Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Chalobah is quite clumbsy so please no and also doesn’t possess that composure we would require 

I think the complete opposite. Chelsea are a team that had better possession stats than Villa last season and were at their best with Chalobah in the team, in part because he's pretty comfortable on the ball and versatile enough to play in different positions. The way he's getting treated by them is pretty pathetic and seems to be influencing perception of him too, most of their fans seem to think he should be starting for them and I tend to think he'd quite quickly establish himself in the team were he to sign for Villa and prove to be a great signing.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I think the complete opposite. Chelsea are a team that had better possession stats than Villa last season and were at their best last season with Chalobah in the team, in part because he's pretty comfortable on the ball and versatile enough to play in different positions. The way he's getting treated by them is pretty pathetic and seems to be influencing perception of him too, most of their fans seem to think he should be starting for them and I tend to think he'd quite quickly establish himself in the team were he to sign for Villa and prove to be a great signing.

Most times i watched him play he didn’t have that control and balance and seemed to look clumsy but you may have watched him a lot more than me in depth… so who would you prefer him or Geetruida ? 

It’s been said before but I’d take Lenglet back on loan for a few months while Mings gets back to fitness. He’s featured in Barcelona’s preseason but I doubt he’ll be part of Flick’s first team plans? He’d be perfect as a stop gap if a deal could be done. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Most times i watched him play he didn’t have that control and balance and seemed to look clumsy but you may have watched him a lot more than me in depth… so who would you prefer him or Geetruida ? 

I haven't watched a lot of Geertruida but I get the impression that they'd offer slightly different things, so I guess it depends how you view it. Chalobah is the more defensively solid option and would be much better suited as cover for Konsa at CB in the Premier League, whereas as much as Chalobah is good in possession Geertruida is another level up from that and would probably have a similar impact on that side of the defence on the ball as Pau did. I'd be pretty happy with either of them though because I think they'd both improve the team.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

a bit like looking at the bloke in the urinal next to you 

This made me chuckle.

It's just human nature that we're never satisfied with what we've got. Unfortunately 'social media' is the equivalent of holding a magnifying glass over the situation you so eloquently mentioned 😀.

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s been said before but I’d take Lenglet back on loan for a few months while Mings gets back to fitness. He’s featured in Barcelona’s preseason but I doubt he’ll be part of Flick’s first team plans? He’d be perfect as a stop gap if a deal could be done. 

I'd imagine Lenglet doesn't want to come to Villa as a stop gap. He will want to be first choice somewhere. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We received £50,000,000 for Diaby and haven't replaced him. I'm not sure what your point is. 

Well we could say we went from Kellyman and Diaby to Maatsan and Philogene with a decent wedge left over for FFP.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He’s off to Atletico, most likely.

Hermoso would be a great pick up for us, free and experienced. Needs convincing, a lot of options available to him.

• Like 1

Not sure tbh. If we were getting Chalobah on loan (with an option), it wouldn't be a bad signing for us IMO given we may need additional cover whilst Mings recovers. I think it's when the fee is around £30-35m that most will agree that's overpaying for what he's shown at Chelsea. But he has talent and playing consistenly may allow him to get to a stage where he commands those figures.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Rather sign nobody and keep Bogarde around instead of bringing in Chalobah.

44 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s been said before but I’d take Lenglet back on loan for a few months while Mings gets back to fitness. 

He knows the club.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Rather sign nobody and keep Bogarde around instead of bringing in Chalobah.

Bogarde has never played a competitive game for a senior team at either of CB or RB so I don't really get the comparison here. It's 0 games there vs around 100 for Chalobah across the Premier League, Ligue 1 and Champions League without even factoring in additional competitions.

• Like 1

Given Bobb's unfortunate injury, perhaps we could give Citeh a ring and ask them whether they fancy a straight swap of Jack for Duran (valued @ £50m for PSR purposes)?;)

49 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s off to Atletico, most likely.

Hermoso would be a great pick up for us, free and experienced. Needs convincing, a lot of options available to him.

Would Hermoso come to Villa knowing he’d not be first choice ahead of Pau? 

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

If we are working on a one in one out policy then I find the Maatsen deal even more baffling when was a position we had options

Er - we'll give you a load of cash you can declare as revenue for Kellyman and in return you give us load of cash we can declare as revenue for Maatsen.  Win.  Win.  Even better no money changes hands for 2 years....

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Reading this thread, the last 10 pages or so, has really put a downer on this season for me.

I hate all the financial shit, I really do.

I mean.. how likely will we be able to put up another 4th spot season, what with United and Chelsea being able to spend loads on players, whilst we achieve the actual goal of entering a highly paid comp, and having to sell players to comply.

Football is wank.

We are buying much better than Utd or Chelsea.  I think this season will be tough.  But I think in 18 months we'll be a very, very good team / squad.

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Would Hermoso come to Villa knowing he’d not be first choice ahead of Pau? 

Might accept a rotational role, can cover at LB in the way Konsa does at RB. Plenty of games to play. CL experience, better than Lenglet.

Looking at last season, our CBs struggled to stay fit, picking up niggles and strains - namely Pau and Carlos. Ezri is as robust as Ollie and McGinn but he did get an unlucky injury against Sheff Utd and we missed him for a few games.

Defence is the area that I am, personally, most concerned about but I think we will see at least one addition there before the window closes.

Not sure Hermoso was undisputed first choice at Atletico either but others will know better than me.

3 minutes ago, allani said:

We are buying much better than Utd or Chelsea.  I think this season will be tough.  But I think in 18 months we'll be a very, very good team / squad.

Liverpool haven’t made a single signing?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â