Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

In your opinion.

I’d imagine it’s many peoples opinion. The three West Ham players last season had 46 G+A in the league, Bailey and Watkins alone had 51 between the two of them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Even Collomoose thinks our transfer strategy has been nuts this summer: The Premier League's great gamblers: Why Aston Villa's Sir Alex Ferguson-style strategy and risky transfer game could spectacularly backfire | Daily Mail Online

We'll know after the first 2-3 games if this is right. I just hope we're not panic buying at the end of this month because we've got off to a poor start.

Unai knows what he’s doing. It's not a Ferguson style overhaul when a bulk of the squad remains the same. 

3 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I hope not, if we was good enough he’d have played way more for Spurs than he has

He's had a litany of injuries at key points 

Not saying we want that - but his quality isn't the issue.

• Like 2

Lo Celso is also in the last year of his contract and it's widely known Spurs want to sell. It should be a, relatively, cheap fee between 10-20m.

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

In isolation—I quite like Lo Celso, but if it’s our only attacking signing and not just in addition to another, then I’d be rather disappointed.

I’m not really sure where he would fit in to our midfield, we’re fairly stacked for midfield options?

In Unai we trust.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Even Collomoose thinks our transfer strategy has been nuts this summer: The Premier League's great gamblers: Why Aston Villa's Sir Alex Ferguson-style strategy and risky transfer game could spectacularly backfire | Daily Mail Online

We'll know after the first 2-3 games if this is right. I just hope we're not panic buying at the end of this month because we've got off to a poor start.

Screw Ferguson and his transfer strategy! He only won 13 premier league titles, which isn't good enough for Villa! I'd much rather see us to down the Boehly route where we spend a billion pounds to finish mid table, while amassing a 40+ man squad.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Wes said:

Lo Celso is also in the last year of his contract and it's widely known Spurs want to sell. It should be a, relatively, cheap fee between 10-20m.

Yeah I'd expect 9 or 10m tbh. Emery knows him very well so he's a complete known quantity. If Emery wants to sign him then I'm happy with that.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m not really sure where he would fit in to our midfield, we’re fairly stacked for midfield options?

In Unai we trust.

Emery played him as a second striker at Villareal, on 3 occasions he played as one of the two narrow 10s from LM/RM. See seems clear he'd provide depth up front

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I'd expect 9 or 10m tbh. Emery knows him very well so he's a complete known quantity. If Emery wants to sign him then I'm happy with that.

Spurs desperately want to get rid of him. I wouldn’t be paying anymore than £5m. If that’s not enough for them, then they can keep him and pay his wages for another season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Emery played him as a second striker at Villareal, on 3 occasions he played as one of the two narrow 10s from LM/RM. See seems clear he'd provide depth up front

Oh wow, I didn’t know that. He could play his as a 10, or a little further back, I suppose that versatility is again what UE wants 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â