Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Anyone watched mcginns interview on TalkSPORT? Interesting that he made it very clear that we are financially restricted to update the squad both this year and next season. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I think that’s the stance Chelsea are going for, spend spend spend for a few years, take the hit and then at the end of it you’ve still got a squad worth £1billion

quadrillion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think that’s the stance Chelsea are going for, spend spend spend for a few years, take the hit and then at the end of it you’ve still got a squad worth £1billion

What do they do if they get a transfer ban and some of their million players turn out to be shit?  Or don't fit they system their 3rd manager of the season plays?

21 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Mate me and you have got a better chance than featuring this season than Hause or maybe just you 🤣 i would say Digne or Moreno will be involved quite alot, plenty games and id back them to start at least 40% of matches played.

Haha, I was trying to be kind but yeah Hause won’t feature.

I think with Maatsen arriving, I would be shocked if one of Moreno or Digne don’t leave. We don’t need three left backs. I am guessing Moreno is the most likely to leave of the two, as it was rumoured he wanted to go back to Spain and Digne was excellent last season.

48 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s why it will never be agreed. 

it’s not a perfect idea for all parties, but there isn’t one out there 

Maybe the only way to end all these restrictions is through the courts, on account of it being anti-competitive.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, grobs said:

Anyone watched mcginns interview on TalkSPORT? Interesting that he made it very clear that we are financially restricted to update the squad both this year and next season. 

mcginn said that?

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We are at least (for the moment) remaining the class act in the league on this and not just inventing companies that mysteriously want to sponsor us for £40m a year.

Wait until we are sponsored by Adudas next season 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

What about selling the training ground to ourselves once the hotels inside are built? 

I think we sold the training ground to ourselves already? But the Hotels may be fair game after Chelsea did the same thing.

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think we sold the training ground to ourselves already? But the Hotels may be fair game after Chelsea did the same thing.

Nope bodymoor is owned by the club

31 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

mcginn said that?

He’s a bit vague, I don’t think deliberately, I just don’t think he knows exactly. Says something like “we can’t spend big this season or next or whatever, I don’t know the rules”. I wouldn’t take it as fact.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We sold Villa Park to ourselves, but not the training ground. 

We did receive a chunk of money from the Government for HS2 going through a corner of Bodymoor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, grobs said:

He said that the context of how intense and determined Unai is when things go against you (this being PSR) before adding: “It would be easy for us to spend all the money in the world but we can’t do that this year or next year. Ummm. I don’t understand the rules. But you know what I mean.” 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He said that the context of how intense and determined Unai is when things go against you (this being PSR) before adding: “It would be easy for us to spend all the money in the world but we can’t do that this year or next year. Ummm. I don’t understand the rules. But you know what I mean.” 

so he said it, then realised he probably shouldnt have, and rolled back to "i dont understand the rules".

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so he said it, then realised he probably shouldnt have, and rolled back to "i dont understand the rules".

He was clearly understanding that there are limitations on PSR but was also realistic. Nobody expected us to go on a spending spree either. The real comments are from Vidagany. The players aren’t blind to the issues either and McGinn didn’t put his foot in it either. It was a very reasonable answer whilst recognising the circumstances. We aren’t Chelsea. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

What do they do if they get a transfer ban and some of their million players turn out to be shit?  Or don't fit the system their 3rd manager of the season plays?

I think they’ve got 43 players or something crazy! But yeah, there’s the outside chance that it doesn’t work, but same could be said of us or any team… they’d just have to wait a few years and then crack on and spend another billion. 

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think they’ve got 43 players or something crazy! But yeah, there’s the outside chance that it doesn’t work, but same could be said of us or any team… they’d just have to wait a few years and then crack on and spend another billion. 

They'll have to rid some. Trevoh Chalobah loan?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â