Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

With Duran staying, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a more creative 10.

Wonder if those links out of Turkey for Muci are true... 🤔

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Oh my sweet summer child 

It just has the smell of Emery about it. A player we played against who impressed him when he did his opposition prep and during the actual game? Where have we heard that before...

But yes, Turkish media not at all known for their accuracy.

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Wonder if those links out of Turkey for Muci are true... 🤔

He only just signed for them no? I don't see it.

I suspect Archer out gets Gerty over the line. We need more in defence who aren't LBs.

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Archer Out 
Felix In
Carlos Out
Geertruida In
Moreno Out
Chalobah in 

Easy work 

Archer out Semi in

Moreno out Hermoso/Chalobah in

Carlos out Geertruida in

Don’t  forget:

Diaby already out waiting for Felix/Baena in

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Pau Cubarsi turned out OK

he is also an out and out CB. I'd also say that playing CB for Barca in La Liga is going to be a different task than playing CB for Villa in the Premier League

8 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Happens often for the elite clubs that play CL regularly. Believe it or not, some still develop youth players, including CBs

That they have a completely inexperienced CB as the back-up CB? 

5 hours ago, Indigo said:

Which is more likely to happen if you're relying on those defenders to play 90 minutes twice a week in such high levels of competition.

Just had a quick glance and going into the season with Bogarde so high up the pecking order at CB - a player who hasn't played there once in a competitive men's game - would leave us shorter than essentially every single other team in the league in that position. It might end up working out fine but I don't think it's particularly accurate to treat it as such a non-issue when viewed in context. The only sides comparable currently are Fulham and Newcastle, who are both actively trying to sign a new CB regardless of not having the additional strain of competing in Europe.

Exactly. I just don't understand how 1: seeing Digne at CB in pre-season and 2. folks putting Bogarde as the back-up CB for the first team, doesn't set off an alarm bell. It's almost definitely the worst depth at CB in the Premier League. It might work out fine, as you say! But going into the season with 3 senior CBs (one of whom also gets started at RB) would make me extremely worried. 

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I don’t see it that short tbh. It’s only down by one player who will be back soon than later.  It’s inconvenient, but it’s not panic stations, “sign a CB right away”. 

And the back up to the back has had a great preseason playing against CL level teams. 

things aren’t that bad really, just inconvenient 

We don't know what condition Mings will be returning in (on the pitch). I am highly optimistic about him coming back, but he hasn't been on a pitch doing full work since that fateful Newcastle game last season. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on Bogarde. He's been decent for a few preseason games, but I'd rather see him get a full championship season loan and get vital matches under the belt.

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Bad news guys, Archer leaving only frees up a PL squad spot, but not a CL squad spot 

I feel like we had an option to name one of our youth goalkeepers in the club trained category, and leave out one of Gauci or Olsen.... probably a bit of a gamble and think we may have loaned them out anyway, but if we haven't then could be a potential route.

12 hours ago, Indigo said:

Not wanting to be interpreted as being miserable as you can be when making this observation, but there's been some great signings (on paper) made by other sides around the league. It's going to be such a crazily competitive season.

Have to agree, the top 8 is going to be super competitive this season should thing click at some other clubs.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Archer out Semi in

Moreno out Hermoso/Chalobah in

Carlos out Geertruida in

Don’t  forget:

Diaby already out waiting for Felix/Baena in

That would be an absolute home run of a window. Then still have Jan window to move on the others as some teams will be desperate re: Donk, Digne, Duran if need be. 

Here’s an early morning question for you. 

which centre back should we sign and why? I had a think about this and there is no one obvious that comes to my mind now todibo has got to West Ham 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Here’s an early morning question for you. 

which centre back should we sign and why? I had a think about this and there is no one obvious that comes to my mind now todibo has got to West Ham 

What happened to that young Scandinavian CB we were looking at?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â