Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Very difficult to shift relatively older high wage players in PL, the apex of overpriced, overpaid players in football hierarchy

Also an issue with current PSR is that it undervalues how important older players can be. Van Persie for instance I think the total cost was over 60 million and with no sell on possible to recoup fees you almost can't do those deals and be compliant. We've had loads of older key players Dunne, Collins, Sidwell, Petrov in our last positive period with MON.

I do not intend to criticise, the people we have conducting our transfer business. They are amongst the best around.

Its clear, conforming with all the compendium of rules and regulations relating to club finances, is enough to have us running for the Paracetomol.

Having said all that, and being aware of our current situation, I will park my enthusiasm on further team strengthening, until we are in a position to move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Bournemouth spunking €47,000,000 on a striker and Champions League Aston Villa can't do the same.

What a time to be alive.

No we just spunk £85m on a third left back and a forth DM

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, East London Villa said:

Probably because they just received €65,000,000 for their own striker?

It shouldn’t need to be said but it’s true. People shouldn’t be comparing deals with other clubs. 

• Like 1

Not wanting to be interpreted as being miserable as you can be when making this observation, but there's been some great signings (on paper) made by other sides around the league. It's going to be such a crazily competitive season.

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Not wanting to be interpreted as being miserable as you can be when making this observation, but there's been some great signings (on paper) made by other sides around the league. It's going to be such a crazily competitive season.

Happens every season. All clubs make great signings on paper. The season says different… every time 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Football isn’t played on paper though. 

There’s plenty of time to get more names in after we reduce the squad size. I am confident we will put in a good performance on Saturday. I maintain that I think Onana is going to be one of the signings of the season once he gets settled under Unai’s tutelage. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indigo said:

It always is outside of the very top and very bottom. It’s the richest league in the world by a mile. 

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Happens every season. All clubs make great signings on paper. The season says different… every time 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Football isn’t played on paper though. 

Some will work and some won't, obviously. Plus there will be injuries and whatever other additional context, the salient point was just that it's shaping up very interestingly. From clubs expected to be in the mix for 4th to general mid-table there's heaps of impressive teams, individual players and coaches, can see the league being fun but an absolute mess to call at times.

21 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

Probably because they just received €65,000,000 for their own striker? If we sold Watkins we could probably afford to replace him too...

We received £50,000,000 for Diaby and haven't replaced him. I'm not sure what your point is. 

Just now, Indigo said:

Some will work and some won't, obviously. Plus there will be injuries and whatever other additional context, the salient point was just that it's shaping up very interestingly. From clubs expected to be in the mix for 4th to general mid-table there's heaps of impressive teams, individual players and coaches, can see the league being fun but an absolute mess to call at times.

Oh fully agree, I’m just hopeful we don’t have the same injury problems as last season. I think we will be competitive enough for the top 4/5 chase. The league will be very tight between 6/8 and we might see a similar gap between 9th place. West Ham finished 8 points off of United last year. The top 3 is ridiculously hard to break. I’m not sure how the promoted teams will fair because every year the gaps get bigger. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We received £50,000,000 for Diaby and haven't replaced him. I'm not sure what your point is. 

We also spent £50,000,000 on Onana. My point is it isn't rocket science, everyone can spend money if they balance the books.

2 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

We also spent £50,000,000 on Onana. My point is it isn't rocket science, everyone can spend money if they balance the books.

Who we were able to buy with the money from Kellyman and Luiz.

Let's leave this wonderful circle here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Well, they won’t be signing Archer then. A loan it is then. Have also seen that Southampton have been interested in Cam.

annoyingly good signing for them for basically the same money we're asking for duran

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It shouldn’t need to be said but it’s true. People shouldn’t be comparing deals with other clubs. 

a bit like looking at the bloke in the urinal next to you 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â