Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Knutserov13 said:

Since Felix wont happen. Go for Baena and Geertruida. That'll do.

Yep or someone like Sudakov. Getting Geertruida in is paramount for me then icing on the cake time before the window slams shut 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Are you really saying that signing our (on paper) best RB for 20+ years, a CL team of the season LB, arguably the best young CM outside the Sly 6, a top CL "10" and a player with 50 caps from the current world champions (I have to say that I am a bit meh on that one) plus 3 high potential youngsters would ONLY merit a 7???!!!  All of which whilst operating within the ridiculous financial constraints that are FFP / PSR?  Wow.  You have some high / ambitious / unachievable expectations / standards!!!

And then you go and say that you want to sign Anderson from Palace for £35 - £40m.  A player who has managed just 6 European matches in his entire career and none in the last 4 seasons where he's mainly played with an ambition of finishing in the top half of the bottom half of the PL.  Weird.

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So you’re Rattled by Fulham now as well as West Ham … 

But presumably not Palace anymore as they will have sold both their starting CBs...

No doubting we have better squad depth but still debatable if our strongest 11 will be stronger than the one that did so well up to Xmas last season.  Still not sure we have the player that orchestrated things in the middle the way Luiz did. Still time of course. 

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We’re probably forgetting about him since he’s been injured so long but…

Kamara with Onana is going to be amazing.

And allow our attacking players more freedom and expression.

With Enzo as cover.  24, 22 and 23 years old respectively.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, allani said:

Are you really saying that signing our (on paper) best RB for 20+ years, a CL team of the season LB, arguably the best young CM outside the Sly 6, a top CL "10" and a player with 50 caps from the current world champions (I have to say that I am a bit meh on that one) plus 3 high potential youngsters would ONLY merit a 7???!!!  All of which whilst operating within the ridiculous financial constraints that are FFP / PSR?  Wow.  You have some high / ambitious / unachievable expectations / standards!!!

Yes because we sold Luiz and Diaby. I know for PSR etc and I'm not saying it was our fault (thems the stupid rules) but I don't think I could give this window any more than an 8 because of selling those 2 players. And Diaby we probably didn't even need to sell given he didn't give us much profit. 

It's not just about who we buy, it's about who we sell and we've sold a couple of vital parts of the squad. Plus we still haven't really replaced either player as far as I can see. 

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, sne said:

Would hate for us to help Barcelona register yet another player they can't afford and shouldn't be allowed to sign. Must be other CB's out there we could go for.

If it benefits Villa I couldn’t care less about Barca. Lenglet knows how we play, knows the players and would easily fit back in. He’s not amazing but I don’t think he let us down last yr.

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We’re probably forgetting about him since he’s been injured so long but…

Kamara with Onana is going to be amazing.

And allow our attacking players more freedom and expression.

Absolutely this! When might we see this?!

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

4 with Mings, then 5 in total with Bogarde as backup.

Mings is months away and if we don't qualify for the knockout stages will miss our entire Champions league campaign, there's also no guarantee's that a 31 year old CB coming off a year out will ever reach the level he was at before his injury.

Bogarde is a defensive midfielder who did a job in pre-season for us because.....

We don't have enough CB's.

• Like 3

As the window isn’t closed yet, and we’re quite good at doing a lot of transfer business on the quiet, I’m going to wait until the window closes before fretting about which players are still here and which players we have or have not signed.

18 minutes ago, allani said:

With Enzo as cover.  24, 22 and 23 years old respectively.

Lovely, I have high hopes for Enzo too. We finally have quality and depth (especially defensively) in midfield. They will protect us more… it’s up to the attackers to bring more creativity and threat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

As the window isn’t closed yet, and we’re quite good at doing a lot of transfer business on the quiet, I’m going to wait until the window closes before fretting about which players are still here and which players we have or have not signed.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, allani said:

But presumably not Palace anymore as they will have sold both their starting CBs...

And Olise and maybe Eze. I was never worried about them when they started selling their crown jewels. 

They were a problem back end of last season but are clearly a feeder club to the bigger fish. Shame we aren't one of those stealing their players. 

• Like 2

Just now, Leeroy said:

Yes because we sold Luiz and Diaby. I know for PSR etc and I'm not saying it was our fault (thems the stupid rules) but I don't think I could give this window any more than an 8 because of selling those 2 players. And Diaby we probably didn't even need to sell given he didn't give us much profit. 

It's not just about who we buy, it's about who we sell and we've sold a couple of vital parts of the squad. 

But wouldn't you also agree that it's about who we haven't sold?  We haven't sold Emi, Konsa or Watkins - all of whom will have been on the radars of big clubs, all of whom will know that they'd need to go to silly numbers for us or them to be tempted.  The world's best keeper and surely England's new 9 - not being straight out of the door is a big step from where we have been (as demonstrated by Grealish feeling that he needed to leave to fulfill his international ambitions not that long ago).

Of course I'd love to have kept Luiz - him, Onana and Kamara would be an incredible base in the middle of the pitch. 

I thought Diaby would be terrific but the more he played the less he seemed (to me) to fit the way we play.  Bailey can do a lot of what he does.  I genuinely think that Baena, Goncalves or Felix (not Grealish - he's a busted flush in my opinion) would all be more in tune with the way that we want to play.  They might not directly replace the goal contributions but I think they'd all make our attack more "integrated" (sorry not sure that is the right / best word) so indirectly we'd be better.  And your rating assumed that a player like that does sign. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â