Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, allani said:

We are buying much better than Utd or Chelsea.  I think this season will be tough.  But I think in 18 months we'll be a very, very good team / squad.

We are already a very good team. It’s about improving our defensive and midfield steel and conceding fewer goals. I think we’ve bought well so far and hopefully get a few more in in the next 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I totally get it. Felix has always been the 'cherry on the cake' for me. A nice cherry to have, no doubt, but a solid cake needs baking first!

100% this.  Geert makes our team whole.  Felix (potentially) moves us from a very good team to a very, very good team.  We could do well this season and get a great SS next season.  I think without strengthening RB/CB this summer our season becomes a lot harder.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, John said:

Given Bobb's unfortunate injury, perhaps we could give Citeh a ring and ask them whether they fancy a straight swap of Jack for Duran (valued @ £50m for PSR purposes)?;)

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

Liverpool haven’t made a single signing?

If they don’t, I’d be interested to see how they do… the flurry of a transfer window seems to put an emphasis on clubs needing to make signings or they regress. Yet so often clubs could spend £100m+ and gain a spot or two. Others could invest £40m and go up 6/7 spots and others may sell their “best players” and do better the next season. Yet there’s other clubs that do the exact same as all of them and regress, But it rare to see the club that does no business. It be interesting  to see how doing no/transfers really make a difference 

16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If they don’t, I’d be interested to see how they do… the flurry of a transfer window seems to put an emphasis on clubs needing to make signings or they regress. Yet so often clubs could spend £100m+ and gain a spot or two. Others could invest £40m and go up 6/7 spots and others may sell their “best players” and do better the next season. Yet there’s other clubs that do the exact same as all of them and regress, But it rare to see the club that does no business. It be interesting  to see how doing no/transfers really make a difference 

Do you remember how Spurs did when they didn’t sign anyone in that window, under Poch? Was it when they got to a CL semi final or the final?

Can’t remember clearly.

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

We are already a very good team. It’s about improving our defensive and midfield steel and conceding fewer goals. I think we’ve bought well so far and hopefully get a few more in in the next 2 weeks. 

That was kind of my point.  We're already a very good team.  I think in 18 months even if we sign no-one else (which won't happen) we'll be a very, very good team because I think some of the youngsters we have signed are going to be great - Ned, Maatsen, Enzo, hell I am putting Onana in there too & Rogers - maybe even Jaden and SIJ.  It might take them a while to get going but 12 - 18 months working with Unai and his coaching team and (I think / hope) that's a pretty core part of a match day team.  I'm really excited by them all.

16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They tried to sign Zubimendi for big money but it fell through, he rejected them and declared his love for Sociedad. Got to say, I respect players that show such loyalty - the same applies to Williams if he sticks with Bilbao.

Think Liverpool will be active until the deadline, like us. Dominoes need to fall, one deal affects another and so on… all part of a sequence at times. 

We’re all well aware of the panic, frenzy and activity of deadline day too… no one wants to be left short.

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m all for signing Gallagher, Felix and Omorodian. F*ck it. 

Sign them all, win the league by 20 points and swallow the 10 point penalty. 

I love it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Do we think it’s Chalobah and/or Geertruida?

Guys, what do we think. Talk to me. I’m here to hear. 

Carlos goes we bring in one but we would need to move on one of our fullbacks for the other to come in 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Liverpool haven’t made a single signing?

The season preview / predicted table by Phil McNulty on the Beeb site is quite interesting.  Almost all fans seem less than happy with their club's transfer business so far (there are still 2 weeks to go!).  Even most of the fan predictions weren't too delusional (most but not all).

My view for villa to be ready is the following.

RB/CB Geertruida best fits. Chalobah signing would mean Konsa switching across to RB imo.

CB left sided cover for mings until return Loan market could be our route here, no names strong to mind apart from lenglet ill leave that to Monchi.

Attacker/ striker number 10 etc. Felix would be my choice has to be loan with something in place for next season, paying for him this year is a massive NO.

Factoring what we have I could see this club doing great things however if the defence dosnt do the basics and defend we then have to revert to keegan style football of you score 4 we will get 5.UTV

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m all for signing Gallagher, Felix and Omorodian. F*ck it. 

Nedeljkovic, to Geertruida, to Barrenechea, to Omorodian.

say that after a few beers.

I would imagine Geertruida and Chalobah would be an either/or situation rather than both, given that despite being slightly different players they'd essentially offer the same thing of being versatile enough to play either RCB or RB. If it were Carlos and say Moreno out, with one of the aforementioned pair plus another defender in I'd like it to be a left-footed one that could offer the same balance to the team as when Torres is playing. Be that Hermoso on a free or a Lenglet-esque loan move. You'd then have pretty good coverage across all of the defensive positions whilst not being bloated in terms of numbers like elsewhere in the squad is a bit.

• Like 2

In the perfect world. We’d sell Duran, Carlos, Cash, Moreno, Dendonker and Olsen

and we get that elite attacker, CB/RB hybrid, young up and coming GK and loan LCB to cover Ming’s 2 months off  

alas we not in the perfect world… yet 

When those sales get done,  good things will happen

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Given Bobb's unfortunate injury, perhaps we could give Citeh a ring and ask them whether they fancy a straight swap of Jack for Duran (valued @ £50m for PSR purposes)?;)

No thanks. Swapping a player with loads of potential for a continually injured has been would be terrible business. I did note your emoji. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â