Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Rogers for a whole season....

Buendia back in the team...

Youri being free upped to be more advanced in midfield...

More attacking quality in the full backs...

Window is still open....

Philogene probably adds about 10 combined or so on top of those.

Buendia easily gets 10 assists and a few goals.

Youri takes over penalty duty for the 6 or so that Luiz scored.

Rogers for an extra half a season gives us an extra 10-15.

Arguably we've alrwady exceded the 28 they provided, spread out over a wider selection of players so we won't capitulate at the end of the season. 

And I expect one more forward is coming in before the end.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

28 goal contributions between Luiz and Diaby last season.

Have we replaced their output yet?

Ramsey, Buendia, Rogers (whole season),Tielemans (with more game time), and hopefully Felix (or whoever we get instead of him).

Edited by duke313

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who will take penalties? Hopefully Rogers as I'm getting in FPL. I assume maybe Tielemans. That's several Luiz goals covered if reasonable conversion rate

John McGinn was the 2nd taker after Luiz last season. It was reported in Athletic I believe as Watkins had been the taker the season prior. So I wonder if McGinn will be the one to take them or one of the newer players is given the task

Onana was big money. Maatsen was a lot for a LB and the fee for Geertruida is likely to be high for a RB. Both would be near the all time top-10 most expensive in their position.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Maybe I am the fool,

But I never expected us to making huge signings in this window...

I am very happy as I believe within the financial restraints we have improved the overall squad depth. This is important to Unai I believe.

I hoped we'd get a big signing coming in,  but not at the cost of the depth we desperately needed to add. I also expected that if we sold Luiz or one of our other main players that that would mean we could add a big signing alongside the depth we needed.

Sadly, it seems our PSR position was about 50m worse than I'd expected, so I've tempered my expectations based on that. 

Onana is a great signing, and whilst not a huge name, he will be in a couple of years time. Hopefully still time for one more if we can shift Carlos, Duran, Moreno/Digne or Cash.

Just now, sne said:

Onana was big money. Maatsen was a lot for a LB and the fee for Geertruida is likely to be high for a RB. Both would be near the all time top-10 most expensive in their position.

Very good point, plenty big enough signings have been made. We just haven't signed a superstar, and I'm not sure we will, Felix being the exception but I don't really consider him a superstar so he'll be here to prove himself if he chooses to sign...(I don't think he will)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

And I think they're both in our top 3 transfers of all time.

Once / if we get Geertruida in I think our defence will be absolutely fine. We may need another loan depending on how long the club thinks it will take for Mings to be part of the match day squad, but it’s not essential.

I do hope we’re still looking for a player that can play as a 9 or 10, a bit like Felix.

But I’m happy with what we’ve done in this window so far, and I finally get to see Villa play in the Champions League.

• Like 2

Just now, MrBlack said:

I hoped we'd get a big signing coming in,  but not at the cost of the depth we desperately needed to add. I also expected that if we sold Luiz or one of our other main players that that would mean we could add a big signing alongside the depth we needed.

Sadly, it seems our PSR position was about 50m worse than I'd expected, so I've tempered my expectations based on that. 

Onana is a great signing, and whilst not a huge name, he will be in a couple of years time. Hopefully still time for one more if we can shift Carlos, Duran, Moreno/Digne or Cash.

Yeah agree that the PSR situation was a stark reality check, and since then I think we have done quite well considering.

Without PSR the club probably goes all out to get Felix...

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Honestly I'm still not convinced he'd be any good in PL but I don't think we'll sign him so whether he'd be good or rubbish will be hypothetical debate for the ages.

Actually based on pre season I'd much rather have got ESR

Edited by Kiwivillan

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah agree that the PSR situation was a stark reality check, and since then I think we have done quite well considering.

Or he was on various targets and we were happy to wait and get a loan or cheaper deal. Not a priority. 

For me we need to complete the Carlos sale and get Geertruida in. I think this improves our defence this season and gives us more depth too. 

We need to move on at least one of Archer or Duran. We don't need 3 strikers and need to move one of those on if we can, but it's looking increasingly unlikely. 

We then still need to move on Dendonker and Moreno. We've a lot to do and the key is still PSR atm

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think come end of season we'll be lauding Maatsen as the signing of the season

He is behind Digne at the moment, it will take bad performances from Digne for Maatsen to come in IMO. 

22 minutes ago, Hughes said:

He is behind Digne at the moment, it will take bad performances from Digne for Maatsen to come in IMO. 

LBs rotate. He will get plenty of time.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I seem to recall Emery changing LBs at around the hour mark in a lot of games too.

Yeah that is what I am referring to. One usually becomes the A side and starts against big teams but it is all down form and fit with regard to structure.

Edited by Anything11
none of your business
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â