Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

giphy.gif

Strange that you are writing lo celso off, considering emery knows the player well and clearly thinks he can do a good job for us. Not to mention GLC has 57 caps for Argentina, who are the current World Cup and Copa America holders.

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Oh I’m not asking for us to break the rules, not at all, don’t want us to suffer any punishments or repercussions and it’s clear we won’t do that or take silly risks like that…

But, like Nassef, I’m questioning the rules and the integrity of them… and how some clubs seem to be favoured and have more flexibility.

It is mad that we’ve had to sell a key player or two when we’ve managed to be competitive and progressive and get into the CL for the first time. And been unable to strength as freely as we would like (as Nassef also suggested).

Some just don’t care at all 😆 Chelsea?

The rules are dumb...... I would support the new rules coming in IF the 70% was for wages only.

I will never budge from the point that it is wages that kill clubs not fees.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh wow, I didn’t know that. He could play his as a 10, or a little further back, I suppose that versatility is again what UE wants 

Emery knows him and he's clearly rated by Argentina coach, was picked despite not having a huge amount of game time at Spurs. He'll bring plenty of experience, he played for Emery in the Champions League at Villareal and PSG and has also played Champions League for Spurs. He'll probably be a good influence in dressing room.

The thing about Lo Celso is Emery knows him inside and out. So if we ever signed him I will totally default to Emery on this one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I’d imagine it’s many peoples opinion. The three West Ham players last season had 46 G+A in the league, Bailey and Watkins alone had 51 between the two of them.

I'd say Kudus and Paqueta walk into our team. Ollie walks into theirs. Bailey v Bowen is close, as a biased Villa fan I'd prefer Bailey as I don't rate Bowen that much but West Ham fans and many neutrals would disagree. Bowen statistically was better the last 3 seasons, but Bailey is the better footballer I'd say. 

We'll see whose attack is better on Saturday then come back to this conversation. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's still an Argentina international, played in all bar 1 of their Copa America games and got the assist for the winning goal in the final. You don't plays this much for the world champions without being a talented player. 

Spurs know he has a value even with 1 year left.

I get that but his injury record is appalling. Anybody who signs him is taking a gamble.  I do trust Unai but no way would I sign him on a permanent deal, for a big fee.

Ideal scenario would be a loan with a £5m loan fee. At least we could test him before deciding whether to offer him a contract next summer. That might just suit all parties at the end of the day.

20 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Looks like he might be the Felix backup option. But maybe it means we might be able to bring in another forward as well now.

Totally different player to Felix. Lo Celso hasn't played as a number 10 since his Real Betis days. 

More likely be the downgraded Luiz replacement if anything, if he can actually stay fit. 

13 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Could we possibly be thinking of sending Buendia out on loan to get guaranteed game time if we sign Lo Celso?

I think I'd rather keep Buendia & not sign Lo Celso.

• Like 2

Just now, Leeroy said:

Totally different player to Felix. Lo Celso hasn't played as a number 10 since his Real Betis days. 

More likely be the downgraded Luiz replacement if anything, if he can actually stay fit. 

He played most of his games there under Emery at Villareal. I think Emery sees him as that SS / 10 role. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He played most of his games there under Emery at Villareal. I think Emery sees him as that SS / 10 role. 

I thought he was a CM there as they played 4-4-2 but I may be wrong.

He certainly didn't score or assist much playing as a 10/SS if that's he case.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Lo Celso stuff comes from a guy who said Inter were in for Dibu last year.

Or someone who is reading this forum...

28 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Could we possibly be thinking of sending Buendia out on loan to get guaranteed game time if we sign Lo Celso?

No.

30 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I'd say Kudus and Paqueta walk into our team. Ollie walks into theirs. Bailey v Bowen is close, as a biased Villa fan I'd prefer Bailey as I don't rate Bowen that much but West Ham fans and many neutrals would disagree. Bowen statistically was better the last 3 seasons, but Bailey is the better footballer I'd say. 

We'll see whose attack is better on Saturday then come back to this conversation. 

Bailey all day and every day. I also guarantee he's got the best girlfriend of the two.😉

So, today.. 

Felix is going to Chelsea. 

We are in talks to sign Geertruida. 

PSG want to sign Geertruida. 

We are interested in Lo Celso

We have "purchased" Muci

We are interested in Kilcscoy (sp) 

The Gallagher and Felix deal is in the balance so we are back in for Felix. 

Is that right

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

So, today.. 

Felix is going to Chelsea. 

We are in talks to sign Geertruida. 

PSG want to sign Geertruida. 

We are interested in Lo Celso

We have "purchased" Muci

We are interested in Kilcscoy (sp) 

The Gallagher and Felix deal is in the balance so we are back in for Felix. 

Is that right

Seems so. I really wouldn’t expect anything until players leave 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

The Lo Celso stuff comes from a guy who said Inter were in for Dibu last year.

He also said we would sign Acuna last year

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Didn’t this guy say Martinez wanted to leave us? 

spacer.png

Imagine we're looking to get more out than in:

Olsen, Cash, Carlos, Hause, Dendoncker, an LB, Duran, possibly Archer... Need to clear wages etc. To make room. 

Imagine only a couple in. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â