Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

19 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ramsey is the one that, sadly, makes the most sense from a PSR perspective.

EDIT - Would selling Kamara be good for PSR?

Yeah he's pure profit as was on a Free. I'd hate to sell him though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Imperative we sell Matty cash, Digne/Moreno, Hause, Carlos, the donk and Archer as they offer us very little now. I reckon NSWE lawyers are prepping a legal challenge for restriction of trade. 

Seen this type of post all over the site recently and noted Vidagany’s comments. That being said, Villa sales must have mostly covered recent buys so there should be plenty of room to manoeuvre when you also factor increased revenue from CL.

I honestly feel Villa are playing this the right way constantly quoting FFP so not having their nickers taken down in any ongoing negotiations. Think what prices would be quoted if Villa issued a statement saying FFP was no longer an issue!

Monchi has already stated Villa will be busy right up to the last day of the window. Only difficulty stated by him is improving an already good squad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Seen this type of post all over the site recently and noted Vidagany’s comments. That being said, Villa sales must have mostly covered recent buys so there should be plenty of room to manoeuvre when you also factor increased revenue from CL.

I honestly feel Villa are playing this the right way constantly quoting FFP so not having their nickers taken down in any ongoing negotiations. Think what prices would be quoted if Villa issued a statement saying FFP was no longer an issue!

Monchi has already stated Villa will be busy right up to the last day of the window. Only difficulty stated by him is improving an already good squad.

It’s the UEFA squad cost ratio I think we are gunna struggle with - that’s why we need to clear as much as we can off the wage bill. Fees can be amortised but it’s Donks £90k pw - Olsens £50k Carlos’ £100k - that’s £12mill alone in wages for players who don’t offer value to the squad.

Then you have Matty Cash on £70k + Moreno £35k + that’s another £5mill per year in dead wages. Or keep moreno as he’s on a low salary compared to Dignes £6mill per year. Archer will be on a low wage but still would sell for his career sake as much as the money he’d bring. So removing Donk, Carlos, Cash, Digne removes £20mill off the wage bill that’s the crux of it for me.

Out of that list only Carlos needs replacing with Geertruida able to cover both him and he’d command a whole lot less that the £170k pw in wages they command. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Ite incredible how getting into the champions league has meant we have had to sell a key player rather than improve the first team squad. Literally defeats the object of the whole thing.

What a farce.

You honestly believe this, like really? I’ve read what has been said but the numbers just don’t add up. If Villa were really that desperate to meet FFP and Luiz was such a key player why didn’t they sell Duran to West Ham or indeed McGinn to whoever?

Fact remains that Villa were being outmuscled and overpowered in certain games. Emery was constantly seen barracking Luiz from the touch line. Furthermore, Emery stated after the Palace game that he was impressed by the power of Palace.

Hence why Villa have targeted more physically athletic players this window to stop Villa being overrun again and they’re still doing it with more recent links.

Luiz was sold because he was the most replaceable asset to sell and not due to FFP.

Its a smokescreen to placate fans while Emery builds his own team!

• Haha 2

So this year we have SCR as well as PSR. SCR is wages to revenue ratio. The season after next PSR is being scrapped and SCR will apply to the premier league too. Diaby was on more than 150k per week. 

This means the highest earners going forward will be under scrutiny. If their performance levels don't match their wages, they will have to be sold.

This is why the club would much rather sell Digne than Moreno.

It's why Carlos needs to be sold in order to bring in Geertruida.

If we can sell Carlos, Digne and Donk, that gives us a lot of play financially.

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s the UEFA squad cost ratio I think we are gunna struggle with - that’s why we need to clear as much as we can off the wage bill. Fees can be amortised but it’s Donks £90k pw - Olsens £50k Carlos’ £100k - that’s £12mill alone in wages for players who don’t offer value to the squad.

Then you have Matty Cash on £70k + Moreno £35k + that’s another £5mill per year in dead wages. Or keep moreno as he’s on a low salary compared to Dignes £6mill per year. Archer will be on a low wage but still would sell for his career sake as much as the money he’d bring. So removing Donk, Carlos, Cash, Digne removes £20mill off the wage bill that’s the crux of it for me.

Out of that list only Carlos needs replacing with Geertruida able to cover both him and he’d command a whole lot less that the £170k pw in wages they command. 

I thought Carlos was on 125k?

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

It's players wages AND amortisation. 

So Digne, Carlos, Coutinho, Dendonker are all expensive when you look at their total contribution in terms of the squad cost. 

Numerator is wages + amortisation 

Denominator is Revenue + pro rata profit on players sales (last three years/3). 

So Diaby sale lowered the Numerator and increased the denominator this being very good for squad cost.

However lowering wages doesn't help as much with PSR as it's backwards looking. Only the profit can help much with that. 

• Thanks 1

bottom line for me is that the powers that be failed to put any sort of a cap/ limit on player wages and transfers and as a result the entire sport and fanbase is struggling to find a way to sustain it.it is a completely unhinged model for top teams to have 30+ individual millionaires in their squad year on year. 

not to be too much of an old man shouting at the clouds but there is no need for the salaries involved in football. they could universally be reduced by a factor of 10 and players could still make a healthy living from the game. why are we indulging in the notion of creating generational wealth for a select few - to the detriment of the game as a whole and the fanbase which sustain it

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I thought Carlos was on 125k?

No 100k was what was reported at the time. Think it's Coutinho on 135k and Digne on 120k are the two highest earners. I imagine Watkins is up there in same bracket now though 

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Our best route to success next summer is a training ground sponsor, new sponsors for the stadium, new partnerships, better sleeve sponsors, anything we can do to put an extra £80-100m on our revenues.

Yeah sorry but the club are going to have to make some major moves as you say above.

Undoubtedly some fans will moan about things like naming rights but its for the greater good.

We need to find a strong and fitting naming rights partners for the likes of VP.

We can't allow the "system" to force us back into mediocrity or below.

Either this, as the affected clubs need to come together and take a proper stand to challenging the rules and forcing a revamp.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I suspect Kamara was expected to be sold until his injury, and I imagine everyone involved knew it.

Really? He's up in the 'not interested in a discussion' level of Martinez and Watkins for me.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

The crucial narrative here is....when you have to sell academy players to satisfy the rules, the system is broken, it destroys the spirit of the industry.

I feel for these guys...I wouldn't want the stress of it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's players wages AND amortisation. 

So Digne, Carlos, Coutinho, Dendonker are all expensive when you look at their total contribution in terms of the squad cost. 

Numerator is wages + amortisation 

Denominator is Revenue + pro rata profit on players sales (last three years/3). 

So Diaby sale lowered the Numerator and increased the denominator this being very good for squad cost.

However lowering wages doesn't help as much with PSR as it's backwards looking. Only the profit can help much with that. 

I get that but only Cash would bring in  profit out of the players listed so surely as long as we break even minimum on Carlos, Digne The Donk then we’d still be better off financially surely as there’s no book profit likely in selling any of those but we are rid of the amortised costs for them and crucially wages. 

If I had my way to solving PSR, I’d have a performance related budget cap. If you won the league last season, your budget is the smallest and if you’re newly promoted, yours is the biggest, everyone else falls inbetween based upon league position.

but that wouldn’t be agreed on  

Edited by CarryOnVilla

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I get that but only Cash would bring in  profit out of the players listed so surely as long as we break even minimum on Carlos, Digne The Donk then we’d still be better off financially surely as there’s no book profit likely in selling any of those but we are rid of the amortised costs for them and crucially wages. 

My only concern here, as much as many things in todays life....we could lose sight of the main objective...The Football, and the business of keeping your best players.

We seem to get ourselves, so wrapped up in complexities and rules today....We fail to see the woods, for the trees.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, striker said:

You honestly believe this, like really? I’ve read what has been said but the numbers just don’t add up. If Villa were really that desperate to meet FFP and Luiz was such a key player why didn’t they sell Duran to West Ham or indeed McGinn to whoever?

Fact remains that Villa were being outmuscled and overpowered in certain games. Emery was constantly seen barracking Luiz from the touch line. Furthermore, Emery stated after the Palace game that he was impressed by the power of Palace.

Hence why Villa have targeted more physically athletic players this window to stop Villa being overrun again and they’re still doing it with more recent links.

Luiz was sold because he was the most replaceable asset to sell and not due to FFP.

Its a smokescreen to placate fans while Emery builds his own team!

I hope that was sarcasm

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â