Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We started all business but I feel we have dicked around this past few weeks. If we wanted Duran out and a player like Felix in we should have done the deals. Season is starting next week.falling 2 or 3 league places would probably cost us more than getting the deals done woild have.

Edit,  just to flesh this out, we are playing this season at a level we haven't played in 40 years and I thought we'd have added more CL experience and quality. Arguably we have a tad less European experience going into this season (as things stand).

Not true sorry.

Dougie has left and has zero CL experience. 

Diaby had some at Leverkusen I think, but not much. As much experience as Onana. Then there's Maatsen who started the final. 

Carlos might leave but again his touted replacement has experience. 

The window is far from closed anyway. 

7 hours ago, Tayls said:

Can’t help but judge now because the season starts next weekend and we are going to struggle. Dreadful window so far. 

🎣

Must not fall for it 

;)

• Like 2

Everyone prefers our business is done early in the window so the team can bed in. That’s better than leaving it late.

But we signed 400 players already this summer. They’ve had their preseason with us. One or two extra at the end isn’t the end of that world.

Edited by Enda
  • Like 1

We might pick up Lo Celso to give us the depth we need, he'll be a cheap signing I imagine, less than £10m and emery will know everything about him. So if he wants him in I'm ok with that. Emery for sure will know better than I on this one.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

🎣

Must not fall for it 

;)

Haha, seems the same crowd who thought our season was over a couple of games after the first arsenal win, that we'd never get Europe, then Tottenham would easy beat us to fourth and that United would catch us etc etc are back predicting we'll fail before we even kick a ball this season.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We might pick up Lo Celso to give us the depth we need, he'll be a cheap signing I imagine, less than £10m and emery will know everything about him. So if he wants him in I'm ok with that. Emery for sure will know better than I on this one.

We don't need depth we need quality and players who are upgrades to the starting eleven.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We don't need depth we need quality and players who are upgrades to the starting eleven.

Buying quality depth improves the first 11... It allows them more rest minutes! This isn't old school football where you have 40 games and 20 players and barely change the first 11...

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I disagree. It's more than ever a squad game. If we had depth we can better manage our best players minutes to make sure they stay injury free and are in peak condition for the whole season. 

• Like 1

If people think Geertruida is going to come in and be a replacement for Carlos at CB they are in for a shock.

He's a RB first and foremost he should be Cash's replacement and another CB should be signed to replace Carlos.

• Like 2

C+ so far we need a couple more that will be knocking on the door of the first 11.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We might pick up Lo Celso to give us the depth we need.

Wouldn't signing Lo Celso give us the depth we don't need?

For depth we need a couple of CB's and a striker.

If we're signing players in our stronger areas, it should be on the basis of quality or financial benefit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Not true sorry.

Dougie has left and has zero CL experience. 

Diaby had some at Leverkusen I think, but not much. As much experience as Onana. Then there's Maatsen who started the final. 

Carlos might leave but again his touted replacement has experience. 

The window is far from closed anyway. 

Read my post again. Arguably we have a tad less European experience now than we had in May. We all said the conference league would stand us in good stead for the champions league.

-Luiz, part of the team that took us to a European semi final in 23-24

- Diaby, part of a team that took us to a European semi final in 23-24

- Kellyman, played minutes in our European campaign in 23-24

- Tim played minutes in our 23-24 European campaign (ditto Carlos, Duran and anybody else who leaves).

Maatsen is a big addition but we now have 3 quality left backs. Need to shift one. Onana, is a big addition to replace Luiz. 

Our squad is deeper now but our first eleven as of right now isn't as strong as our best eleven of last August-December.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We have a million squad players. We don't need depth we need 1-2 quality players who are as good or better than Diaby and Carlos.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â