Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I like these guys in charge of our Footballing areas at the club. Both are hardworking, smart and know how to make do with what’s here. Both seem real humble with what they’ve achieved too. 

PSR being a real hurdle, I think we’ve come out on the other side still looking competitive, yet now we’re a lot more robust  

We have the best setup we have ever had imo, inc the best owners. Only thing holding us back are the rules and restrictions. Aswell as the corruption and favourable conditions for other clubs.

Feels like we don’t really care and just go about our business regardless, working as hard as possible. Do things the right way and just keep improving and progressing.

Unai is the most important factor.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Bed wetters, pants wetters, weird fans. It’s all pathetic stuff, none of it harms but pathetic all the same and there’s been loads of it. Or just the passive aggressive laughing emojis when someone is trying to make a serious point (cue laughing emojis to this). 
I’ve never said we lost the transfer window so not sure your second sentence is aimed directly at me but there’s boring and repetitive on both sides. 

My actual stance is that I feel we’re weaker in the starting 11 but stronger in depth which will likely result in a slow start but a stronger finish.  My main concern is defence, we conceded loads of goals last season and I’m struggling to see that we’ve addressed that. For that reason, replacing Carlos with Geertruider excites me more that any attacking link we’ve got at the moment.

People cannot laugh without it being “passive aggressive” now?  Dear god!

The “lost transfer window” was a generalism but symptomatic of an entitled generation/fan base who want the freedom to spout stuff but find any emoji or counter argument as “passive aggressive” .

FWIW I agree with your last comment and have stated in numerous posts that I think it will take time for the new structure to gel and therefore, we may need to stick with it initially (note the histrionics in pre-season game threads!) but in the longer term we will be better for it.

Reality is we have over performed against our plan. The club has a long term strategy to put us back where we belong on a sustainable basis and has recruited the right people against that, it will take time and there will be blips but strategy is enduring, tactics evolve. 

My last point is not all our recruitment is for now.  Barrenchea will get minutes but is Kamara’s successor, Ned is Cash’s, Swinkels is Torres and Tielemans was for Luiz.  The club is better run with a plan, I would ask people to think along those lines and not just get lost in the immediate few days.

• Like 2

Appreciate these interviews… a lot of info from Vidagany. Sounds quite frustrated with the rules too.

Monchi on the window:

”We will continue to work until the last day.”

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

God that’s depressing.

Again, which one of these structures do Chelsea work under.

I'm genuinely curious for one of our finance savvy posters to explain to me how they operate like they have no issues at all

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm genuinely curious for one of our finance savvy posters to explain to me how they operate like they have no issues at all

Seems like they are willing to break the rules ahead of facing any repercussions that they don’t seem too bothered about.

Not the first time they’ve done it either… splashed the cash and faced a transfer embargo before.

The punishments need to be more severe really… especially for repeat offenders.

Maybe coming down hard on City will change things…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why were Manure given a £40m Covid grant??? 😡

• Sad 1

Imperative we sell Matty cash, Digne/Moreno, Hause, Carlos, the donk and Archer as they offer us very little now. I reckon NSWE lawyers are prepping a legal challenge for restriction of trade. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, macandally said:

My last point is not all our recruitment is for now.  Barrenchea will get minutes but is Kamara’s successor, Ned is Cash’s, Swinkels is Torres and Tielemans was for Luiz.  The club is better run with a plan, I would ask people to think along those lines and not just get lost in the immediate few days.

Agree with this. I would add that some of the players coming in will have to be flipped for future psr (or the equivalent) compliance. The painful bit being the better they do = more profit, but also means losing key players who have contributed. Hopefully a few of the real youngsters bought in can have a year or 2 then go the way of Kellyman/Carney for £20m and minimise the need to offload crown jewels.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why were Manure given a £40m Covid grant??? 😡

Nobody knows.  It was only found out because they have to publish all their accounts as they are a public company 

Fans need to understand this. We don’t have the freedom we would like. It’s not the club’s or current regime’s fault so why direct anger and negativity at them? We are doing all we can… window is not over.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Talk of Chelsea facing a 3/4 year transfer ban and why they have gone crazy in the market beforehand.…

Just a mess and so corrupt. Preferential treatment and recklessness.

That’s why they should be smashed with points reductions, not bans/fines

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â