Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

When they litter every page with the same, monotonous negativity you could argue there is a reason people get really, really, really bored!

Maybe not everyone gets really, really bored though. It still doesn’t have to resort to name calling and insults. All you end up with then is that people who might add to the discussion want to stay away.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There’s plenty of discussions, there’s also a strain of toxic negativity online too. Less so on here, but certainly on Twitter. I’ve said before, but I won’t give any rating until the window closes. I think scores like five are way too low right now. And we do need to bring in names, and there’s still time to do so. It’s not about trying to censor people. But hyping up other clubs and acting like we’ve not been making moves is simply not true. I just don’t get the negativity some give out. Nor would I want toxic positivity either. 

This is all fair re the transfer window but toxic positivity is definitely becoming a thing on here. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's not our choice. We can only shift deadwood if another team wants to have them. There is a reason why we don't want them, so it's unsurprising that not many other clubs do either.

Exactly! Also PL players incredibly overpriced fees+wages so you can only offload to other PL teams or Saudi for players you don't want unless take massive loss or player will just run down contract because wages they won't get elsewhere

• Like 1

Why are people so rattled by someone having a different opinion to them? They need to get out more. The whole world is full of different opinions, from politics to business to football. What irritates me the most are the prats who come out and say you’re not a true fan or you’re a troll if you raise concerns about our transfer business or preseason form or form end of last season. These are all legitimate concerns. 

This forum would be a very boring place if everyone had the same opinion that everything was positive all the time. But this is propaganda, it’s only focusing on positive stuff and ignoring concerns or issues which may be negative but have to be addressed and discussed in a mature fashion.

When people resort to name calling because they don’t want to hear any of that I just think they’re big man children.

• Like 4

I keep reading that we haven’t replaced Dougie but I thought Youri was moving into his spot with Barkley as his backup? At least until Boubs comes back, then I would love to watch a Boubs/Onana combo.

6 minutes ago, Radness said:

I keep reading that we haven’t replaced Dougie but I thought Youri was moving into his spot with Barkley as his backup? At least until Boubs comes back, then I would love to watch a Boubs/Onana combo.

We have, but some people are blind to the fact we replaced Doug 12 months ago when we signed Tielemans.

• Like 1

Not as much about replacing Doug as that I see a midfield of Onana, Youri, Barkley (Barrenechea an unknown) as weaker than the midfield of Kamara, Luiz & Youri we had going into last season. Add to that the extra strain of playing in the CL and not having a settled midfield and I think the months before Kamara is back are going to be really rough. Really looking forward to seeing the Onana & Kamara pairing in 2025 thou. 

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Ok fair enough, I sort of agree the wording wasn’t great. I was referring to the league, playing our first CL game at VP in 40 years will of course be memorable. I just want us to be competitive and to help Unai by giving him the team/squad he needs.

I think much of the negativity/disappointment stems from the fact that we’ve lost quality and so far not replaced it and still not really strengthened the defence and going into a CL campaign like this is a concern.

I can understand why it frustrates you though.

It gets repetitive but you’re at least making a point, there’s just too much panic and anger on places like Twitter… people stupidly @ing Monchi and Heck 😆

Expecting failure, regression, scared of other teams, expecting to be overtaken… it’s not what I could call support. It’s tiring and childish. There isn’t actually anything worth working up a fuss about. Not like we haven’t made any signings at all and this is all off the back of an amazing season.

I have some slight concerns too but… I have faith, trust (and admiration) in Unai and even Monchi, the owners very much so too. We haven’t been let down so far and tbh… we’ve had it really good if we properly take stock. No one expected us to have done this well so fast… so I think some patience and perspective is warranted.

The club is working on more deals but we have to try and understand, even by sympathetic, that we don’t have the freedom and luxuries of other clubs - PSR is something we have no choice but to contend with. Not sure anyone at the club deserves blame or negativity for that… but again, it’s not like we aren’t strengthening and not doing any business.

It really is worth waiting until the window has closed before making any definitive statements and judgements imo… it could be a very busy and active last few days even. If we make a few more signings, at least one more big and exciting one, then won’t the crybabies end up looking very silly indeed?

If we are left short in some way… sure, raise some concerns or doubts then but it should still be done in a reasonable, calm or level headed manner imo. We have a lot to be grateful for… we’ve seen and tolerated a lot of “bad” over the years, so let’s enjoy and appreciate the “good”, no?

I want us to do as well as possible too (so does everyone at the club, Unai is very ambitious, Monchi is there to help him, NSWE want us to be at the “top of the game”) but everything is not as easy, simplistic or speedy as people make out or wish it to be. It’s not like playing a computer game… there all sorts of things to deal with.

We really shouldn’t be turning on each other and fighting/arguing either when things have been going so well…

Oh well, here’s hoping everything continues to go well. 👍

Edited by Jas10

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Not as much about replacing Doug as that I see a midfield of Onana, Youri, Barkley (Barrenechea an unknown) as weaker than the midfield of Kamara, Luiz & Youri we had going into last season. Add to that the extra strain of playing in the CL and not having a settled midfield and I think the months before Kamara is back are going to be really rough. Really looking forward to seeing the Onana & Kamara pairing in 2025 thou. 

If Unai can guide us to 4th with an exhausted McGinn and Tielemans i have faith he can make it to Kamaras return with those two + Onana and Barkley.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Why are people so rattled by someone having a different opinion to them? They need to get out more. The whole world is full of different opinions, from politics to business to football. What irritates me the most are the prats who come out and say you’re not a true fan or you’re a troll if you raise concerns about our transfer business or preseason form or form end of last season. These are all legitimate concerns. 

This forum would be a very boring place if everyone had the same opinion that everything was positive all the time. But this is propaganda, it’s only focusing on positive stuff and ignoring concerns or issues which may be negative but have to be addressed and discussed in a mature fashion.

When people resort to name calling because they don’t want to hear any of that I just think they’re big man children.

I am a gigantic child half the time around here. I make no apologies for being a bit silly.

Its more that it often turns into straight repetitive moaning rather than making a nuanced point and backing it up. We don't know how the midfield is going to function which is similar to where we were a year ago before Luiz/Kamara turned it on. I just think with the talent we have both players and coaches we deserve to be a bit more optimistic.

Edited by Anything11
spellingggggg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Anything11 said:

If Unai can guide us to 4th with an exhausted McGinn and Tielemans i have faith he can make it to Kamaras return with those two + Onana and Barkley.

Define "can make it". I expect us to be mid table around the new year and then hopefully start climbing and I'm totally fine with that all things considered. Where do you see us during the first half of the season?

58 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe not everyone gets really, really bored though. It still doesn’t have to resort to name calling and insults. All you end up with then is that people who might add to the discussion want to stay away.

Name calling?  Where?

It appears some have the memory span of goldfish and continuously repost the same stuff.  If your argument evolves, provide a refreshed view, the “we lost the transfer window” crap is just wrong and repetitive.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

There’s plenty of discussions, there’s also a strain of toxic negativity online too. Less so on here, but certainly on Twitter. I’ve said before, but I won’t give any rating until the window closes. I think scores like five are way too low right now. And we do need to bring in names, and there’s still time to do so. It’s not about trying to censor people. But hyping up other clubs and acting like we’ve not been making moves is simply not true. I just don’t get the negativity some give out. Nor would I want toxic positivity either. 

Even the podcasts many of us listen to are commenting on and surprised by the level and extent of the negativity… it is really strange. Imagine if we’d had a poor season 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

PSR is bullsh*t as Chelsea continue to make a mockery of the rules. 

It is and they are a joke… it’s not a level playing field.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â