Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

57 minutes ago, Wes said:

Kadioglu would probably start at RB for us (and he's so versatile he can play either flank just fine).

Tobido would start for us (if Konsa played RB).

Mats Wieffer I think is going to be looked at by Champions League clubs in England next summer.

Minteh and Gruda probably don't start ahead of Bailey, but they have a crazy amount of potential. That said, so does Philogene.

I'm always impressed by Brighton's transfer windows but I think they've done exceptionally well this summer. If they gel quickly under Hurzeler's system, I think they will ruffle a lot of feathers in the top half of the table.

Brighton didn’t even register when I read the comment so yes Wieffer starts here 100%

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We do not. We need someone who can fill in Luiz/Tielemans role we played vs City and Arsenal. 

Bailey, Rogers, Ramsey and Philogene is all the ceiling raising we need. We need the structure to maximise their qualities. 

Yeah but Lo Celso isn’t that player, he would be behind Barkley in that type of role.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So we’re gonna win the league in the not too distant future? 😃

😆

At the moment I'm feeling like we're building a squad that will be capable of giving it a real go.  We're going to be in the situation of having a lot of exciting players hitting 25 / 26 at pretty much the same time having played in the PL (and hopefully Europe) together for the best part of 3 or 4 seasons.  I think there might be a slight drop this season (depending on what other business we do) but we're just going to get better and better as long as people don't get restless if it doesn't all happen on Day 1.

My only slight concern with that assessment is how long can Emi go on maintaining his brilliance in goal because it's not often that we will have anyone in our team who is the best in world in their position. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

As I've said for 10 million Lo Celso would be a far far better transfer that Felix. He can play 10, LM and 8. He's mobile aggressive and a brilliant progressor of the ball. 

I think it's a good deal for the player in isolation but it would be nice to have someone who is happy on the right side of the pitch in our squad. 

7 minutes ago, allani said:

At the moment I'm feeling like we're building a squad that will be capable of giving it a real go.  We're going to be in the situation of having a lot of exciting players hitting 25 / 26 at pretty much the same time having played in the PL (and hopefully Europe) together for the best part of 3 or 4 seasons.  I think there might be a slight drop this season (depending on what other business we do) but we're just going to get better and better as long as people don't get restless if it doesn't all happen on Day 1.

My only slight concern with that assessment is how long can Emi go on maintaining his brilliance in goal because it's not often that we will have anyone in our team who is the best in world in their position. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but Lo Celso isn’t that player, he would be behind Barkley in that type of role.

He would definitely not be. Lo Celso is much better than Barkley. For one he can move. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, skarroki said:

I think it's a good deal for the player in isolation but it would be nice to have someone who is happy on the right side of the pitch in our squad. 

Bailey, Mcginn, JPB

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Bailey, Mcginn, JPB

Is that left footed McGinn and Philogene the left winger? As 2 of only 3 people you can think of. 

I know we have options I was being hyperbolic. The point is we're completely stacked on the left side without making sales / loans out and I don't think Lo Celso raises the floor of what we already have. He's going to get in the way of Rogers, Ramsey, Barkley or Tielemans playing when everyone is fully fit and they're all options Emery has chosen to sign or been firm in keeping. 

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

Listening to Emery in his presser when asked about FFP he mentioned YOUNG PLAYERS were sold to comply with FFP! With the emphasis on young players!

Luiz wasn’t mentioned!!

It was just as I thought then. Luiz was sold due to other reasons AND NOT FFP!!

Archer is also being sold for reasons other than FFP. Emery has confirmed that.

Furthermore, Carlos isn’t close to signing for anyone unless Villa get a good offer and is currently training with the team.

Overall then FFP rules have been met while Villa are still in the market for players 

Are you alright?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Are you alright?

Absolutely fine mate. I hope Emery’s presser will shut up the scare monger’s and conspiracy theorists on here?

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Listening to Emery in his presser when asked about FFP he mentioned YOUNG PLAYERS were sold to comply with FFP! With the emphasis on YOUNG PLAYERS!

Luiz wasn’t mentioned!!

Are you just deliberately being ignorant or on the wind-up again?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

on Doug and Diaby sales:

“It’s true that PSR and the Uefa rules [squad cost ratio] were the primary motivation for the Douglas Luiz and Diaby sales because we needed the profit. But I must say that Unai, me and Damian thought it was the moment to sell them to invest the money in other players, and it was possible to replace them.

Edited by Steero113
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Are you just deliberately being ignorant or on the wind-up again?

I genuinely don't understand how someone can be so wrong so often. It's almost skillful. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Listening to Emery in his presser when asked about FFP he mentioned YOUNG PLAYERS were sold to comply with FFP! With the emphasis on YOUNG PLAYERS!

Luiz wasn’t mentioned!!

Furthermore, Carlos isn’t close to signing for anyone unless Villa get a good offer and is currently training with the team.

Overall then FFP rules have been met while Villa are still in the market for players so no further restrictions!

This is such a bizzare take, there has to be some kinda backstory to this? Have you had some kind of Luiz views posted before on VT?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, striker said:

Luiz wasn’t mentioned!!

Overall then FFP rules have been met while Villa are still in the market for players so no further restrictions!

I think this has been covered quite heavily this week and Luiz was called out as someone explicitly sold for PSR.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â