Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If they sign Diaz, they’ll have him, Doku, Savio and even Foden for the left side.

Bring. Him. Home!

Nah he chose his " home" and even Dived against us to win a penalty at his new house lol

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If they sign Diaz, they’ll have him, Doku, Savio and even Foden for the left side.

Bring. Him. Home!

It's just complete bs as Romano has said. Also City can't really sell Jack without booking a big loss

Edited by CVByrne

As far as today who knows what happens next coming days we have lost top quality in our starting 11 and haven't replaced them in my opinion. Yes there is more depth , but quality over quantity for me. The Luiz deal for 42 million was a crap deal for me we got shafted regardless FFP his a 70 million player. Still the areas we were weake in last season have not been addressed and signs have been evident in preseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Bring. Him. Home!

With Chelsea and us stockpiling lefties, clearly this season's en vogue tactical innovation is playing  a team with only players on the left

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's just complete bs as Romano has said. Also City can't really sell Jack without booking a big loss

Probably is BS, but he has a book value of £50m left so they could break even, they could also loan him.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Probably is BS, but he has a book value of £50m left so they could break even, they could also loan him.

He's on like £300,000 a week wages too. Nobody can afford that. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I know mate, I thought I had a right Gem and then he scored a few in pre season and everyone jumped on it!

I

I'm hoping that enough people go - hmm Ollie's hasn't scored many in pre-season - to mean that he's my not very secret, secret weapon.  I have Ollie, Bailey and Rogers and am hoping that that brings in buckets of points before everyone else catches on and does the same.

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

RB and midfield aren't what we need though?

Priority for me is CB, CF, CB - in that order.

How do we not need a RB? Our senior RB remains Matt Cash, a man who couldn't defend Fort Knox.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, allani said:

I'm hoping that enough people go - hmm Ollie's hasn't scored many in pre-season - to mean that he's my not very secret, secret weapon.  I have Ollie, Bailey and Rogers and am hoping that that brings in buckets of points before everyone else catches on and does the same.

**** Ollie's in 43.8% of teams.  So guess it is down to Rogers (8%) and Bailey (4.3%)

19 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

With Chelsea and us stockpiling lefties, clearly this season's en vogue tactical innovation is playing  a team with only players on the left

Don't most of our attacking lefties play down our right?

24 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

As far as today who knows what happens next coming days we have lost top quality in our starting 11 and haven't replaced them in my opinion. Yes there is more depth , but quality over quantity for me. The Luiz deal for 42 million was a crap deal for me we got shafted regardless FFP his a 70 million player. Still the areas we were weake in last season have not been addressed and signs have been evident in preseason.

Thing is that a lot of Everton fans I know say that Onana was an £70-80m player (or at the very least will be after a season away from Dyche-ball).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacksonho said:

We need to replace the 19 goals and 14 assists only if we concede the same amount as last year. If our defence improves by 10 goals due to the signings including our defensive mids then it is less of a problem replacing the scoring output from Douglas and Moussa. We let in a lot of goals last year which was fine because we scored a lot too but we can’t just say we lost a lot of goal scoring output and assume we will be worse because of it.

Ramsey had 6 goals and 5 assists, and Buendia had 5G / 2A the season before last (including SG's tenure). If they can regain fitness to where they were they're bound to improve on those numbers. Also 5 of Luiz's goals were penalties. You have to assume we'd not lose those five goals with an new penalty taker.

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

How do we not need a RB? Our senior RB remains Matt Cash, a man who couldn't defend Fort Knox.

I imagine Geertruida is meant to be the RB if he signs.

Just now, sne said:

I imagine Geertruida is meant to be the RB if he signs.

Correct - if. He's not signed yet, no fee agreed, as far as know it's not gone beyond initial discussions.

At the moment we have one broken Matthew and an 18 year old Kosta who is promising but by no means ready to go up against the Dokus of this world.

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'd argue our senior right back is Exri Konsa, that we've got the best eighteen year old I've seen coming through for years behind him and an experienced international in Cash behind them, not only that, but one of our brightest youth prospects, Tristan Rowe is a right back and we're strongly rumoured to be signing a player that can give us more options in terms of the way we use Konsa.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â