leaving or someone coming in or both?

I thought he was hinting at how difficult it is to manage players who play for one club but might end the window playing for a club they're playing against - a Duran thing I thought.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Has anyone watched Ipswich v Liverpool, Greaves the young Ipswich CB looks good, I’ll keep my eye on him 🤔 

Spent a crazy amount on him from Hull about a month ago didn't they? Can't see him leaving unless it's for a profit.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â