Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, STO said:

On the official website Duran is number 24.  You'd think they would get it right?

I assume it’ll be fixed by kick off tomorrow 

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

How many more do we need to sell minus hause to be able to register all 25?

Currently on our books we have 29 players that would have to be named in our 25 man squad in order to play first half of the Prem season. 

However, this includes Emery's son, Rico Richards and Hause. So if you're assuming we aren't considering those players as people who would ever be included, we only need to shift one. Either that, or not register someone like Kamara if he's unlikely to play until January.

That squad also contains the three keepers and 3/4 left backs (depending where Iling-Junior plays), Dendonker, Carlos and Duran so there's a fair few people that are ripe for not being included. I think at least 2 more will be gone in the next fortnight and then we're just waiting to see who comes in. We'll need to shift three in the squad if we want another striker and defender. 

Emery is nearly a year older than any other member of the premier league 2 squad and didn't even make the bench tonight so I'm guessing he's 3rd choice or off. Rico was benched but came on to score. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

Currently on our books we have 29 players that would have to be named in our 25 man squad in order to play first half of the Prem season. 

However, this includes Emery's son, Rico Richards and Hause. So if you're assuming we aren't considering those players as people who would ever be included, we only need to shift one. Either that, or not register someone like Kamara if he's unlikely to play until January.

That squad also contains the three keepers and 3/4 left backs (depending where Iling-Junior plays), Dendonker, Carlos and Duran so there's a fair few people that are ripe for not being included. I think at least 2 more will be gone in the next fortnight and then we're just waiting to see who comes in. We'll need to shift three in the squad if we want another striker and defender. 

Emery is nearly a year older than any other member of the premier league 2 squad and didn't even make the bench tonight so I'm guessing he's 3rd choice or off. Rico was benched but came on to score. 

Hause... can we assume that he's been paid by insurance for the last two years?

Hopefully Newcastle can seal the Guehi deal as then Palace less likely to sell Anderson to Fulham. Meaning Carlos can get his move there and we can get Geertruida.

Next we need to bring in another forward, we've freed up some space with Archer sale and hopefully we can sign a 10. I and some other would be happy with Lo Celso, he is vastly experienced and is an Emery player. He won't cost too much and won't get a long contract either. 

However it'll be interesting to see who we move for. We have issues like Dendonker and Moreno to solve too, need to find Loans for them at a minimum. 

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hopefully Newcastle can seal the Guehi deal as then Palace less likely to sell Anderson to Fulham. Meaning Carlos can get his move there and we can get Geertruida.

Next we need to bring in another forward, we've freed up some space with Archer sale and hopefully we can sign a 10. I and some other would be happy with Lo Celso, he is vastly experienced and is an Emery player. He won't cost too much and won't get a long contract either. 

However it'll be interesting to see who we move for. We have issues like Dendonker and Moreno to solve too, need to find Loans for them at a minimum. 

I don’t think we sign another forward now Duran is staying.  

• Sad 1

I'd love us to be able to bring in someone of high quality to replace Diaby. It wasn't the plan to sell him and the club did so under the assumption that he could be replaced. Karim Adeyemi for example is the versatile forward Emery seems desperate to sign. A player who can play with a Watkins or a Duran. fbref says the top 2 similar players in 22/23 were Mane and Diaby. 

We have seen this, being linked with a player then goes quiet before interest comes back. Onana was exactly like this, this summer. It makes me think these are player at the top 2 or 3 of lists. 

Alex Baena would fit the bill too. Emery was coach who he broke through under for Villareal

Edited by CVByrne

Baseless Speculation Saturday:

The private jet the club seem to have used/been using this summer is heading to Turkey this morning.

Although not to Istanbul, where most of the big clubs are based. Although could be going to speak to a player/agent or just going to grab some Turkish Delight. Or might not be club related at all.

Just now, Wes said:

The list for those who don't want to click:

• Franco Mastantuono AM (River Plate) - Heavily linked to Real Madrid
  • Alessandro Longoni GK (AC Milan)
  • Sverre Nypan AM (Molde) - We have been linked with earlier this window
  • Mattia Liberali AM (AC Milan)
  • Adam Daghim FWD (RB Salzburg)
  • Oscar Perea LW (Strasbourg - part of the Chelsea network)
  • Bazoumana Toure LW (Hammarby)
  • Mario Stroeykens Second Striker (Anderlecht)
  • Jeremy Jacquet CB (Clermont Foot)
  • Orri Oskarsson Fwd (FC Copenhagen)

All under 18 so couldn't join us yet anyway? 

I've only heard of nypan and the first argie kid

Just now, villa4europe said:

All under 18 so couldn't join us yet anyway? 

I've only heard of nypan and the first argie kid

Not all. Stroeykens is 19 for example.

• Like 1

Tom Collomosse responded on twitter that the player he was referring to was Yarek Gasiorowski (not in the twitter list, but apparently was in the article).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â