Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Jas10 said:

Agreed?

Rutter is absolutely not worth £40m, no Prem goals and only got a majority of assists and goals in the Championship. The Turkish left back Brighton might sign looks very good but we have Maatsen. 

Not envious of West Ham, we are trying to sign younger names, and they’ve picked up expensive journeymen. I’d rather have Jaden than Summerville too. Kilman doesn't started ahead of Ezri or Pau either for me also.  

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Rutter is absolutely not worth £40m, no Prem goals and only got a majority of assists and goals in the Championship. The Turkish left back Brighton might sign looks very good but we have Maatsen. 

Not envious of West Ham, we are trying to sign younger names, and they’ve picked up expensive journeymen. I’d rather have Jaden than Summerville too. Kilman doesn't started ahead of Ezri or Pau either for me also.  

Don’t know much about him but the only player of interest or of enough quality… maybe Wieffer? A few were raving about him here…

Yeah I’m not envious of anyone (just Juventus a bit earlier in the window… mind you, Calafiori is an excellent signing for Arsenal). No one in our league…

I think we have excellent players, and more on the way. Most of all, we have one of the very best managers around…

Elite manager and CL football is not something many can claim or boast about… not Spurs, Chelsea, Manure, Newcastle, West Ham or any of them down there 😆… 

I hate Arteta but don’t know how to rate him… Slot is not elite, not yet anyway.

We’re in a great place.

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed?

Kadioglu would probably start at RB for us (and he's so versatile he can play either flank just fine).

Tobido would start for us (if Konsa played RB).

Mats Wieffer I think is going to be looked at by Champions League clubs in England next summer.

Minteh and Gruda probably don't start ahead of Bailey, but they have a crazy amount of potential. That said, so does Philogene.

I'm always impressed by Brighton's transfer windows but I think they've done exceptionally well this summer. If they gel quickly under Hurzeler's system, I think they will ruffle a lot of feathers in the top half of the table.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed?

West Ham have been busy, but most of the transfers haven’t exactly been ground breaking. Just that CB. 

I have no idea who Brighton have signed. Probably some clever prospects. 

Villa has been busy, but also not overly ground breaking, all our transfers have a wiff of “clever prospects” but for now, they’ve all boosted our squad depth. What’s been good 

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

Kadioglu would probably start at RB for us (and he's so versatile he can play either flank just fine).

Tobido would start for us (if Konsa played RB).

Mats Wieffer I think is going to be looked at by Champions League clubs in England next summer.

Minteh and Gruda probably don't start ahead of Bailey, but they have a crazy amount of potential. That said, so does Philogene.

I'm always impressed by Brighton's transfer windows but I think they've done exceptionally well this summer. If they gel quickly under Hurzeler's system, I think they will ruffle a lot of feathers in the top half of the table.

Wieffer is a serious baller. He would be a great midfield option for us but I don’t think he walks into the team. 

I like Brighton and they always do smart business - I just don’t see the value in the Rutter deal at all. 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

West Ham have been busy, but most of the transfers haven’t exactly been ground breaking. Just that CB. 

I have no idea who Brighton have signed. Probably some clever prospects. 

Villa has been busy, but also not overly ground breaking, all our transfers have a wiff of “clever prospects” but for now, they’ve all boosted our squad depth. What’s been good 

You don’t think Onana is ground breaking or Maatsen could be?

Just now, Jas10 said:

You don’t think Onana is ground breaking or Maatsen could be?

Kinda.. He’s good, yet feels like a transfer expected for our current situation (CL club)

Same with Maatsen, but I feel there’s a little time needed for him to “get” our system. 

I’m happy with the window, because I see it as a long term investment. But, I’m just not going scream or shout our window is better than others, or cry that others are better ours. 

as I see a sense nuance in everyone’s window 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I think Onana and Maatsen are going to be some of the signings of the season once they settle in. We are a very different team this season. 

I was quite despondent a few days ago but I am now cautiously optimistic 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Kinda.. He’s good, yet feels like a transfer expected for our current situation (CL club)

Same with Maatsen, but I feel there’s a little time needed for him to “get” our system. 

I’m happy with the window, because I see it as a long term investment. But, I’m just not going scream or shout our window is better than others, or cry that others are better ours. 

as I see a sense nuance in everyone’s window 

That’s fair… high potential signings at the very least. Here for the long term and will contribute a lot, a lot for Unai to work with and develop. 

• Like 1

As I've said for 10 million Lo Celso would be a far far better transfer that Felix. He can play 10, LM and 8. He's mobile aggressive and a brilliant progressor of the ball. 

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:
Monchi on transfers...

“I’m not sure exactly, but when we start, we have maybe 500 players [of interest]. Normally, we have 20, 25, 30, 35 in every position. But every step it’s reduced and then in the end there’s a shortlist with maybe eight or 10 players for every position.”

“It’s very difficult because when you qualify for the Champions League you might think ‘ok, it’s finished. No it’s not finished, we need to make another step. The most difficult thing is not to arrive, but to stay, to remain in the Champions League."

“We were very clear where we wanted to work in the squad. In our opinion, and Unai is the one who decides, we needed to increase the level of the squad in three points: Physical, first. A younger squad, and to have a more complete squad, so Unai can have more options."
“When you play in the Champions League, it’s very difficult because you need to have 20 to 21 players at the same level. You might play on Wednesday in Paris against Paris St-Germain and then you need to play against Crystal Palace, and you need to have the same level because both games are very difficult. Unai needs to have the option to maybe choose two different starting XIs, but with the same level. This objective, in my head, is an obsession, to build a squad with a similar level in the different profiles and positions. It’s very difficult.”

on Onana:

“For this moment, for the midfield, Unai wanted a physical player that plays well with the ball. We worked in this direction with many names and in the end we signed Onana. He’s a top player, he played in England, his adaptation is easier. But it’s true we work with a big file.”

on Barkley:

“With Ross, it was a personal decision from Unai,” said Monchi. “Together with me, but Unai wanted him 100 per cent because he knows him after playing against Luton twice.
“Unai wanted this profile. A player who is physically good, technical, plays well and can fight. And with experience because we need to play in the Champions League and we need to have some mature players.
“Ross, when we had the first meeting with him at the Belfry Hotel, he was very, very happy to come back. And for me and Unai, that is very important when a player has a desire to play in our club. It’s the first important step. He’s a different profile than we have in the squad. Not Onana, not Kamara, not McGinn, not Tielemans. He is, technical and physical, maybe the most complete player. He can play as a six, a number eight, maybe a number 10.”

on Philogene:

“With Jaden, it’s an interesting story. When he left the club last season, maybe not every day, but every week, Unai would say to me ‘Monchi, maybe we’ve made a mistake to sell Jaden’. Because he played very well for Hull and every week, it was ‘Monchi..’ I would say ‘OK, Unai, but we have the possibility to bring him back’.
“When we had the possibility, we didn’t have any doubts and we fought to sign him. We are very happy because he’s a top player and he’s homegrown, he’s an academy player for the Champions League. An interesting profile for many situations.”

on Doug and Diaby sales:

“It’s true that PSR and the Uefa rules [squad cost ratio] were the primary motivation for the Douglas Luiz and Diaby sales because we needed the profit. But I must say that Unai, me and Damian thought it was the moment to sell them to invest the money in other players, and it was possible to replace them.
“This is what I have done, in my history, when I work in Sevilla. The level of Sevilla increased by selling players, to buy players, to sell players. I think that is the way to increase our level.

“Diaby is a situation because he had a big offer for him and for us it was a good offer because we invested a lot of money when we bought him from Bayer Leverkusen. Maybe our first idea was not to sell him, but when a good offer arrived, we studied it and made a decision.”

on JJ:

“If we wanted to sell Jacob Ramsey, we would have sold him already because we had different offers from different clubs. But Unai has big confidence in him and I think that Jacob can continue to improve his level. Last season was difficult for him because of three injuries, but Unai thinks that with Jacob, Aston Villa is the best thing. He’s convinced 100 per cent that Jacob’s level will increase this season.”

Bit late there mate 😆

Lovely comments on JJ eh? Again..

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â