Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Woah, Monchi’s on Talksport??

So it wasn't because his girlfriend forced him because she wanted a 5h drive to where her parents live?

• Haha 4

Haven’t listened (missed it) but I wonder if Monchi suggesting we wouldn’t have or have to have sold either player if not for PSR 😡

A few ex pros have commented on how crazy it is that after having qualified for CL, we are having to sell our better players too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Woah, Monchi’s on Talksport??

Yeah, Damian too and Damian sounds impressive.  Monchi for some reason I was expecting a Spanish James Bond voice but was a lot softer and less commanding ie normal 😂

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah, Damian too and Damian sounds impressive.  Monchi for some reason I was expecting a Spanish James Bond voice but was a lot softer and less commanding ie normal 😂

Many important points?

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Haven’t listened (missed it) but I wonder if Monchi suggesting we wouldn’t have or have to have sold either player if not for PSR 😡

I think Luiz definitely would have been kept but Diaby was too good an offer to refuse. Saying that the ITK's on here have said Luiz wouldn't sign a new contract so if that's the case we had to sell him this summer.  It's also important to remember anyone associated with Villa will complain about PSR because we want it changed. Even if a player wasn't sold for PSR reasons they will say it was because of PSR. 

Edited by villa89

Just now, Jas10 said:

Many important points?

Just saying how hard the financial rules are, how the PSR rules are different to UEFA rules and Dougie was sold due to the need for PSR and Diaby for UEFA rules.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, villa89 said:

I think Luiz definitely would have been kept but Diaby was too good an offer to refuse. It's also important to remember anyone associated with Villa will complain about PSR because we want it changed. Even if a player wasn't sold for PSR reasons they will say it was because of PSR. 

Maybe, much more affected by the Luiz sale than Diaby. Assumed the Moussa sale was an opportunity to get a profit and bring in a more suitable or effective player for the position he was usually played in.

Still, a valuable member of the squad and he would have improved. Contributed quite a lot.

Enjoying the meta turn the thread has taken to moaning about people moaning and/or being too positive!

Could do with a couple more pulled out of the bag just to settle any doubts. I think we'll be a little more up and down to start but looking forward to the season now. 

• Like 1

Typical coy words from Unai about transfers - he mentioned we need to reduce the squad numbers to bring names in. We are still on the lookout for names. It’s not easy, but we are happy with the names brought in. Still 17 days to go. Deals don't happen overnight but we are being competitive and the players are working hard. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Unai is on talksport now 

That was a great interview. Interesting he said we are not stronger (or weaker) than last year in sporting terms. 

Just now, Awol said:

That was a great interview. Interesting he said we are not stronger (or weaker) than last year in sporting terms. 

He’s so fascinating to listen to. A lot of reassurances and he’s still keeping his cards close to his chest but recognises the challenges. But he’s facing them with excitement and focused on each game coming up. No sentimentality about Arsenal either - just wants three points. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It gets repetitive but you’re at least making a point, there’s just too much panic and anger on places like Twitter… people stupidly @ing Monchi and Heck 😆

Expecting failure, regression, scared of other teams, expecting to be overtaken… it’s not what I could call support. It’s tiring and childish. There isn’t actually anything worth working up a fuss about. Not like we haven’t made any signings at all and this is all off the back of an amazing season.

I have some slight concerns too but… I have faith, trust (and admiration) in Unai and even Monchi, the owners very much so too. We haven’t been let down so far and tbh… we’ve had it really good if we properly take stock. No one expected us to have done this well so fast… so I think some patience and perspective is warranted.

The club is working on more deals but we have to try and understand, even by sympathetic, that we don’t have the freedom and luxuries of other clubs - PSR is something we have no choice but to contend with. Not sure anyone at the club deserves blame or negativity for that… but again, it’s not like we aren’t strengthening and not doing any business.

It really is worth waiting until the window has closed before making any definitive statements and judgements imo… it could be a very busy and active last few days even. If we make a few more signings, at least one more big and exciting one, then won’t the crybabies end up looking very silly indeed?

If we are left short in some way… sure, raise some concerns or doubts then but it should still be done in a reasonable, calm or level headed manner imo. We have a lot to be grateful for… we’ve seen and tolerated a lot of “bad” over the years, so let’s enjoy and appreciate the “good”, no?

I want us to do as well as possible too (so does everyone at the club, Unai is very ambitious, Monchi is there to help him, NSWE want us to be at the “top of the game”) but everything is not as easy, simplistic or speedy as people make out or wish it to be. It’s not like playing a computer game… there all sorts of things to deal with.

We really shouldn’t be turning on each other and fighting/arguing either when things have been going so well…

Oh well, here’s hoping everything continues to go well. 👍

I know you do and you've raised them. You are certainly a real optimist Jas, but even though I am portrayed as negative I have also praised some of our signings and I still think we have a very good team bar one or two positions (whicvh is probably where the frustration lies, we also seem to be so close to having an amazing team but don't quite do enough, it was the same last summer with the right back situation).

I'm still hopeful we can have a good season, but I have some very valid concerns especially when teams like Man Utd, West Ham, Chelsea keep spending lots of money to improve. 

We all need balance. The optimists need to realise there are valid concerns that we could regress next season, and the pessimists need to realise we're still in a great place compared to a few seasons ago. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I know you do and you've raised them. You are certainly a real optimist Jas, but even though I am portrayed as negative I have also praised some of our signings and I still think we have a very good team bar one or two positions (whicvh is probably where the frustration lies, we also seem to be so close to having an amazing team but don't quite do enough, it was the same last summer with the right back situation).

I'm still hopeful we can have a good season, but I have some very valid concerns especially when teams like Man Utd, West Ham, Chelsea keep spending lots of money to improve. 

We all need balance. The optimists need to realise there are valid concerns that we could regress next season, and the pessimists need to realise we're still in a great place compared to a few seasons ago. 

👍👍

Let’s see what’s coming out of today’s interviews… should give us some useful info and perspective.

I have a feeling things will heat up very soon. Need to get sales done.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â