Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We need to strengthen at CB so Carlos out and replacement in. 

We need another attacker too ideally a second striker who can play with Watkins. 

Other than that we're good

A decent backup keeper would also be needed if Emery thinks Gauci isn't ready, as Olsen is an absolute calamity.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You could say that of Diaby given he was plan B to Nico Williams. 

Exactly.  Every transfer comes with multiple players scouted, multiple options.  Could easily be argued that....

Onana was plan b to Conor Gallagher

Barrinechea was plan b to Weston McKennie

Gauci was plan b to some other young keeper last January (can't remember the name but I think he went to Brighton)

If we want to be really ridiculous, Buendia was plan C to Messi and Neymar and Martinez was Plan C to Neuer and Donaruma  😆

• Haha 1

Going to be hard to prize a star player out of another team at this stage of the window when the leagues are starting up imminently. Clubs are not wanting to lose important players at this stage except for silly money, which we don't have. Feels like we are more likely to get someone's cast off at this point; players who are clearly surplus to requirements for one reason or another. Could still be some good players on that list but might narrow our field. 

Shows the folly of releasing Diaby early and then chasing Felix for so long when his circumstances were so complicated.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You could be right. Romano has said it for weeks and seems to have his finger on the pulse

If the only source is tweets from Romano then it's hardly bulletproof. Seems on here there's been a whole imaginary saga unfold based on almost nothing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

CB / RB / Second striker still required.

Rogers is a second striker. Buendia played this role before.

Kosta RB looks good.

Why do people piss on players we already have that look great?

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Rogers is a second striker. Why do people piss on players we already have that look great?

Don’t think anyone is pissing on quality or important players. We need depth and good options too. Expecting young players to show consistency and constantly thrive in high pressure, quality and demanding games is a big ask. They can’t play and be in form over the entirety of the season, in every game…

As we saw last season, we will get injuries, suspensions, fatigue and so on. Competition, rotation and rest will be key in what is going to be a demanding season, especially if we want to achieve our goals.

And adding quality (and maybe some experience) helps the other players learn and develop further.

We have lost players who we arguably haven’t replaced either, need to be in a better place… we did wonderfully last season but there’s no doubt that we kind of limped over the line and we could have won a trophy if we didn’t suffer so much.

Anyway, Unai and Monchi are on it. I’m not worried. There is plenty going on and we still have time (all of our business doesn’t have to be done before our first game either, or even the second)… we do have great players and an elite manager and coach who did wonders last season. Should be positive and excited about the new season… imo anyway.

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We need depth and good options too.

The depth that we have people think isn't good enough. They want new shiny expensive thing every **** transfer window.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The depth that we have people think isn't good enough. They want new* shiny expensive thing every **** transfer window.

Think people look at it differently and it depends on which areas we are talking about. 

*  But what’s so bad about that? Isn’t signing a few quality players each season how we progress and get stronger? Isn’t that what most clubs or successful/ambitious ones do or look to do? It’s what we have done too and what has helped propel us.

I don’t think too many are disrespecting our best players or calling for them to be replaced, rather be given more of a helping hand. We saw what they can do last season… and what Unai can.

You’ve got to try and move on the players not up to scratch or not needed (listed earlier) and replace them with better to keep moving forwards…

We have made a big step up now, CL is going to be a challenge (one that we should enjoy)… we were not all that impressive in Europe last season (even worse in domestic cups). We can counteract some of that by strengthening - and that’s we are doing and trying to do. It’s obvious that Monchi and Unai want that to happen but we are limited by the rules and financial restrictions.

Seems like it’s very much a sell to buy situation atm.

Edited by Jas10

43 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Sometimes I think we as fans don't appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes in preseason

She really is quotas gone wrong, bloody awful but tick’s about 5 boxes in one 

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Need to shift a few from Carlos, Duran, Moreno/Digne, Donk… maybe even Cash and Archer.

Before we make many new signings it seems.

I don’t know why people think differently we have half a dozen we should move on 

38 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Saw this mentioned on here weeks ago. If Felix isn't coming then Mbeumo at Brentford might fit the role.

I almost posted yesterday that I'd quite like us to sign Mbuemo but figured it would get shot down on here. 

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don’t know why people think differently we have half a dozen we should move on 

It’s a shame we can’t do much until we move some of these guys on…

I share Nassef’s frustrations…

Dream scenario would be to sell archer & Duran and sign Samu. Baena would be great but as he’s just finished with Spain after the Euros & Olmypics worried he’s been overworked and will take longer to get up to fitness and adapt to the premier league. 

Edited by thabucks

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â