Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

That was a great interview. Interesting he said we are not stronger (or weaker) than last year in sporting terms. 

Unai spouting toxic negativity (or positivity depending on which side one is fighting) 😀 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, macandally said:

Name calling?  Where?

It appears some have the memory span of goldfish and continuously repost the same stuff.  If your argument evolves, provide a refreshed view, the “we lost the transfer window” crap is just wrong and repetitive.

Bed wetters, pants wetters, weird fans. It’s all pathetic stuff, none of it harms but pathetic all the same and there’s been loads of it. Or just the passive aggressive laughing emojis when someone is trying to make a serious point (cue laughing emojis to this). 
I’ve never said we lost the transfer window so not sure your second sentence is aimed directly at me but there’s boring and repetitive on both sides. 

My actual stance is that I feel we’re weaker in the starting 11 but stronger in depth which will likely result in a slow start but a stronger finish.  My main concern is defence, we conceded loads of goals last season and I’m struggling to see that we’ve addressed that. For that reason, replacing Carlos with Geertruider excites me more that any attacking link we’ve got at the moment.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just saying how hard the financial rules are, how the PSR rules are different to UEFA rules and Dougie was sold due to the need for PSR and Diaby for UEFA rules.

So the players clearly didn't want to leave then, it was our decision to sell being forced on us by financial rules.

• Like 1

McGinn said on TalkSport the squad is stronger because it will have more rotation options. Even he recognises the financial constraints but the energy of Unai is inspiring them to do better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

If this is true then I'm surprised we were so steadfast in our valuation of Duran.

We don’t know the structure and terms of the offer/deal and there has been discussion that they reneged on it and messed us around. Vids were uploaded in Duran thread on that. Seems to be something they do quite often.

We just aren’t privy to this stuff. Deals have to work for us, we aren’t desperate, won’t be messed around or ripped off and have no reason to undersell. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

If this is true then I'm surprised we were so steadfast in our valuation of Duran.

I guess it’s because he is a good player, with massive potential, who’s on low ish wages. We are trying to get a better balance to the squad and he helps it. Any replacements would likely cost a lot more annually so if we aren’t bothered about PSR anymore he helps out with the UEFA rules………..Football in 2024 is nuts!

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Unai spouting toxic negativity (or positivity depending on which side one is fighting) 😀 

And McGinn reinforcing the message with a similar(ish) line, saying we can’t just go out and strengthen by spending , even though we could if not for the rules. 

The more we push this narrative the better, imo. It needs to become received wisdom in the media that the current system operates like a cartel. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The total amount of the Duran offer wasn't the issue--it was the structure and clauses.

West Ham ITK said they agreed 30m ish when we needed a PSR sale, they spoke to the player, then they dragged their feet with their transfer guy focussing on other deals.

In the meantime we sold Luiz and Diaby so the Duran price went up which they refused to pay.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We don’t know the structure and terms of the offer/deal and there has been discussion that they reneged on it and messed us around. Vids were uploaded in Duran thread on that. Seems to be something they do quite often.

We just aren’t privy to this stuff. Deals have to work for us, we aren’t desperate, won’t be messed around or ripped off and have no reason to undersell. 

I don't feel sorry for Durán but I do think West Ham led him on, hence his Instagram live nonsense. 

Just now, Daveburnside said:

West Ham ITK said they agreed 30m ish when we needed a PSR sale, they spoke to the player, then they dragged their feet with their transfer guy focussing on other deals.

In the meantime we sold Luiz and Diaby so the Duran price went up which they refused to pay.

Not the information I have, but 🤷‍♂️

Talk of Chelsea facing a 3/4 year transfer ban and why they have gone crazy in the market beforehand.…

Just a mess and so corrupt. Preferential treatment and recklessness.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Not the information I have, but 🤷‍♂️

Also said they spoke to him 6 times and he was convinced he was going there. 

I don't know how true it all is, just what the ITK said.

2 minutes ago, Daveburnside said:

Makes sense. The squad is too big and we're close to the PSR threshold. 

No point in adding wages and fees if its going to put us in trouble.

Yeah if you think about it, we have a lot of players still who are unlikely to play a big role this season. Players like Hause, Dendonker, and one of Moreno or Digne (probably Moreno) will be bit part players this season. I suspect those three alone are probably over £10m per year in wages.

Also, then if you are wanting to buy new/better players for the position like Geertrudia then Carlos will need to leave, and either Duran or Archer will need to go if we buy a Felix or Baena or another forward. We cannot do a Chelsea and keep adding as we don't have the revenue streams that they do at the moment.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â