Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Are you ok? 😂

Lukaku, Tammy… now Zaha? 

Come back to 2024 mate 😆

Not going to lie, I've spent a week or so mainly in the Riots chat and then saw we were still debating the same old **** in the Villa forum so decided to throw some names out there to spice things up  😉

I'd take all of them tbh     (OK maybe not Zaha, that was me pushing it a little too far)

1 minute ago, _AA_786 said:

Not going to lie, I've spent a week or so mainly in the Riots chat and then saw we were still debating the same old **** in the Villa forum so decided to throw some names out there to spice things up  😉

I'd take all of them tbh     (OK maybe not Zaha, that was me pushing it a little too far)

To each their own I guess 😆

We need some proper deals done don’t we? Everything seems to hinge on sales. It’s a shame we’re so restricted when we’re going into our first ever CL campaign.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Know **** all about the first name other than we’ve been linked before and yes to the second - always more realistic signings than Felix - hopefully can tempt them with The Donk. Moreno Archer/Duran 

Who the hell is Muci and will they swap him for Dendonker?

Zaha was scary good for most of his career. Annoying, but brilliant.

Now, that career is soon over. He didn’t even pull up any trees in Turkey and this would seem a horrible time to sign him.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Zaha was scary good for most of his career. Annoying, but brilliant.

Now, that career is soon over. He didn’t even pull up any trees in Turkey and this would seem a horrible time to sign him.

Four years too late. Can't see it, at all.

3 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

No more dusty old ballers… we don’t need to pull that kind of crap anymore. And we don’t need to pay anyone massive wages who is well beyond their best and won’t get close again.

We’re building a good squad to last, we have fine players, our elite manager has committed to us. We have a long term plan.

We’re not desperate for players or signings. We have some good players returning from injury now too.

If we can add genuine quality, we’ll try and do it. Otherwise… we hold fire and wait for the next opportunity. 👍

I don’t get the general defeatist and negative attitude from so many fans (not you)… even with the squad we have, we will be competitive… mainly because we have Unai and what we have already managed to achieve, stunning progress.

But more business will be done, window does not close until we have played our first two league games - the 30th.

But no signings for the sake of it. Got to make sense and make us better.

We really should try to chill, relax and just… enjoy. Much better and more qualified people than us are dealing with everything at the club, they’ve not let us down yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Again, I’d really like Baena. He can play centrally.

Don’t think we have much room in the squad for more wingers, unless we let someone go on loan or sale.

He creates so many chances but, on top of that, is a major threat from free kicks which is something valuable that we don’t have in our squad. 

Philogene isn’t ready and doesn’t offer enough at this level, Bailey is the only player in this type of role that fills me with confidence we NEED another on his level or better ! 

We need another Winger/SS and someone that will replace the G/A that Diaby/Luiz had gave us last season. 

Rogers excites me as he can score and these include long range efforts also something I’ve rarely seen over the years at Villa… JJ is very sharp and athletic so he can always be relied upon but needs to score more and etc

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No more dusty old ballers… we don’t need to pull that kind of crap anymore. And we don’t need to pay anyone massive wages who is well beyond their best and won’t get close again.

We’re building a good squad to last, we have fine players, our elite manager has committed to us. We have a long term plan.

We’re not desperate for players or signings. We have some good players returning from injury now too.

If we can add genuine quality, we’ll try and do it. Otherwise… we hold fire and wait for the next opportunity. 👍

I don’t get the general defeatist and negative attitude from so many fans (not you)… even with the squad we have, we will be competitive… mainly because we have Unai and what we have already managed to achieve, stunning progress.

But more business will be done, window does not close until we have played our first two league games - the 30th.

But no signings for the sake of it. Got to make sense and make us better.

We really should try to chill, relax and just… enjoy. Much better and more qualified people than us are dealing with everything at the club, they’ve not let us down yet.

Even with the professor its clear that we will need a couple signings in midfield/attack… think a higher calibre of player is required at this time then Buendia/ramsey and they are fine players make no mistake about it.. both have played well in preseason also.

• Like 1

Just now, RicRic said:

Philogene isn’t ready and doesn’t offer enough at this level, Bailey is the only player in this type of role that fills me with confidence we NEED another on his level or better ! 

We need another Winger/SS and someone that will replace the G/A that Diaby/Luiz had gave us last season. 

Rogers excites me as he can score and these include long range efforts also something I’ve rarely seen over the years at Villa… JJ is very sharp and athletic so he can always be relied upon but needs to score more and etc

JJ and Buendia will help us, Rogers will just keep getting better… imagine Bailey and Watkins will too. Tielemans…

I agree that it is a wait and see on many, especially the younger players… but we are in decent shape and I do believe more signings and sales are on the way. It’s not easy to get deals done quickly, so many factors are involved and many are dependent on others…

Gonna be a busy few weeks.

14 minutes ago, macandally said:

Muçi scored against us for Legia Warsaw, played against us in ECL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Bailey has had two/three seasons in the Premier League and is now up to speed, how do you think Philogene gets that if you are dismissing him during pre-season?

Bit of reality wouldn’t go amiss.  We didn’t bring him back to play u21’s he will get minutes to develop.  If he is what we think he could be, this post will be as ridiculous as those dismissing Bailey 2/3 Years ago!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, macandally said:

Scored against Villa home & away for Legia - Good player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Even with the professor its clear that we will need a couple signings in midfield/attack… think a higher calibre of player is required at this time then Buendia/ramsey and they are fine players make no mistake about it.. both have played well in preseason also.

He is on it… I’m sure Monchi is doing all he can to get him who he wants. We don’t have the freedom we would like with PSR etc. though. We have to sell…

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Why do you counter your own arguments?  They are not good enough but they are?  

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If ollie gets injured we are **** thats for sure. Thats certainly not be addressed this window so far

I don't think we will be able to get a top striker as wages and fee will be too expensive. I think Tammy would be a decent backup, as he is similar in style to Watkins but won't be too expensive. From previous interviews, he seems to have a soft spot for us so could compromise on wages as well. I'm sure Emery will work his usual magic and get him back to his best, so seems like a no brainer.

I think the problem is that any deal for Felix would mean we won't be able to get João and Tammy. Maybe if Felix falls through then it would be worth going for.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

Just now, macandally said:

Bailey has had two/three seasons in the Premier League and is now up to speed, how do you think Philogene gets that if you are dismissing him during pre-season?

Bit of reality wouldn’t go amiss.  We didn’t bring him back to play u21’s he will get minutes to develop.  If he is what we think he could be, this post will be as ridiculous as those dismissing Bailey 2/3 Years ago!

Bailey had played at the top level for Leverkusen though and in CL/EL. So had Diaby so selling him seems poor judgement. 

Philogene could make that step up but we really don't know at this stage. I think our options attacking options compared to the other top 8 teams are inferior and they seem to be getting stronger each passing week with new signings (Solanke, Neto etc) while we stand still with what we have. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think we will be able to get a top striker as wages and fee will be too expensive. I think Tammy would be a decent backup, as he is similar in style to Watkins but won't be too expensive. From previous interviews, he seems to have a soft spot for us so could compromise on wages as well. I'm sure Emery will work his usual magic and get him back to his best. Seems like a no brainer.

Yeah but it seems like Duran stays. And If he does, we must use him. So he’s our backup striker.

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Can we panic yet? 

At 1.95m tall he'd get the approval of certain posters.  But Stefan's 31 now and his career doesn't have too many highlights that suggest he'll be a breakout signing in the PL.....

Will be interesting what we do in final weeks. Few players to move on and if Felix is off to Chelsea I'm sure we'll move onto other targets for the support striker. Possibly a loan or possibly not. Give how complicated Felix deal would have been we've certainly had alternatives. Especially as we sanctioned Diaby to leave. Not selling Duran has made things more complicated as we are still in a PSR hole for 24/25 that needs to be addressed. 

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Bailey had played at the top level for Leverkusen though and in CL/EL. So had Diaby so selling him seems poor judgement. 

Philogene could make that step up but we really don't know at this stage. I think our options attacking options compared to the other top 8 teams are inferior and they seem to be getting stronger each passing week with new signings (Solanke, Neto etc) while we stand still with what we have. 

You have a point but I’m starting to believe Emery and Monchi are actually playing the long game, beyond this season.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â