Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Liverpool supporting colleague in kitchen just said Villa been busy in transfer window. I said you wouldn't think so reading Villa forum

Never listen to what a woman thinks about football 😃

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why? 

Not wanted at several clubs and looks like complete show pony every time I've seen him play. Not sure he's made for PL. Yet another transfer window fiasco that people lose their shit over and complain that we're doomed because we don't sign

35 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

id take lukaku

dunno why, always like him........ 

He'd be ideal for us. He can play with Watkins as he is very talented at dropping into midfield with link up play. 

Hopefully we can get him if Napoli can't meet the fee Chelsea want 

• Haha 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

He'd be ideal for us. He can play with Watkins as he is very talented at dropping into midfield with link up play. 

Hopefully we can get him if Napoli can't meet the fee Chelsea want 

And Rogers drops out for that bum? WTF is this BS?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Quite interesting looking at the Felix thread fallout from his decision to want to join Chelsea.

Seems to be a feeling we don't need to replace Diaby?! Guy played loads of minutes for us last year so we certainly do and interested who else we go for now. JPB is not a replacement at all for Diaby given the level he was operating at last season, world away from signing a regular for Leverkusen.

• Like 1

As much as it feels like we could do with an x-factor kind of signing in the position Felix would hypothetically fill, it's hard to justify it without some kind of outgoing(s). Duran and Archer are both still there as back-up to Watkins, while there's still McGinn, Bailey, Rogers, Buendia, maybe more that can and have played SS. If Duran had left it felt workable as you could sign someone who in theory could cover his role but also start alongside Watkins, without that it'll be quite bloated were another player to come in.

At least with a Geertruida/Chalobah/Gomez it makes sense because Carlos/Cash can be improved upon and there's space in that area of the squad to do so, particularly with Carlos seemingly on the way out.

41 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's well documented Felix was plan A, I wonder how plan b and c will feel knowing they were second and third best

No it wasn’t. If you’re basing that on tweets from Romano or clickbait in Spain, I have a bridge to sell you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Quite interesting looking at the Felix thread fallout from his decision to want to join Chelsea.

Seems to be a feeling we don't need to replace Diaby?! Guy played loads of minutes for us last year so we certainly do and interested who else we go for now. JPB is not a replacement at all for Diaby given the level he was operating at last season, world away from signing a regular for Leverkusen.

100% agree. It is madness. We have a champions league campaign this season and we absolutely need a couple of quality players in the door.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not wanted at several clubs and looks like complete show pony every time I've seen him play. Not sure he's made for PL. Yet another transfer window fiasco that people lose their shit over and complain that we're doomed because we don't sign

Disagree about being a show pony. Clearly has bags of talent and would shine imo under Emery in this system. Don't think people are losing their shit either. Lots obviously disappointed that an exciting transfer of a big name player is now unlikely

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

100% agree. It is madness. We have a champions league campaign this season and we absolutely need a couple of quality players in the door.

Ok a couple of thoughts, maybe we will sign a couple more, maybe we can find quality players without spunking tonnes of cash on a 'name'.

Also, what makes you think, aside from one quote where Emery says he's a special player, that we were ever going to sign Felix? The same Felix that if he came here might not be a massive step up in class to what we have in the squad.

We need to strengthen at CB so Carlos out and replacement in. 

We need another attacker too ideally a second striker who can play with Watkins. 

Other than that we're good

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Disagree about being a show pony. Clearly has bags of talent and would shine imo under Emery in this system. Don't think people are losing their shit either. Lots obviously disappointed that an exciting transfer of a big name player is now unlikely

I'd argue that there has never been anything even remotely concrete about us being in for him.

I feel dirty saying it, but fully agree with Kiwi here.

Felix is a skills merchant, his end product is not great, and he has always struggled to be 'the man'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I feel dirty saying it, but fully agree with Kiwi here.

Felix is a skills merchant, his end product is not great, and he has always struggled to be 'the man'.

and he’ll continue to struggle so long as I exist. 

Edited by Delphinho123

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â