Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I reckon this was only an inquiry in the event Duran left.

It was his agent fishing for a new deal. Same journalist who broke the story. Nothing in it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate but this is just as hypocritical as what ppl labelled as " happy clappers " do.

It's either everyone can have an opinion or they can't.

The best we can do is go by the evidence of Unais tenure with us so far, and his record as a Manager, both of those things factually speak for themselves.

The rest of it, regardless of the side it falls on, is just personal opinion and nothing more.

So we can argue amongst ourselves as much as we want but currently the only fixed data are the facts until further notice 

The thing on this that confuses me shaun is, when someone comments on a game, and someone else counters those comments by quoting the season or Unai’s tenure.

When a game is being commented on, that does not necessarily represent the commenters thoughts on a broader basis…..but some seem to assume it does.

as an example is to criticise a loss, but still be happy with the season overall….that to me is perfectly acceptable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

The thing on this that confuses me shaun is, when someone comments on a game, and someone else counters those comments by quoting the season or Unai’s tenure.

When a game is being commented on, that does not necessarily represent the commenters thoughts on a broader basis…..but some seem to assume it does.

as an example is to criticise a loss, but still be happy with the season overall….that to me is perfectly acceptable.

Just as I don't take Paul not capitalising the S in my name personally 👀😉😂

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just as I don't take Paul not capitalising the S in my name personally 👀😉😂

Sorry Shaun, just lazy writing on my IPad…..apologies

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

What games? No one’s been talking about games but signings or transfer business… some concerns about preseason performances but that’s not being discussed here. We are in the off season.

Some people are worried or stressed about signings or a perceived lack of them, whether the transfers have been poor or not etc.

That’s ok when it’s fairly calm or reasonable and not definitive, final or completely defeatist (window isn’t closed, business is not over).

What some find strange or unusual (even repetitive and annoying) is the constant fear and negativity, that we are going to be left behind and surpassed, that we will regress and fail, that the only way is down or backwards, that we will suddenly become a poor team that slides down the table, that Unai and co aswell as the owners will give up or pack it in etc etc. it’s the relentless, repetitive and exaggerated scenarios that some keep bringing up.

Did you not see all of the panic and complaining over our race for 4th and CL? Posters being super defeatist, moaning and crying, scared of other teams… yet we managed to do it?

If you look at social media, there are fans that are hurling abuse at people like Monchi and trying to direct it to their accounts. So stupid 😆

Short comments like “shite window” aren’t exactly useful, insightful or expressive are they? 😆

We can’t speak for anyone and force anyone to change but… many of us believe that some (not total or complete) faith, trust, belief and most of all patience and understanding (especially of the rules and limitations set by things like PSR, of which much was revealed by the club yesterday. Don’t think anyone at the club now deserves anger or major criticism for that, they aren’t to blame) is warranted or deserved.

After all we have achieved in the last two seasons, during Unai’s reign and now heading into a CL campaign… is it too much to expect or ask for some general enthusiasm and even positivity… and, yes, some faith that the club is going and working well, that we have credible and capable people in charge (at least on the football side)?

We’ve seen and tolerated a lot of crap over the years… the good times are finally here or back now. So… some of us are a bit taken aback and surprised by the level and scale of negativity and frustration by some fans, it’s unexpected.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

''Still not advanced, club to club, so still early stages club to club, because it's important to understand what happens with Diego Carlos.”

That is a solid bit of journalism. 

• Haha 3

Can the Carlos deal be done already so we can get Geertruida in quickly at least we can have further defensive options for Arsenal then again he wouldn’t start and probably come on as a sub late on

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What games? No one’s been talking about games but signings or transfer business… some concerns about preseason performances but that’s not being discussed here. We are in the off season.

Some people are worried or stressed about signings or a perceived lack of them, whether the transfers have been poor or not etc.

That’s ok when it’s fairly calm or reasonable and not definitive, final or completely defeatist (window isn’t closed, business is not over).

What some find strange or unusual (even repetitive and annoying) is the constant fear and negativity, that we are going to be left behind and surpassed, that we will regress and fail, that the only way is down or backwards, that we will suddenly become a poor team that slides down the table, that Unai and co aswell as the owners will give up or pack it in etc etc. it’s the relentless, repetitive and exaggerated scenarios that some keep bringing up.

Did you not see all of the panic and complaining over our race for 4th and CL? Posters being super defeatist, moaning and crying, scared of other teams… yet we managed to do it?

If you look at social media, there are fans that are hurling abuse at people like Monchi and trying to direct it to their accounts. So stupid 😆

Short comments like “shite window” aren’t exactly useful, insightful or expressive are they? 😆

We can’t speak for anyone and force anyone to change but… many of us believe that some (not total or complete) faith, trust, belief and most of all patience and understanding (especially of the rules and limitations set by things like PSR, of which much was revealed by the club yesterday. Don’t think anyone at the club now deserves anger or major criticism for that, they aren’t to blame) is warranted or deserved.

After all we have achieved in the last two seasons, during Unai’s reign and now heading into a CL campaign… is it too much to expect or ask for some general enthusiasm and even positivity… and, yes, some faith that the club is going and working well, that we have credible and capable people in charge (at least on the football side)?

We’ve seen and tolerated a lot of crap over the years… the good times are finally here or back now. So… some of us are a bit taken aback and surprised by the level and scale of negativity and frustration by some fans, it’s unexpected.

Jas…I was merely referencing JV’s comment on opinions…and giving an alternative example.

I am not as worldly aware of the broader media, comments, so I can only take your word for it.

Personally, I am happy with the business we have done, but some of it might not be an immediate return.Some of the younger players may take time to assimilate with Unai’s  philosophy.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Well, they won’t be signing Archer then. A loan it is then. Have also seen that Southampton have been interested in Cam.

Bournemouth fans are gonna be pissed when they realise they have paid 47m for Casemiro. 

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Can the Carlos deal be done already so we can get Geertruida in quickly at least we can have further defensive options for Arsenal then again he wouldn’t start and probably come on as a sub late on

But sadly, we are not in control…that’s an observation, not a criticism.

we are relying on an other club buying our players, so until we are in control, that would be the time to get interested.

that’s how it seems to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Jas…I was merely referencing JV’s comment on opinions…and giving an alternative example.

I am not as worldly aware of the broader media, comments, so I can only take your word for it.

Personally, I am happy with the business we have done, but some of it might not be an immediate return.Some of the younger players may take time to assimilate with Unai’s  philosophy.

No probs, I was just trying to explain. I don’t think there’s as much positivity (nor is it exaggerated or unreasonable) as you may possibly suggest and a lot more negativity than you are possibly aware of.

When the games begin, performances will be analysed and criticised accordingly too.

But, I maintain, it is important to look at the bigger picture and have some appreciation and understanding.

I’m expecting more business to be done (this was also intimated during the interviews yesterday) but it’s not going to be as easy as we would like… we are restricted and much depends on sales. We need genuine interest and willing buyers. 

Can we not just do a Chelsea and sign all our targets to get it over with, then worry about the selling after 🙄

Also at worst, couldn't we just move on who couldn't be moved in January, or does that affect accounts differently

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

But sadly, we are not in control…that’s an observation, not a criticism.

we are relying on an other club buying our players, so until we are in control, that would be the time to get interested.

that’s how it seems to me.

Very difficult to shift relatively older high wage players in PL, the apex of overpriced, overpaid players in football hierarchy

14 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Who will buy him? Seems Fulham moved on to Anderson from Palace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can we not just do a Chelsea and sign all our targets to get it over with, then worry about the selling after 🙄

Also at worst, couldn't we just move on who couldn't be moved in January, or does that affect accounts differently

spacer.png

Just now, CVByrne said:

Who will buy him? Seems Fulham moved on to Anderson from Palace.

They are way of Palace's valuation for Andersen, so unless the up their bid significantly  then can;t see it happening.  Also, isn't Guehi supposed to be joining Newcastle?  Would be suicide to sell both starting CBs in same window?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â