Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Wes said:

Tom Collomosse responded on twitter that the player he was referring to was Yarek Gasiorowski (not in the twitter list, but apparently was in the article).

So what he said made no real sense then? 

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Tom Collomosse responded on twitter that the player he was referring to was Yarek Gasiorowski (not in the twitter list, but apparently was in the article).

A 6ft 3 ball playing centre back? Is he left footed I wonder. 

1 minute ago, Wes said:

16 minutes ago, Wes said:

According to the internet Valencia triggered a extension raising his release clause form €20m to €45m last week.

23 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

He is yes, so would fit the bill as longer term replacement for Mings

So this is where we are right now. 

Martinez, Gauci, Olsen, Zych

Cash, Nedeljkovic

Konsa, Carlos, Bogarde

Pau, Mings*

Maatsen, Digne

Bailey, Philogene

Onana, Kamara*, Barrenechea 

Tielemans, Barkley

McGinn, Ramsey, Iling Junior

Rogers, Buendia

Watkins, Duran 

To me the SS/10 and LCB are the areas of worry atm. If we managed to add a player in each position, maybe a younger player for LCB, then we would have the depth.

I think for European squad will be 21 + Philogene, Ramsey, Zych & Bogarde

So the two to miss out will be Olsen/Gauci and Kamara most likely. If we sign another forward I can see Iling Junior dropping out. 

Our backup 11 assuming everyone is fit is looking strong

Gauci

Nedeljkovic, Carlos, Mings, Digne

Philogene Kamara Barkley Ramsey

Buendia Duran

• Like 2

We have costs we need removed and that is the priority

Moreno costing (3.5 + 4) = 7.5m

Digne costing (6.25 + 5.5) = 11.75m

Dendonker costing (3.25 + 4.75) = 8m

Carlos costing (6.5 + 5.2) = 11.7m

In final days of the window we need Moreno and Dendonker gone. Need to save as much of their cost as possible. 

Carlos if he left and was replaced by Geertruida would also lower the cost. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We have costs we need removed and that is the priority

Moreno costing (3.5 + 4) = 7.5m

Digne costing (6.25 + 5.5) = 11.75m

Dendonker costing (3.25 + 4.75) = 8m

Carlos costing (6.5 + 5.2) = 11.7m

In final days of the window we need Moreno and Dendonker gone. Need to save as much of their cost as possible. 

Carlos if he left and was replaced by Geertruida would also lower the cost. 

I think getting rid of at least 3 of these would really make this window a really top window. We should be sending a big bill Stevie Gerard for his disaster signings  

The best part is besides Carlos I don’t think we need a replacement. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

41 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He is yes, so would fit the bill as longer term replacement for Mings

Can't say I've ever seen him play but Whoscored has him down as "Very Weak" at passing and concentration, whilst "Weak" at holding onto the ball.

FBRef has him incredibly weak in those areas too, though very strong in the blocks, interceptions, Aerial Duels and tackling department.

For 19 Years old he seems promising, the stats seem to imply as more of an old school defender though, not a ball playing modern CB?

https://fbref.com/en/players/20a65cdf/Yarek-Gasiorowski

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/504417/Show/Yarek-Gasiorowski

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wes said:

Baseless Speculation Saturday:

The private jet the club seem to have used/been using this summer is heading to Turkey this morning.

Although not to Istanbul, where most of the big clubs are based. Although could be going to speak to a player/agent or just going to grab some Turkish Delight. Or might not be club related at all.

Ernest Muci —> Besiktas —> 11m

5 minutes ago, sne said:

The Donk on loan to Trabzonspor or some such?

Donk will be a last days of window type thing where he'll go on Loan. Feels like our Sanson for this summer. We Loan him out and he has 1 year left. Ideally a Loan with option that is triggered etc.. 

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He said NOT to Istanbul. You realise Besiktas is a district of Istanbul?

You do realise clubs talk to everyone not just the player when purchasing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

What has happened to Moreno? I liked the guy, seems to have struggled to get back in, not sure if he has had any minutes in pre-season at all.

Betis already signed 2 LB's so I guess they are no longer an option.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

What has happened to Moreno? I liked the guy, seems to have struggled to get back in, not sure if he has had any minutes in pre-season at all.

Yeah, think the hamstring injury kind of rocked him and he never kicked on last season. Digne backed himself after being in and out of team with niggles the season before. Digne upped his game and defensively he's a much better player. Add in his leadership qualities and vast experience. For Emery he sees LB as so so key to his system and the chance to sign Maatsen was too big an opportunity.

It means Moreno is the one sacrificed as he's got about 7.5-8m left book value which plenty of teams can pay while drawing about 3.5m salary. He's a quality performer and would have plenty of clubs interested. Also easy to Loan out too for a Loan fee round 3.5-4m and the covering of his wages. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think getting rid of at least 3 of these would really make this window a really top window. We should be sending a big bill Stevie Gerard for his disaster signings  

The best part is besides Carlos I don’t think we need a replacement. 

He could certainly afford it…

spacer.png

b*st*rd!

Iffy link to Jens Hjertø-Dahl from Tromsö (Norway) Soon to be 19 y.o CM/DCM. He's tall... Can't say I know anything about him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â