Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, thejoker said:

We’ve added much needed depth, but I’m not convinced that our first team is any stronger than last season. Time will tell I guess.

I think we're a weaker side this season. But we need to be realistic, we can't attract certain types of players to the club due to finances, we need to sell before we buy. It goes to show what a stunning job Unai did last year. 

Hope we don't go for Le Celso, don't want Spur's knockoffs. Don't rate him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

It's bizarre coming here to read how many people were panicking over the weekend.

Looking at the squad as a whole, I believe the quality of our first eleven is stronger than last season with a few weeks remaining in the transfer window. We must remember that the squad that started last season went on an incredible winning run at home and had us in the title hunt at Christmas. It was also without Mings (a leader and one of our most influential players) and Buendia (who had a great end to the 22/23 season and got injured after an excellent pre-season).

What killed us last season was our lack of depth - and this is exactly what we've address this season. As fixtures piled up, we had to rely on the same players week-in, week-out as we knew players like Lenglet, Chambers, Zaniolo, and Duran could not be trusted consistently. This meant that our form fell off a cliff because our squad was threadbare.

If you consider that our first eleven (this is debatable) is this:

image.png.4228c063ed9f1416c5505782d964858b.png

Look at the depth we have available to us now:

Carlos (or whomever takes his place)
Digne/Moreno
Nedeljkovic
Barrenechea
Barkley
Ramsey
Iling-Junior
Buendia
Philogene
Archer

And, once they return from injury:

Mings
Kamara

While the first eleven may not look considerably stronger, our squad as a whole has improved and it was already strong to begin with.

And we're not finished yet.

I will add that it’s baffling to me that some are calling this a poor or average window when it’s still open! I won’t judge anything until it shuts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We don't need another Out and Out CF we need a second striker replacement for Diaby.

I assume if Chelsea couldn't agree personal terms with him neither will Villa nor Bournemouth 

9 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Out of curiosity, where does this team finish in the Premier League?

image.png.457427532753abfbff09edc0e0a9b2e0.png

(Forgive me, Nedeljkovic doesn't exist on the lineup builder I used so I went for the closest comparable player)

Bottom half 

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We don't need another Out and Out CF we need a second striker replacement for Diaby.

I assume if Chelsea couldn't agree personal terms with him neither will Villa nor Bournemouth 

Whilst i don't want Omorodion, if we're still selling Duran then I think we do need another CF.

However if Duran is now going to buckle down, then agreed another SS/10 would be good

18 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Bottom half 

Agreed. Change the goalkeeper and the centre forward or else that team is looking at relegation.

List of potential Joao Felix alternatives (two categories---one being a more creative 10, the other a SS/ST).

• Alex Baena
  • Morgan Gibbs-White
  • Rayan Cherki
  • Eberechi Eze

• Matheus Cunha
  • Joao Pedro
  • Albert Gudmundsson
  • Federico Cheisa
  • Ademola Lookman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Whilst i don't want Omorodion, if we're still selling Duran then I think we do need another CF.

However if Duran is now going to buckle down, then agreed another SS/10 would be good

I know nothing about him, I suspect Emery and Monchi will as he is in the Spanish youth setup.

Not sure we need him unless Duran or Archer leaves.

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

List of potential Joao Felix alternatives (two categories---one being a more creative 10, the other a SS/ST).

• Alex Baena
  • Morgan Gibbs-White
  • Rayan Cherki
  • Eberechi Eze

• Matheus Cunha
  • Joao Pedro
  • Albert Gudmundsson
  • Federico Cheisa
  • Ademola Lookman

Chiesa for me would be a good fit for us. A contrast to what we have and a different player to Diaby in that role.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Alright this is total chaos now.

Villa want Felix.

Chelsea want omorodion

Felix linked to chelsea

Omorodion linked to Villa

'linked to Villa' is a stretch. They've 'offered' him and we aren't interested. Just trying to make it seem more ridiculous (than it already is on Chelsea's part), but not really anything to do with us.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I'm listening..

Just wishful thinking but someone that can play with Watkins and also maybe lead the line without Watkins in the side. I can’t imagine how Chelsea fit him, Palmer and Felix. 

I'm kinda in the camp that we need 2 attacking players IF Duran isn't going to play a part in this season. A second striker to replace Diaby and another CF cos I don't think Archer is good enough. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Out of curiosity, where does this team finish in the Premier League?

image.png.457427532753abfbff09edc0e0a9b2e0.png

(Forgive me, Nedeljkovic doesn't exist on the lineup builder I used so I went for the closest comparable player)

"The Ser-bian Ca-fu! The Ser-bian Caaaffuuuuuuu!" etc etc

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â