Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

36 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Conclaves linked now according to football insider…………. Does that count or am I clutching at straws??

We got no money….until we sell.

29 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

He has been rumored throughout the window This one would be really exciting. Fantastic player. He would be brilliant just behind Ollie'

Forget Felix , he doesn't want to come here anyway. If we got Goncalves and Geertruida it would be the most fantastic window we've ever had

Warning…..they will require evidence, he doesn’t want to come.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He will only be relayed upon in case of 2 CB injuries in the space of 2/3 months before Mings is back and fit  

He’ll be fine 

Which is more likely to happen if you're relying on those defenders to play 90 minutes twice a week in such high levels of competition.

Just had a quick glance and going into the season with Bogarde so high up the pecking order at CB - a player who hasn't played there once in a competitive men's game - would leave us shorter than essentially every single other team in the league in that position. It might end up working out fine but I don't think it's particularly accurate to treat it as such a non-issue when viewed in context. The only sides comparable currently are Fulham and Newcastle, who are both actively trying to sign a new CB regardless of not having the additional strain of competing in Europe.

Edited by Indigo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Which is more likely to happen if you're relying on those defenders to play 90 minutes twice a week in such high levels of competition.

Just had a quick glance and going into the season with Bogarde so high up the pecking order at CB - a player who hasn't played there once in a competitive men's game - would leave us shorter than essentially every single other team in the league in that position. It might end up working out fine but I don't think it's particularly accurate to treat it as such a non-issue when viewed in context. The only sides comparable currently are Fulham and Newcastle, who are both actively trying to sign a new CB regardless of not having the additional strain of competing in Europe.

Stop worrying. It will be fine. He probably won’t start a game PL/CL game all season 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Stop worrying. It will be fine. He probably won’t start a game PL/CL game all season 

Stop projecting! 😂 I'm not worried, I can't believe we even achieved what we did and am just looking forward to the season with minimal expectations. Bogarde could have to play at striker at the Bernabeu and I'd primarily just be happy Villa were playing there in a Champions League game. It doesn't change the actual facts of what is actually being discussed though, which is that our depth at CB is relatively short whether you're concerned about it or not.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it a new feature.

I just noticed this too 😅 

Seems to be! It’s pretty chaotic.. got who’s typing at the bottom of the thread and everyone who is in the thread at the top… orange everywhere! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Stop projecting! 😂 I'm not worried, I can't believe we even achieved what we did and am just looking forward to the season with minimal expectations. Bogarde could have to play at striker at the Bernabeu and I'd primarily just be happy Villa were playing there in a Champions League game. It doesn't change the actual facts of what is actually being discussed though, which is that our depth at CB is relatively short whether you're concerned about it or not.

I don’t see it that short tbh. It’s only down by one player who will be back soon than later.  It’s inconvenient, but it’s not panic stations, “sign a CB right away”. 

And the back up to the back has had a great preseason playing against CL level teams. 

things aren’t that bad really, just inconvenient 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Just wish others were positive about the season ahead and would stop stressing all the damn time for no apparent reason. 

Have I landed in the Twilight Zone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I don’t see it that short tbh. It’s only down by one player who will be back soon than later.  It’s inconvenient, but it’s not panic stations, “sign a CB right away”. 

And the back up to the back has had a great preseason playing against CL level teams. 

things aren’t that bad really, just inconvenient 

I haven't really seen any widespread panicking about the CB situation or desperation for one to be signed immediately, just discussion that the current state of it/balance of numbers across the squad isn't ideal and how it could be addressed. As I said, there's no team in the league that's less short in that position, so in relative terms we are pretty short going into such a busy season no matter how it plays out.

• Like 2

Gutted.  Everyone chatting about who is typing and I'm looking around and realise that no-one else is typing anything.  Typists .... OUT!

1 minute ago, allani said:

Gutted.  Everyone chatting about who is typing and I'm looking around and realise that no-one else is typing anything.  Typists .... OUT!

Wait… you don’t actually type, do you? Why haven’t you got ChatGPT making posts for you? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Wait… you don’t actually type, do you? Why haven’t you got ChatGPT making posts for you? 

Maybe I have?  Bloody hard to tell these days....

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He will only be relayed upon in case of 2 CB injuries in the space of 2/3 months before Mings is back and fit  

He’ll be fine 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â