Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

58 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I hope there’s signs of movement from Carlos and Duran soon

Despite a lot of noise (mainly Romano tweeting 50+ times about the same deal) - it does seem like lots of sides are leaving it quite late this summer.

The Copa and Euro's will have played a part in that - but I think PSR is having a huge impact. There was loads of deals in late June, but otherwise fairly quiet. Liverpool haven't signed anyone yet.

I suspect the likes of Carlos and Duran are on a list of potential transfers for a few clubs, and everyone is trying to drive prices down. Something will happen to trigger a sequence of moves; clubs will fear of being left with nothing so the prices go back up.
Monchi knows this, and although it isn't ideal, we have the professionals in charge and I trust they will do the best they can.

So we need to shift people before we can sign anyone else purely on the basis of squad numbers, whether we can afford them or not. 

Cash out let's us get Geertruida in. 

Duran out let's us get Muci in.

Digne or Moreno out let's us get Lo Celso in (think I'm the only person that would be ok with this)

Sellling Carlos (or not registering Mings for the first half a season) probably enables us to get Hermoso in.

For anything to happen we need to shift some players.

Edited by MrBlack

11 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

When are we getting our marquee signing to say we got Champions League? 

thats the disappointment for me, dont actually mind the business that we've done so far but i think we could have done it regardless of CL or not

we still havent signed anyone that says he's only joined because we are in it

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I think pretty much anyone on this forum would take him.

Problem is it seems we are skint until we move players on. It’s why Felix never happened apparently. If Saudi make a big offer for Duran then it might be feasible or we offload someone for decent money like Cash. Liverpool would want a fair amount of money I’m guessing.

Is “every day like Sunday” for you?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

When are we getting our marquee signing to say we got Champions League? 

I don’t know, depends whether you think football management is about performance or being performative?

I think Maatsen and Onana are marquee signings, not because they’re expensive but because of their potential. I reckon Costa and Enzo will also turn out to be diamonds signed for fees far below what they’ll be worth by the end of the season. Geertruida will be a huge signing if it goes through, imo.

Any of Felix, Goncalves or Baena would also be marquee signings imo, but if Emery is happy with Lo Celso, great. He’s the expert. 

• Like 1

Would much rather have a great team than a great player.

Unai is a team builder and we will be better than the sum of our parts.  Just give it a chance to bed in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Amazing how some people STILL don't understand how Emery operates. Big name signings are not his thing and are unlikely to ever be.

He also doesn't build 1 season wonder squads, sustainability over the long term is key..

I'm glad we haven't signed any glamour players that would force a move out, if we say finish 6th this season....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

28 goal contributions between Luiz and Diaby last season.

Have we replaced their output yet?

Full season Rogers will chip in. Have you discounted him intentionally?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

28 goal contributions between Luiz and Diaby last season.

Have we replaced their output yet?

Rogers for a whole season....

Buendia back in the team...

Youri being freed up to be more advanced in midfield...

More attacking quality in the full backs...

Window is still open....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â