Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Reading this thread, the last 10 pages or so, has really put a downer on this season for me.

I hate all the financial shit, I really do.

I mean.. how likely will we be able to put up another 4th spot season, what with United and Chelsea being able to spend loads on players, whilst we achieve the actual goal of entering a highly paid comp, and having to sell players to comply.

Football is wank.

Just think though, we've got Unai and they've got Ten Hag and Maresca.  Ten Hag just buys players he worked with at Ajax and Chelsea are utter bampots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Kamara is highest on £160k 

like that's definetly not true, you're just getting that from the bs websites that you can find on google

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Exactly right. 

Yes this seems to show that there is more to our recruitment. I am sure that Unai and Monchi are working to a plan which keeps prices low.

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Reading this thread, the last 10 pages or so, has really put a downer on this season for me.

I hate all the financial shit, I really do.

I mean.. how likely will we be able to put up another 4th spot season, what with United and Chelsea being able to spend loads on players, whilst we achieve the actual goal of entering a highly paid comp, and having to sell players to comply.

Football is wank.

Realistically we maximised last season to finish 4th. All the underlying data showed there wasn't much in it between the teams around us, aside from Man United who's underlying data suggested they should have been lower in the table. We could play just as well this season and finish 6th. 

I feel like we will likely be 6th or 7th this season and that feeling has nothing to do with a lack of optimism around Villa, simply that you could throw a blanket over us, Newcastle, Spurs, United, Chelsea, except we've got champions league to deal with whereas they either have lesser European competitions or nothing at all. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Chelsea PSR reach around

Chelsea were desperate and we could have got a player we might have needed. Colwill for example would have had similar PSR value for them

Yeah we could finish 7th or 8th even and have played good football throughout. We've got the demands of an expanded CL. We need and I trust will get another couple of players in eventually even if its late on. Outside City or Arsenal at the moment I think lots of clubs may be one year in the CL one year out. Us included.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

If we are working on a one in one out policy then I find the Maatsen deal even more baffling when was a position we had options

I assume they were working on the assumption either Moreno or Digne would be leaving, which will still probably be the case before the window closes.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea were desperate and we could have got a player we might have needed. Colwill for example would have had similar PSR value for them

We were equally as desperate, maybe more so as we’d no hotels to sell to ourselves. For all we know we inquired about other players but they weren’t interested.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it weird that as it stands I want us to sign Geertruda more than Felix?

Even if i could only choose one.

No. I don't get the Felix hype

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just feel he'd be more transformational and necessary.

Whilst Felix et al is more luxury.

I totally get it. Felix has always been the 'cherry on the cake' for me. A nice cherry to have, no doubt, but a solid cake needs baking first!

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Yeah we could finish 7th or 8th even and have played good football throughout. We've got the demands of an expanded CL. We need and I trust will get another couple of players in eventually even if its late on. Outside City or Arsenal at the moment I think lots of clubs may be one year in the CL one year out. Us included.

I think we will do well to get 6th

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just feel he'd be more transformational and necessary.

Whilst Felix et al is more luxury.

I feel the same, I’d choose a centre back over him too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

like that's definetly not true, you're just getting that from the bs websites that you can find on google

I'd be shocked if he (and/or Youri) isn't the highest earner(s) in the squad -- considering they were both signed on free transfers. 

7 hours ago, zak said:

They'll have to rid some. Trevoh Chalobah loan?

I think that would be quite a shrewd pickup -- though I might prefer a younger CB if it's a permanent. From what I've seen, a lot of Chelsea fans believe he's their best CB. 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

If we are working on a one in one out policy then I find the Maatsen deal even more baffling when was a position we had options

well both our options are the wrong side of 30 and Moreno was plagued with injury issues last year. Don't think it was too far fetched for a one in-one out policy

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Kamara is highest on £160k 

This is why I believe that if he hadn't done his ACL, he would be the one who would've been sold for 60m +

16 hours ago, sne said:

Define "can make it". I expect us to be mid table around the new year and then hopefully start climbing and I'm totally fine with that all things considered. Where do you see us during the first half of the season?

Much the same as you.

Would be chuffed to be top 6 and within touching distance of 4th after halfway. I would take no silverware and early exit from CL to get top 4 and CL again purely for the continued upward trajectory and financial advantages therein.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Archer out on loan--does that enable us to bring in another or does it have to be a sale? 🤔

I think it does, as I think it is squad places that would be the main restriction at this point, and wages a bit I suppose.

• Like 2

Kamara is contracted til the end of 2027, I don't think we would've sold him willingly over Luiz unless he wanted out..

I was a huge Dougie fan but I always thought his best football came about because of Kamara....

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â