Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Talk of Chelsea facing a 3/4 year transfer ban and why they have gone crazy in the market beforehand.…

Just a mess and so corrupt. Preferential treatment and recklessness.

a three year ban would do them a favour!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

but sadly, that's a system of envy.

We have to incentivise, those that strive, drive and pursue, betterment.....without penalising those in the time capsule, who want to catch them.

Everyone deserves a chance, but those out in front, are there for a reason, and providing they have got there on sound ground and not cheating, they should be applauded.

We cannot de-incentivise progress...just to create, what appears to be a levelling up process, using restrictive rules.

That’s why it will never be agreed. 

it’s not a perfect idea for all parties, but there isn’t one out there 

Donk and Hause are the most unlikely to feature for us imo. Moreno might see a few minutes as a sub but if Digne is going to be the one of the Left Backs that stays we coud really do with freeing up the 150k odd of wages between the three of them. And one of Archer or Duran could leave and we wouldn't even be selling off people in the second XI with those 4 potential exits. Perhaps Olsen could leave and we promote Zych/Gauci? (though I don't think he will personally). Add to them a few loans for the younger players - Sousa, Swinkels, Smith, Richards, perhaps Bogarde or Iling Jr and one or more of the back-up keepers - Wright, Zych, Gauci etc.

Anyone else leaves and it's needing a replacement time imo. Cash, Carlos, the other one from Duran or Archer,

I'm definitely in the 'would like to see cover for Mings/further injuries at CB' camp too, whether that be by loan until the new year or signing a Hermoso or similar. Always been a fan of Bogarde but not confident about going into the season with him as 4th choice available CB.

Nothing wrong with Sousa getting a loan in L1 either. Just important that they play regular games. Hopefully Louie Barry's dropping down to L2 after a few L1 loans will end up benefitting every party in the long run. As others have said, players, like people, develop and mature at different rates/times.

41 minutes ago, RicRic said:

In no world can i see JPB being anywhere near as good as Diaby was for us … and i always rated JPB but maybe not so much for our level currently..Diaby was no world beater either but JPB will not be reaching those heights… at least for this season 

And most sensible people do not expect him too.

You are still bogged down with individuals rather than the collective 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Fans need to understand this. We don’t have the freedom we would like. It’s not the club’s or current regime’s fault so why direct anger and negativity at them? We are doing all we can… window is not over.

I understand this, I agree with what they have done with the exception of the midfield signings.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Spurs looking at £20m annually for the naming rights to their stadium. That's they type we are competing against. Would be great if we could get some money in to use for transfers and salaries going forward. Villa Park is always going to be Villa Park not matter if it has Fortress or Comcast or whatever added to the name.

I'd be fine with calling it "Fortress Villa Park" even if the memes upon a loss would be extra frustrating 😅

Though we'd struggle to get Spurs level investment, the non-Spurs events they have there (NFL, F1 Go Karting etc) not only bring in revenue themselves, but also add to the value of the naming rights.

If we get £10m a season but the stadium is Comcast Park, it becomes a tougher sell, the value is that of Iroegbunam per year but the cost of losing part of the fabric of the club in a sense will turn many fans off. It'd be easier in a new stadium (Like Spurs have done) as the step forward in capacity, quality etc comes and that stadium is always known as Whatever Arena.

Spurs and West Ham show two sides of the same coin though if not don't properly

• Like 1

Digne last season was excellent for us and I’d rather keep him to rotate with Maatsen, also offers a different style and better defensively than Moreno… Carlos we can move on which btw needs to happen fast so we can bring in Geertruida or whoever it may be.

My guess is Archer will be sold and maybe Duran…we need to bring in a new attacker to add to what Watkins,Rogers,Bailey can already bring. 

The rest we can juggle around i suppose 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s why it will never be agreed. 

it’s not a perfect idea for all parties, but there isn’t one out there 

it's not the idea being imperfect, it's the views of all parties, have varying criteria on their agenda.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Talk of Chelsea facing a 3/4 year transfer ban and why they have gone crazy in the market beforehand.…

This is something I was thinking about for Newcastle - would a club consider taking the big punishment in order to make a leap forward, so for example, Newcastle spending £2bn in a single window, getting relegated as a result of the PSR breach but putting the players they've bought on six year deals that mean when they bounce back they're much stronger than they were pre-punishment?

For us, dependent on the punishments, do we decide one year to take the ten point hit as part of a two-year development plan?

I can see deliberate breaches PSR as it stands becoming a standard way for teams to plan - a PSR year with a 10 point deduction but heavy spending, followed by a year of more success. 

Is that possible?

5 hours ago, NeilS said:

Yeah if you think about it, we have a lot of players still who are unlikely to play a big role this season. Players like Hause, Dendonker, and one of Moreno or Digne (probably Moreno) will be bit part players this season. I suspect those three alone are probably over £10m per year in wages.

Also, then if you are wanting to buy new/better players for the position like Geertrudia then Carlos will need to leave, and either Duran or Archer will need to go if we buy a Felix or Baena or another forward. We cannot do a Chelsea and keep adding as we don't have the revenue streams that they do at the moment.

Mate me and you have got a better chance than featuring this season than Hause or maybe just you 🤣 i would say Digne or Moreno will be involved quite alot, plenty games and id back them to start at least 40% of matches played.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, macandally said:

And most sensible people do not expect him too.

You are still bogged down with individuals rather than the collective 

Well there aren’t as many sensible people as you may think, im someone who has a realistic pov and i have seen some say he replaces Diaby thats all im saying

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd be fine with calling it "Fortress Villa Park" even if the memes upon a loss would be extra frustrating 😅

Though we'd struggle to get Spurs level investment, the non-Spurs events they have there (NFL, F1 Go Karting etc) not only bring in revenue themselves, but also add to the value of the naming rights.

If we get £10m a season but the stadium is Comcast Park, it becomes a tougher sell, the value is that of Iroegbunam per year but the cost of losing part of the fabric of the club in a sense will turn many fans off. It'd be easier in a new stadium (Like Spurs have done) as the step forward in capacity, quality etc comes and that stadium is always known as Whatever Arena.

Spurs and West Ham show two sides of the same coin though if not don't properly

Yeah we're only ever going to get a fraction of what Spurs will. Villa Park is never going to earn us big money, it's just not big enough, modern enough or touristy enough.

People would still call "Comcast Park" Villa Park. Signal Iduna Park is still Westfalenstadion. 

Getting off topic here but again it would be nice if we could find even more ways to earn money so that we could keep the players we want and sign new ones to improve us going forward.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Worth noting that Spurs have been looking for that £20m a year naming partner since their stadium opened in 2019.

It's still called Spurs stadium.

Yup, the deal with Google was supposed to be a done deal 2 years ago... Maybe that monopoly lawsuit has altered their focus on where to spend money.

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is something I was thinking about for Newcastle - would a club consider taking the big punishment in order to make a leap forward, so for example, Newcastle spending £2bn in a single window, getting relegated as a result of the PSR breach but putting the players they've bought on six year deals that mean when they bounce back they're much stronger than they were pre-punishment?

For us, dependent on the punishments, do we decide one year to take the ten point hit as part of a two-year development plan?

I can see deliberate breaches PSR as it stands becoming a standard way for teams to plan - a PSR year with a 10 point deduction but heavy spending, followed by a year of more success. 

Is that possible?

I get your reasoning, but I think a hit like that, can do more widespread damage, than the initial hit suggests....It can cause collateral damage right through the club.

We have seen over the years where 1 player leaving can have such a profound effect on the team i.e Gareth Barry, as just one example......Or Dwight Yorke.

I wouldn't want to see our club, get any points deductions....I think it also questions the legitimacy of the management team, to manage....it would also accelerate the Feel-Bad factor, (if there is such a term) that has an impact on sponsors and investors.

Edited by TRO

Anyone remember how Wojciech Szczęsny is with the ball at his feet? Leaving Juve on a free. Wonder if he'd be willing to come here and be #2 to Emi. Linked to Saudi thou.

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is that possible?

I think that’s the stance Chelsea are going for, spend spend spend for a few years, take the hit and then at the end of it you’ve still got a squad worth £1billion

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â