Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Second striker role. Felix would be great but I dont think its realistic that he'll sign for us. What other alternatives is there that is realistic for us to sign that could come in an perform? The players that are on that shelf would probably be too expensive and/or would not like to join us even though were in the CL this season.

Would it be worth the risk to sign a Cherki or a another player in the bracket? Sure they might do it but IMO there is a bigger risk they'll flop. Dont you think Rogers or Buendia could do an equal job?

I dont think its worth to just stockpile players that are about equally as good as the ones we already have. Better to save up some PSR room for when these exeptionally players get avalible.

Discuss! 

I'd love to know the list of options we are considering for the second striker role. Felix is obviously there, but who else? I bet a lot of us would be keen on who is 2nd in the list

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd love to know the list of options we are considering for the second striker role. Felix is obviously there, but who else? I bet a lot of us would be keen on who is 2nd in the list

The problem is availability this close to the start of the season. 

A lot of our eggs will be in the felix basket.

Other than that you are looking at distressed clubs. Barca maybe?

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Not sure about the new features on the app 'Nigel is typing' isn't exactly getting me boarding the hype train 

No offence @Nigel

(I bet he comes with some ITK hotness now) 

Sorry to disappoint 

(I must admire your positive attitude to thinking major news will drop whist you are reading the thread however,  at 8 am)

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

We don't know what condition Mings will be returning in (on the pitch). I am highly optimistic about him coming back, but he hasn't been on a pitch doing full work since that fateful Newcastle game last season. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on Bogarde. He's been decent for a few preseason games, but I'd rather see him get a full championship season loan and get vital matches under the belt.

We don't you are right.  But surely the club will have a pretty good idea by now on the most likely scenario and all of the associated risks and potential warning signs?  They will have access to masses of data about Mings (before and after the  injury), tens of thousands of case studies of other professional atheletes recovering from similar injuries (acknowledging that every injury and every person is slightly different), etc.  I would be amazed if the training and medical teams don't have a weekly (maybe even more detailed than that) forecast of how his ACL / knee / general fitness is supposed to be and that they are not measuring actual results against that to continually revise and tweak that schedule.  The idea that no-one has any idea what condition he is most likely to be in and by when just doesn't match up to reality.  Of course there is always a risk that he doesn't continue progressing at the same rate or that he has a relapse - but there's probably more data being gathered and analysed around Mings than anyone else in the squad.  That stuff will absolutely be feeding into the decision making around whether or not we need to be looking at recruiting to permantently of temporarily replace / add cover for him or not.  I think it is pretty clear that the club (or Mings) are hugely unlikely to share these details as things can change - but that doesn't mean that they are operating in the dark. 

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Rogers/Beundia

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Here’s an early morning question for you. 

which centre back should we sign and why? I had a think about this and there is no one obvious that comes to my mind now todibo has got to West Ham 

Lacroix. Very good defender and his contract ends next year. 

Or, if you have the money, Simakan: he can play cb and rb. 

It you want a young cb, Cristhian Mosquera (Valencia). Not ready yet for top level, but very high ceiling. 

Edited by jigen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Not sure about the new features on the app 'Nigel is typing' isn't exactly getting me boarding the hype train 

No offence @Nigel

(I bet he comes with some ITK hotness now) 

I can't stop singing 'You're not typing any more' in my head when someone bottles their message and deletes it

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jigen said:

Lacroix. Very good defender and his contract ends next year. 

Or, if you have the money, Simakan: he can play cb and rb. 

It you want a young cb, Cristhian Mosquera (Valencia). Not ready yet for top level, but very high ceiling. 

I looked at all those, wasn’t impressed with the stats

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I feel like we had an option to name one of our youth goalkeepers in the club trained category, and leave out one of Gauci or Olsen.... probably a bit of a gamble and think we may have loaned them out anyway, but if we haven't then could be a potential route.

We did, you must register 3 Goalkeepers, but one of them can be on the B list squad if they are club trained, thus allowing you to maximise outfield players in the main squad.

We've probably lost that opportunity and we'll now have to take 3 slots of the main squad for Emi, Olsen and Gauci. 

Zych is still here I think, but can't see him being used in that position at 19 even as an emergency option

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If we can't get our first choice then I would say leave it for the next transfer window or two

If anyone goes from the keeper department it'll be Gauci on loan I think. Zych already performed well in the polish league as a teenager, not sure what he could do more in another season on loan other than more experience. Gauci the same but he's much older and on more money. He might be more appealing to clubs looking to loan. 

41 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I can't stop singing 'You're not typing any more' in my head when someone bottles their message and deletes it

😄 no point deleting it when you have been quoted either!

• Haha 1

Hoping we will now see a number of quick departures with  Carlos and one of Digne/ Moreno going the next few days as the market springs back into life. Donk will be the hardest to shift and feel a deadline day loan to Turkey beckoning… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

£15m for Archer is decent, pure profit too. Genuinely hope he does well for them and his goals keep them up.

You’d like to think Archer out frees up a squad space for Felix or equivalent. 

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

£15m for Archer is decent, pure profit too. Genuinely hope he does well for them and his goals keep them up.

You’d like to think Archer out frees up a squad space for Felix or equivalent. 

Not profit at all, maybe a couple million as we bought him back around that value for just a few weeks ago. It does though offset that payment and mean the profit we generated off him last year remains profit

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â