Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If we are working on a one in one out policy then I find the Maatsen deal even more baffling when was a position we had options

It’s a squad game. He can play across the line. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think a thing to keep in mind given that the restrictions exist not only for the remainder of this window but presumably for the following two windows, is that the JJ transfer rumours will start to reach a crescendo as he will be our next most bankable player. 

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If we are working on a one in one out policy then I find the Maatsen deal even more baffling when was a position we had options

Same as the 2 juve guys, we had to do the kellyman deal for psr, as part of th wheeling and dealing Chelsea have us a list of players to involve, maatsen was the pick of the bunch and solves next summers LB problem 

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The other two left backs are both getting on a bit. I guess sometimes you have to strike when the opportunity presents itself rather than waiting another season and perhaps missing out on the deal?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I think a thing to keep in mind given that the restrictions exist not only for the remainder of this window but presumably for the following two windows, is that the JJ transfer rumours will start to reach a crescendo as he will be our next most bankable player. 

Or if Rogers has a great season he’ll be worth £50-£60 mill plus and as he only cost £8mill that’s a £40-50mill profit … Chelsea will come calling as they’ll need another forward player next summer and we will have to sell to stave off sanctions whilst they spend another couple of hundred million having sold another trench of academy players for gross profit and we will be forced back into our place by rules which penalise us yet reward teams who’ve had the advantage to grow without restrictions. 

luckily we have the second best manager in the league and have no doubt have a succession plan in play for every player within our squad so not too worried nor rattled like some what others are doing but it’s just gunna be that lil bit harder which makes it all the more sweeter 

Edited by thabucks

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Or if Rogers has a great season he’ll be worth £50-£60 mill plus and as he only cost £8mill that’s a £40-50mill profit … Chelsea will come calling as they’ll need another forward player next summer and we will have to sell to stave off sanctions whilst they spend another couple of hundred million having sold another trench of academy players for gross profit and we will be forced back into our place by rules which penalise us yet reward teams who’ve had the advantage to grow without restrictions. 

luckily we have the second best manager in the league and have no doubt have a succession plan in play for every player within our squad so not too worried nor rattled like some what others are doing but it’s just gunna be that lil bit harder which makes it all the more sweeter 

Yeah it’s just something for everyone to keep in mind. Similar to how some folks were convinced Luiz was going to stay despite all signs point to him being the most likely player to be sold. 

We even had a surprise sell with Diaby too. 

JJ and Rogers and to a lesser extent Cash and Emi B (if he recovers) are potential players to leave next summer so enjoy them but don’t get too attached. 

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

No 100k was what was reported at the time. Think it's Coutinho on 135k and Digne on 120k are the two highest earners. I imagine Watkins is up there in same bracket now though 

Kamara is highest on £160k 

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:
7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

No 100k was what was reported at the time. Think it's Coutinho on 135k and Digne on 120k are the two highest earners. I imagine Watkins is up there in same bracket now though 

Kamara is highest on £160k 

Youri joint highest paid as well with Kamara, both on £150k per week.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think thry thought Moreno was off when they signed Maatsen too, he was pictured with a guy from Betis around the same time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wasn’t he connected to the Kellyman PSR transaction? Not saying we didn’t want him, he’s excellent but those deals were v close together and solved some problems for both of I think. 
But yes, still mad to have 3 senior left backs. 

Edited by WallisFrizz

When the opportunity arrives it arrives. I think you can read this as they love the player.

Chelsea PSR reach around

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â