Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Sorry to disappoint 

(I must admire your positive attitude to thinking major news will drop whist you are reading the thread however,  at 8 am)

wait when were you typing? How can I set up an alert for that, I hate missing out

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not profit at all, maybe a couple million as we bought him back around that value for just a few weeks ago. It does though offset that payment and mean the profit we generated off him last year remains profit

We would have amortised that fee across the length of his contract so I think the profit would still be decent.

But yes I stand corrected, it isn’t quite pure profit like last summer.

Edited by Leeroy

13 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We would have amortised that fee across the length of his contract so I think the profit would still be decent.

I think you just need to view it as if Archer never came back, with the fee cancelling out the sign back clause it's like Thanos just snapped the kid out of existence.

19 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We would have if he'd stayed - but once you sell the player, you have to write off the whole amount.

You can't be amortising players you no longer have. 

So it will be (say) £15m out, and £15m in - no profit or loss this year.

We banked £18.5m (or whatever) last summer.

• Thanks 2

29 players currently listed on club page.

Hause- doesn't count as wont be registered or playing.

Archer- about to leave.

So that leaves 27. If Dendoncker and Moreno can de sold/loaned then that leaves a squad of 25.

If any other players are sold/loaned out then I think we will be bringing someone else in.

52 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hoping we will now see a number of quick departures with  Carlos and one of Digne/ Moreno going the next few days as the market springs back into life. Donk will be the hardest to shift and feel a deadline day loan to Turkey beckoning… 

He can go and join Big Wes:

• Like 1

Easiest way to think about the new Squad Cost Rule is see it as every club has a cap on the salary + amortisation of their squad. Each club will know their own cap by their projected income. 

I think our squad cost cap is about £300m. 

So if we sell a player, we immediately free up space vs our own cap. So Archer was costing £6.5 to 7m per year. Diaby would be about 15 to 16m (assuming some add ons are trigger this season). 

So we free up about 22m in squad cost with those two. 

If we sign a player on 7.5m wages and 7.5m fee amortisation like Felix that then adds in 15m of cost. 

If we sell Carlos we remove around 12m in squad cost

Then if we sign Geertruida we add in lets say 4m in salary and 5m in amortisation that adds 9m. 

We are floating around the squad cost limit at the moment

• Like 2

Iroegbunam is getting very good reviews from Everton fans based on his performances for them so far.  This is excellent for us and will help us move our youngest for bigger money as we progress.  Lets hope Archer does well for Southampton(obvs not against us)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'd love to know the list of options we are considering for the second striker role. Felix is obviously there, but who else? I bet a lot of us would be keen on who is 2nd in the list

MGW

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

but according to some on here we are only thinking of Felix and have wasted all of our time and resources chasing this one player this summer with no plan B......

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

but according to some on here we are only thinking of Felix and have wasted all of our time and resources chasing this one player this summer with no plan B......

To some all they are saying is "have we improved our first 11". Small minded thinking. 

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It’s worse away from here…. Way, way… worse 😵‍💫

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Yeah this thinking is so old school. Our previous transfer team may have done that but not the current regime. It seems pretty clear Felix was the number 1 target last season as well, but it was apparent quite early on it wouldn't happen so we moved for Diaby. I think the fact we haven't moved on to another target speaks volumes about our confidence of getting Felix in this year. Yes it'd be nice if it were already done, but sometimes these transfers happen near the end of the window, and if we can't land him there's nothing to say the next option on the list won't come in.

People need to judge things when the window shuts, as then you can assess the business as a whole.

with this quote, I think he’s pretty close to having a second XI as good as our first XI

just our second 11 right now is new, in development or coming back from injury

Gauci.   
Kosta.  
Carlos.  
Mings.  
Digne. 
Barrenechea.    
Barkley. 
Buendia. 
Ramsey.  
Philogene. 
Duran.

but once up to speed, pretty much all the outfield players wouldn’t worry me coming in to cover injuries, suspension or tiredness 

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s worse away from here…. Way, way… worse 😵‍💫

Cant agree more, i work with people that deliberately avoid long texts. Short easy to consume headlines only..... and no long you tube either 10 mins max.

This type of content consumption doesn't allow for much critical thinking. 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Press conference just about to begin, so maybe some little nuggets soon.

Would be nice if we could watch these live… how long after are they usually uploaded? An hour or two?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â