Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully they see this post and leave a comment to let us know.

I think they might wait until September 1st. 🙂

PS - I've added a bit more explanation to my original response as reading it back it seemed more dismissive / aggressive than was intended. 🙂  But basically I have often felt let down in the past because either our owner was too tight or too controlling to sign off on a deal that could have been transformational OR we had managers who either couldn't or wouldn't try and attract the level of player we needed.  This season I feel that there are no "internal" blockers and that all the key decision makers are fully aligned.  If we don't get players then it's because they weren't gettable not because we weren't trying or we weren't thinking about what we need.  I also think that the key decision makers have a 3 or 5 year plan rather than a 1 year plan - so there's every chance that what might be perceived as a "weak" window turns out in 18 months time to be a great window.

However, I'd currently give it an 8 (assuming those 2 additions - partly because I am also including Ned and Rogers as part of the strategic plan for the summer and partly because I'm also including the hopeful return of Ramsey and Emi B).  To be honest I'm not fussed about Lo Celso so him signing or not has no influence on the score.  If we then signed a Carlos upgrade it would move to an 8.5.  And if we signed a good Duran replacement (assuming that Lo Celso was the Diaby option) then it might move up into the 9s.

Edited by allani

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think Geertruida would be the Carlos replacement, as he can also cover Konsa at CB.

Then we'd be short. 

We'd have three senior CB's in the squad, one of which (either Geertruida or Konsa) would be our starting RB.

We need to replace Lenglet and if we let Carlos go, we'd also need to replace him.

• Like 4

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Then we'd be short. 

We'd have three senior CB's in the squad, one of which (either Geertruida or Konsa) would be our starting RB.

We need to replace Lenglet and if we let Carlos go, we'd also need to replace him.

4 with Mings, then 5 in total with Bogarde as backup.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

When are we getting our marquee signing to say we got Champions League? 

We have him but he signed in 2022

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

If they sign Diaz, they’ll have him, Doku, Savio and even Foden for the left side.

Bring. Him. Home!

They wouldn't want to strengthen a team that are going to be one of their direct rivals in the PL, CL, FAC & LC! ;)

3 minutes ago, John said:

They wouldn't want to strengthen a team that are going to be one of their direct rivals in the PL, CL, FAC & LC! ;)

Scousers would sell their first born for 70mil!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Then we'd be short. 

Fully agree. All this talk of Felix is a distraction from our defence. If Carlos leaves and Geertruida joins that'll be some way to solving the issue. However we are very exposed if we get an injury to Pau as Mings is a different type of player and he's also months off being fully match fit for the PL/CL level football. 

I think we need a left sided player at least on loan until January, To fit the player in we need Moreno to go though. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yes, it gives us a player with a decade of Champions League experience who can play RB in those games 🤣🤣 so we don't have to watch Cash get rinsed by the world's best left-wings in every game 

Cash is better than Sergi Roberto. Be a downgrade and would be tore apart weekly

• Like 1

I see some talk again of Lukaku, if we signed him on loan, that wouldnt be a bad signing IMO. Comes with experiences, has played with Onana and Tielemans. Very good pro.

Just not sure how he would complement Watkins. 

We havent filled any loan spots yet have we and normally we'd see 2.

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

I see some talk again of Lukaku, if we signed him on loan, that wouldnt be a bad signing IMO. Comes with experiences, has played with Onana and Tielemans. Very good pro.

The same way he complimented Lautauro Martinez.

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Huge no from me, no way he’d want to be a sub each week he’s to good for that.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cash is better than Sergi Roberto. Be a downgrade and would be tore apart weekly

I don't see how anyone can think this. Can only assume you haven't seen a lot of Roberto or have glossed over the fact that Cash is the gaping vulnerability in not just our defence but our whole team. Time and again he is at fault.

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd argue our senior right back is Exri Konsa, that we've got the best eighteen year old I've seen coming through for years behind him and an experienced international in Cash behind them, not only that, but one of our brightest youth prospects, Tristan Rowe is a right back and we're strongly rumoured to be signing a player that can give us more options in terms of the way we use Konsa.

And I guess the Ezri "conundrum" defines whether a RB or a CB is higher priority.  I'd prefer Ezri to be playing in the middle.  So I'd like a starting RB to alternate with Ned (like we have done at LB when - if fit - we tend to do 65/25 most matches) and then a CB to replace Carlos as "backup" to Ezri - maybe someone with a bit more of an aerial presence when we expect teams to be hoofing balls into our box or when we're all hands to the pump and needing to hang on.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â