Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There’s no evidence that we were. You know there was a major tournament going on in Europe that meant outside of Maatsen few deals happened. As with our US tour. A lot of clubs haven’t done huge amounts of business either. The window where clubs massively overpay is January. There’s still over 2 weeks to go. Given how quickly and under the radar Monchi makes deals happen don’t be surprised. We still have to get names off of the books to reduce the squad size. 

Thinks its clear we've been after Felix all summer & it still may happen but with chelsea in the mix now it looks slim & like you said we need to get people off the books to make room for other signings, if we can't move them on on then we can't bring anybody in, so we'd be done in the window. Think the reason it's been a slow window is down to PSR like it was in January.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RicRic said:

Summerville has played at this level before and did not look out of place, Philogene could prove me wrong but i have doubts 

He hardly set the league on fire, did he?

32 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I think Philogene is an unfair argument as he will play right or left in main, for me if Rodgers plays that SS role alongside Watkins he beats both those stats in the whole season

I'm annoyed loads of fantasy "gurus" are hyping Rogers at 5m. Was hoping was going to be an under the radar POD. 

• Like 2

Seems as Nketia move to Marseille broke down now Bournmouth are moving for him. So that's Archer and Duran who will be staying out this summer.

I think Lo Celso is only option for us now as he'll be low cost. 

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

Chasing Felix for so long unto this window & 2 weeks left of window think it will be hard to prize other options away from clubs unless we massively overpay & I don't see us doing that, so if nobody leaves we could be done in this window.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I hope there’s signs of movement from Carlos and Duran soon

Nobdy left interested in Duran outside of Saudi, so he'll be staying. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

There’s no evidence that we were. You know there was a major tournament going on in Europe that meant outside of Maatsen few deals happened. As with our US tour. A lot of clubs haven’t done huge amounts of business either. The window where clubs massively overpay is January. There’s still over 2 weeks to go. Given how quickly and under the radar Monchi makes deals happen don’t be surprised. We still have to get names off of the books to reduce the squad size. 

Wonder if we were waiting for the Olympics to finish before making a move for one or two players involved in that 🤔

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

No, we need an ice cool, master marksman to backup Ollie:

spacer.png

Jokes aside Rogers. Watkins didn't start out as a striker and he became elite under Emery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

I think Philogene is an unfair argument as he will play right or left in main, for me if Rodgers plays that SS role alongside Watkins he beats both those stats in the whole season

Has Brendan Rodgers signed for us? 😉

On a serious note I like Rogers (even if I do think the hype has started a bit prematurely just like it did with Ramsey) but he was already here last season, albeit he signed in January. It’s like saying we’ve lost Luiz but it’s ok Tielemans can replace him. Err, he was already here last season.

Not an argument I buy into I’m afraid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jokes aside Rogers. Watkins didn't start out as a striker and he became elite under Emery

You’re no fun at all 😞 

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You’re no fun at all 😞 

I don't find it fun every window when people complain we don't unearth gems like club x and then we sign some talent and people want to buy new expensive shiny thing from foreign league that might flop in PL instead of talent we have, because they've written them off after a few meaningless pre season friendlies 

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't find it fun every window when people complain we don't unearth gems like club x and then we sign some talent and people want to buy new expensive shiny thing from foreign league that might flop in PL instead of talent we have, because they've written them off after a few meaningless pre season friendlies 

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wonder if we were waiting for the Olympics to finish before making a move for one or two players involved in that 🤔

Baena 🤔

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â