Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

We started all business but I feel we have dicked around this past few weeks. If we wanted Duran out and a player like Felix in we should have done the deals. Season is starting next week.falling 2 or 3 league places would probably cost us more than getting the deals done woild have.

Edit,  just to flesh this out, we are playing this season at a level we haven't played in 40 years and I thought we'd have added more CL experience and quality. Arguably we have a tad less European experience going into this season (as things stand).

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My post is rubbish?

I'm just saying Luiz, Diaby, Tim and Kellyman went out and the jury is out on wether Onana, Enzo, Dobbin, and Philogene are on par or better. Maatsen is an upgrade at left back bit we are well stocked there.

But the squad unit is stronger, yes with Barkley, and SIJ good additions.  So we would be able to weather an injury crisis as things stand. But our first team last year was able to beat the likes of Man City and Arsenal- I'm not sure as of right now we have the same quality to match those teams.

Lol Captain you obviously aren't acquainted with the Legend that is @Follyfoot and his sarcasm, satire and banter yet lol

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Can’t help but judge now because the season starts next weekend and we are going to struggle. Dreadful window so far. 

We were being praised early for good window by neutrals. You're just a parody now 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Can’t help but judge now because the season starts next weekend and we are going to struggle. Dreadful window so far. 

You can choose to be a Spurs fan you know - you'd fit right in!

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Cry more.

I don't mind us standing firm for our evaluations (Duran/Carlos). It shows that we won't be bullied.

Look at what is transpiring at Chelsea - they are being dragged right now.

This isn't a sprint and Emery/Monchi know that. We need to improve the squad year on year and we have done so this summer already with (I would assume) some business to come. The starting 11 may not look quite as good as our purple patch last season but I think we will see a new 11 reach that level with some adjustments etc.

• Like 2

Finding the recent hysteria and panic quite funny tbh… too exhausted to be annoyed about it now 😂

Why has there been so much negativity, almost a defeatist mentality and pessimism from so many fans online? Twitter/X is rife with bedwetters 😆

But it’s been quite miserable here too! 😆

Cant we just chill and see how things pan out? There is time and no doubt that we’re working on deals, both sales and signings.

Window shuts before our 3rd game of the season… 

We haven’t lost a player to anyone at this point in time either… we don’t even know all of our targets  😆

We’ve had our best season in decades at least, played wonderful football with some brilliant performances and results and got into CL competition for the first time. Let’s be happy 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We were being praised early for good window by neutrals. You're just a parody now 

Yea, but then it came to a halt. We haven’t improved the 11, and we are still way short in key areas. 

Just now, Jas10 said:

Finding the recent hysteria and panic quite funny tbh… too exhausted to be annoyed about it now 😂

Why has there been so much negativity, almost a defeatist mentality and pessimism from so many fans online? Twitter/X is rife with bedwetters 😆

But it’s been quite miserable here too! 😆

Cant we just chill and see how things pan out? There is time and no doubt that we’re working on deals, both sales and signings.

Window shuts before our 3rd game of the season… 

We haven’t lost a player to anyone at this point in time either… we don’t even know who our targets are really 😆

We’ve had our best season in decades at least, played wonderful football with some brilliant performances and results and got into CL competition for the first time. Let’s be happy 😆

Jas you are posting like a 14 year old who just got home form a Taylor Swift concert. Complete with emoji overload haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would imagine we'll move for Alex Baena pretty swiftly if Felix ends up at Chelsea. 

Well have different options/targets/alternatives for every position we are looking to strengthen in… 

we may even sign Felix (why are so many assuming he’s already gone or will definitely choose Chelsea over us?) but there are other top players and talents out there…

yes Baena, now that he’s got a break from football, Fermin Lopez, Goncalves perhaps… and probably several others.

Just now, Anything11 said:

Jas you are posting like a 14 year old who just got home form a Taylor Swift concert. Complete with emoji overload haha.

😂 sorry, I can’t help myself 😂

It’s weird and funny, I’m past being annoyed or frustrated about it. It’s been quite relentless from many… 

Thought we may have seen the end of it after the cry babies who thought we were doomed and going to miss out on CL to inferior teams…

We deservedly achieved it yet many still aren’t happy! (Resisting emoji…. Resisting…… emoji!!!!!!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We started all business but I feel we have dicked around this past few weeks. If we wanted Duran out and a player like Felix in we should have done the deals. Season is starting next week.falling 2 or 3 league places would probably cost us more than getting the deals done woild have.

Edit,  just to flesh this out, we are playing this season at a level we haven't played in 40 years and I thought we'd have added more CL experience and quality. Arguably we have a tad less European experience going into this season (as things stand).

What makes you think we’re dicking around?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

I’m confused. Why is everyone freaking out like our summer transfer plans have just been ruined? Do people on here and Twitter seriously think they have an idea of what Unai and Mochi have been planning all summer?

• Like 2

I swear some people on here, have only been following Aston Villa for 15 seconds and know nothing about football in general....

Yes I love football manager too, but this is the real world .... so calm down and let's just see how things play out...

The lack of faith in club and the people in charge astounds me.... Maybe go watch a few matches under Slippy G to get some perspective back....

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â