Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, est1874 said:

Correct - if. He's not signed yet, no fee agreed, as far as know it's not gone beyond initial discussions.

At the moment we have one broken Matthew and an 18 year old Kosta who is promising but by no means ready to go up against the Dokus of this world.

Say he doesn't sign. Would signing Roberto really solve anything? 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd argue our senior right back is Exri Konsa, that we've got the best eighteen year old I've seen coming through for years behind him and an experienced international in Cash behind them, not only that, but one of our brightest youth prospects, Tristan Rowe is a right back and we're strongly rumoured to be signing a player that can give us more options in terms of the way we use Konsa.

Basque is he? 😉

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd argue our senior right back is Exri Konsa, that we've got the best eighteen year old I've seen coming through for years behind him and an experienced international in Cash behind them, not only that, but one of our brightest youth prospects, Tristan Rowe is a right back and we're strongly rumoured to be signing a player that can give us more options in terms of the way we use Konsa.

We need Ezri at CB, where he is best. So for me that's a nonstarter.

The rest that you've mentioned - not currently good enough or at the level we need to compete for top four PL again while also playing CL.

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

How do we not need a RB? Our senior RB remains Matt Cash, a man who couldn't defend Fort Knox.

Senior does not equal best.  Although (even though I think Ned "feels" like a Rogers type player in terms of being someone who will listen and settle in pretty quickly rather than someone who will take 12 months to adjust) I'd like another RB as I think we'll see similar to LB where Emery changes after 60 minutes because it is quite a high energy / load position.  For all that we've seen him like to have a 3 defensive players and 1 attacking FB - I do get the feeling that we'll aim to be less "left" heavy in terms of overlapping FBs.  Ned and Geert (hopefully) are likely to be doing a lot of running this season.  I think this is another reason for "firming up" our CM positions and that ultimately with Kamara and Onana one of those drops back into a CB 3 when we have the ball without weakening our CM control and allowing us to play with two more attacking / progressive FBs.

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If they sign Diaz, they’ll have him, Doku, Savio and even Foden for the left side.

Bring. Him. Home!

Grealish might go somewhere on loan this summer, but it is unlikely it will be to us. He doesn't suit the way we play and we are already absolutely stacked on the left hand side. Also, Emery isn't one to sign someone just for romantic nourishment.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Say he doesn't sign. Would signing Roberto really solve anything? 

Yes, it gives us a player with a decade of Champions League experience who can play RB in those games 🤣🤣 so we don't have to watch Cash get rinsed by the world's best left-wings in every game 

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If our only other incoming's were Geertruida and Lo Celso.  How would you rank our window out of 10?  

I don't really care how I would score it.  The only thing that matters to me is how Unai, Monchi and NSWE would score it.  If they'd score it a 10 then I would assume we've got everyone they wanted and that it is fully alligned with their plan and strategy.  If they'd score it a 5 then I would be a bit worried. 

To expand on this - in the past I have often felt that either we have excellent managers but a tight owner or a decent owner with a poor manager.  Now our owner, manager and recruitment team seem 100% together on every decision that is being made.  Sure Nas is positioning himself as the man to fit for proper fair play and equal opportunity against the humungously flawed FFP / PSR rules that do the exact opposite.  But even then I think we've been pretty smart at exposing how ridiculous the rules are and that this is something we will hear a lot about in the various PL meetings next season.  I think there will be more clubs willing to stand alongside NSWE next season and really challenge the PL (and UEFA) on what these rules are really trying to prove.

Edited by allani
Explanation added

Just now, allani said:

I don't really care how I would score it.  The only thing that matters to me is how Unai, Monchi and NSWE would score it.  If they'd score it a 10 then I would assume we've got everyone they wanted and that it is fully alligned with their plan and strategy.  If they'd score it a 5 then I would be a bit worried.

Let's ask them then 😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Yes, it gives us a player with a decade of Champions League experience who can play RB in those games 🤣🤣 so we don't have to watch Cash get rinsed by the world's best left-wings in every game 

But he's been quite poor for 4  years now. 

1 minute ago, allani said:

Hopefully they see this post and leave a comment to let us know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If our only other incoming's were Geertruida and Lo Celso.  How would you rank our window out of 10?  

6/10 maybe. But the players in most cases are signed with the next couple years in mind not just this season so over a longer period it's hopefully a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Edited by sne

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think if we're able to rehabilitate Duran and Carlos that would be fine - if either of those left and we didn't replace them on top of the two you've suggested, then it'd be difficult to see it as a success.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think if we're able to rehabilitate Duran and Carlos that would be fine - if either of those left and we didn't replace them on top of the two you've suggested, then it'd be difficult to see it as a success.

I think Geertruida would be the Carlos replacement, as he can also cover Konsa at CB.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â