Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Daveburnside said:

Also said they spoke to him 6 times and he was convinced he was going there. 

I don't know how true it all is, just what the ITK said.

The truth usually ends up being somewhere in the middle.

I had heard that some of the clauses were ridiculous, for large chunks of the overall fee and not realistic or obtainable. Also, the upfront amount was too low.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

12 minutes ago, Daveburnside said:

Makes sense. The squad is too big and we're close to the PSR threshold. 

No point in adding wages and fees if its going to put us in trouble.

I’ll also like too add, even getting a loan adds to this problem too

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

And McGinn reinforcing the message with a similar(ish) line, saying we can’t just go out and strengthen by spending , even though we could if not for the rules. 

The more we push this narrative the better, imo. It needs to become received wisdom in the media that the current system operates like a cartel. 

Agreed, we need to apply the pressure and bring it to light as much as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

My main interest is now focussed on which of our players leave and how they leave, whether it be by means of sales or loans.

If we have a successful last couple weeks of the transfer window in moving out fringe players on over generous wages then that would be excellent financial planning for our next couple of transfer windows.

I hope that we can complete a satisfactory "Geertruida" signing, and "Chalobah" would appear to be a sensible addition also, as he is now frozen out at Chelsea and is a decent CB in my opinion. These two players would conclude a very satisfying transfer window as long as we can shift some players who are now surplus to requirements.

We are still suffering from the Stevie G experiment/fiasco but slowly working our way through it now with Unai amd Monchi pulling the strings. No more plastic Scousers at the club now, just pure Brummy Villans!!! Well perhaps the odd cousin from across the Atlantic to lend a hand where required. 😎😎

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The truth usually ends up being somewhere in the middle.

I had heard that some of the clauses were ridiculous, for large chunks of the overall fee and not realistic or obtainable. Also, the upfront amount was too low.

Sounds about right. Scumbags.

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s just what we want to hear coming from the club. All the top people singing from the same song sheet perfect.

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

So presumably Carlos out and a younger more mobile defender comes in

Duran goes and Felix or equiv comes in

Archer and Donk  move on to give us a few quid  to add to what we find down the back of the sofa 

then next summer we consider moving on Ramsey if his fitness has returned and his value is back near the £50 m  .

or City have won their 115 charges and then all bets are off and we spend what we want 

17 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Yes because we sold Luiz and Diaby. I know for PSR etc and I'm not saying it was our fault (thems the stupid rules) but I don't think I could give this window any more than an 8 because of selling those 2 players. And Diaby we probably didn't even need to sell given he didn't give us much profit. 

It's not just about who we buy, it's about who we sell and we've sold a couple of vital parts of the squad. Plus we still haven't really replaced either player as far as I can see. 

We need to get over this Diarby and Luiz thing.  They have gone...we move on.  Lets not forget Luiz went awol in Feb and Diarby never really settled in fully...if out of the two....Diarby I would have kept.....IMO...I think Luiz is a good player but not as good as viewed on here.

They both of them contributes 19 goals and 14 assists.  With who we have brought in, who we already have not fully fit....and..this is the point that is overlooked....tighten up at the back and....between all new and fully fit players we should be able to cover their contribution...if not more!!!!

Edited by Bazmonkey
  • Like 1

Would we have too much to do if we sold both Duran and Archer? We may sign a versatile 10 or attacker but… would we have proper cover for Ollie?

One of them might stay, unless we can somehow and fairly easily bring in another CF (cheap or on loan)?

CB, RB, 10 and CF? Can we get all of that done if we manage to sell who we want? 👀

Just now, Bazmonkey said:

We ned to get over this Diarby and Luiz thing.  They have gone...we move on.  Lets not forget Luiz went awol in Feb and Diarby never really settled in fully...if out of the two....Diarby I would have kept.....IMO...I think Luiz is a good player but not as good as viewed on here.

They both of them contributes 19 goals and 14 assists.  With who we have brought in, who we already have not fully fit....and..this is the point that is overlooked....tighten up at the back and....between all new and fully fit players we should be able to cover their contribution...if not more!!!!

It’s DIABY mate 👍

• Haha 1

Just now, Bazmonkey said:

We ned to get over this Diarby and Luiz thing.  They have gone...we move on.  Lets not forget Luiz went awol in Feb and Diarby never really settled in fully...if out of the two....Diarby I would have kept.....IMO...I think Luiz is a good player but not as good as viewed on here.

Yeah we need to forget about them, not our players anymore. Focus on what we have and who might be joining us.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just saying how hard the financial rules are, how the PSR rules are different to UEFA rules and Dougie was sold due to the need for PSR and Diaby for UEFA rules.

God that’s depressing.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I like these guys in charge of our Footballing areas at the club. Both are hardworking, smart and know how to make do with what’s here. Both seem real humble with what they’ve achieved too. 

PSR being a real hurdle, I think we’ve come out on the other side still looking competitive, yet now we’re a lot more robust  

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â