Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

26 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

For those who need reminding - 

• Players are employees of the club - club officials cannot say anything which might be seen as prejudicial to that employment. Saying "yeah, Diego is crap and we want rid" won't help anybody, except the journalists who will go on a clickbait frenzy.
  • Our manager and the senior leaders are respectful and professional. They also have a lot of experience.

Did Harry Rednapp subscribe to this?

4 hours ago, allani said:

At the moment I'm feeling like we're building a squad that will be capable of giving it a real go.  We're going to be in the situation of having a lot of exciting players hitting 25 / 26 at pretty much the same time having played in the PL (and hopefully Europe) together for the best part of 3 or 4 seasons.  I think there might be a slight drop this season (depending on what other business we do) but we're just going to get better and better as long as people don't get restless if it doesn't all happen on Day 1.

My only slight concern with that assessment is how long can Emi go on maintaining his brilliance in goal because it's not often that we will have anyone in our team who is the best in world in their position. 

I’m more concerned about Ollie than Emi.

re this season, we’re settled, have continuity and have more depth. We have senior players coming back. Our failure last was small squad and key injuries/suspensions. We’ve gone a long way to address that, and I am an advocate that a “team” beats 11 superstars, which we are. Some of our surprise package was part of our success last season, let’s see how we evolve.

I have no doubt two or three key players will elevate this team to a higher level, backed up with a solid management and better squad will help us fight at the European places again this season.

Remember, our biggest asset is Emery, he is Elite and now very settled.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gibbs White would be a great alternative to Felix - albeit he can’t play as a striker. 

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He’d be great to replace a JJ or Rogers. yet in addition to them, I just don’t see a need. Too similar in profile to both of them 

I think MGW is great. I see him as a McGinn replacement. He's always running and busy. 

He'd cost a bit though. Maybe one for next season!

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Nothing that I can see.  I'm a bit surprised as he seems to have been the one regular player who hasn't gone to another level under Unai, doesn't really fit the profile for a Unai right back, would be virtually pure profit and plenty of teams around mid-table would surely be interested.

Looks great modelling the kit though. 

If Diego Carlos is staying we really need to shift Moreno and /  Dendoncker so that we can bring in Geertruida and a number 10 that can also play as a number 9.

There was a lot of noise around Semih Kilicsoy for the last 2 windows, so that would be a good option as the kid looks like a top talent.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Diego Carlos is staying we really need to shift Moreno and /  Dendoncker so that we can bring in Geertruida and a number 10 that can also play as a number 9.

There was a lot of noise around Semih Kilicsoy for the last 2 windows, so that would be a good option as the kid looks like a top talent.

Did Hause get a squad place last year, if so, he’s one that we could just not include if we needed to register Geerty? 

Edit; you’re probs thinking more about wages which is fair

Edited by alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Did Hause get a squad place last year, if so, he’s one that we could just not include if we needed to register Geerty? 

Edit; you’re probs thinking more about wages which is fair

I complete forgot about Hause.

But yes, wages is important as our wage to turnover ratio is apparently very high. Or at least it was last season before the CL income and new sponsorship deals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think MGW is great. I see him as a McGinn replacement. He's always running and busy. 

He'd cost a bit though. Maybe one for next season!

Can people stop using MGW.  I keep reading it as Michael van Gerween.

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Can people stop using MGW.  I keep reading it as Michael van Gerween.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b95281ljod4mbb07c7m941e

I think Morgan Gibbs White would be unnecessary - I think Felix was an 'opportunity' for Monchi and Emery rather than a need - I think if we don't get him we need to concentrate on finding a striker who can hold the ball up and the CB's we need.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looking for a b*st*rd of a CB?

BRING HIM BACK

What a absolute bellend and shows the type of character he is - awful player and distasteful person all round 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

👀 

Duran is #9, if you get player personalised shirts he's 9, if you look at training photos he's 9, Onana has played and trained and been pictured in 24 and wore it for his country.

Absolutely nothing to look into here. The bigger question is why are all football clubs atrocious at updating their squad information on their sites? I don't think I've ever looked on club sites because they're always embarrassingly clunky, outdated and provide minimal information, which is embarrassingly out of date or just wrong way more than it ever should be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Duran is #9, if you get player personalised shirts he's 9, if you look at training photos he's 9, Onana has played and trained and been pictured in 24 and wore it for his country.

Absolutely nothing to look into here. The bigger question is why are all football clubs atrocious at updating their squad information on their sites? I don't think I've ever looked on club sites because they're always embarrassingly clunky, outdated and provide minimal information, which is embarrassingly out of date or just wrong way more than it ever should be. 

Yup, and besides, Dibu is now number 23, not Coutinho.

It’s just not been updated. Wishful thinking.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â