Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, macandally said:

That’s why they should be smashed with points reductions, not bans/fines

The lot really, including relegations.

Clubs that don’t respect or have no regard for or intention to abide by the rules should be dealt with harshly. It’s the only way they will change…

There should not be any repeat offenders.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Even Vidagany said it 😂

“It's not like Football Manager where you can just choose the players.”

Haha that quote jumped out at me. People need to stop treating it like FIFA - “we should have been all over this deal” nonsense. 

@Jas10 the Doug sale never wound me up as much to now until I've seen it confirmed from horses mouth that it was purely for PSR.

It's infuriating 

I thought there were heavy elements of him wanting to go as well 

Imagine Onana, Kamara, Luiz for example ffs

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Fans need to understand this. We don’t have the freedom we would like. It’s not the club’s or current regime’s fault so why direct anger and negativity at them? We are doing all we can… window is not over.

It’s mad isn’t it, that the clubs not in Europe this season have less financial rules to comply with. We’ve had to make ourselves slightly weaker with the Diaby sale because we qualified for Europe. In fact, given that all the other clubs in Europe are the usual PSR resistant big six, we’re having to operate under more constraints than anyone if I understand rightly (possibly not).

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Being punished for success and hindered for ambition.

Fantastic 

rules doing what they were always designed to do.

To be fair to us as the commercial entity that is Aston Villa there's always been a consistency to our opposition to them, whoever the owners were.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The lot really, including relegations.

Clubs that don’t respect or have no regard for or intention to abide by the rules should be dealt with harshly. It’s the only way they will change…

There should not be any repeat offenders.

The problem is, there is still the threat of the European Super League hanging over the Premier League and I would argue that’s why the “6” are managed differently to everyone else.

If the Premier League levied what they should against Chelsea, City & United, the chances are Super League reappears and the Premier Leagues loses what it perceives to be its big overseas money spinners.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@Jas10 the Doug sale never wound me up as much to now until I've seen it confirmed from houses mouth that it was purely for PSR.

It's infuriating 

Yeah, I’d always kind of bought into the rumour that part of it was because he wasn’t signing a new contract so we’d planned for it and were happy for it. If they’re saying no, we would have kept him  and he would have been happy to stay were it not for PSR…its gutting.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@Jas10 the Doug sale never wound me up as much to now until I've seen it confirmed from houses mouth that it was purely for PSR.

It's infuriating 

I thought there were heavy elements of him wanting to go as well 

I know mate but it’s done and in the past. I’m over it. 

It’s time to look forwards, focus on what we have and new signings too…

The most important thing is that we have Unai… and he’s backed up and supported by good people too. As long as they’re here, we will always compete. 💪

UTV

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Make more intelligent comments.

Says you with the Twitter spam. 👍
Posts reported. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

I know mate but it’s done and in the past. I’m over it. 

It’s time to look forwards, focus on what we have and new signings too…

The most important thing is that we have Unai… and he’s backed up and supported by good people too. As long as they’re here, we will always compete. 💪

UTV

If he gets frustrated at not being able to compete because of the glass ceiling in place he may not be here as long as we like though.

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s mad isn’t it, that the clubs not in Europe this season have less financial rules to comply with. We’ve had to make ourselves slightly weaker with the Diaby sale because we qualified for Europe. In fact, given that all the other clubs in Europe are the usual PSR resistant big six, we’re having to operate under more constraints than anyone if I understand rightly (possibly not).

I think you’ve got it mate. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If he gets frustrated at not being able to compete because of the glass ceiling in place he may not be here as long as we like though.

Did he not just sign a new, long term contract?

He’s worked under more/greater restrictions before, the rules will change too.

4 minutes ago, zak said:

😡

The reason i support Villa

Not sure why he is a knob?  He was in hospitality at the recent Foo Fighters gig, was out with his mates but still took time to talk to fans.

Nice bloke and was a decent player here, had a blunderbuss of a shot on him!

• Like 1

Did he not just sign a new, long term contract?

He’s worked under more/greater restrictions before, the rules will change too.

Yes he did but contracts mean nothing in reality.

The Premier League have the super league barrel they are bent over. If you think the rules will be modified and still not benefit those same clubs, then that's very naive.

The PL will do anything to keep the usual 6 teams happy as they are their apparent money makers abroad.

They don't want villa or Newcatle upsetting that. The rules may well be modified but ultimately they will still benefit the usual 6 so they don't walk away to a super league.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â